What's up with McElroy?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Who cares? McElroy just doesn't have the arm to be an NFL starting QB, and if he ends up being one, he will be nothing better than Chad Pennington. He won't be Brady because he has no arm strength.

2. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Honestly my friend, if he turns out to be as smart as Chad ,I would be thrilled. An if his arm is as strong or weak as Chad's before he got hurt the first time I would be thrilled as well.

Because I will take the smart QB everytime, over the guy who can throw it the length of the field, but,1) cannot read a defense, 2) cannot make a decision, 3) Make very poor decisions when he does, 4) cannot exploit what the defense is giving him.

One can win playing a short field Chad did this many times, I also might remind you that because of his short game, ever now and then Chad would launch one and when he did his arm seemed just fine.....

Is this McElroy ? Hell if I know, yet, for the short time I did see him though, he moved the team and seemed very calm and poised under pressure, even if it was against second and third string guys...

3. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

You have to keep in mind that Pennington is certainly the exception, not the rule for QBs who can't chuck it 40 yards downfield. There's a reason that he was picked 6 rounds ahead of McElroy.

Nothing that we've seen from McElroy in college, training camp, or preseason suggests that he's good enough to be an NFL starter. I'm not saying that he's guaranteed to hold a clipboard for the rest of his career, but Jets fans also thought that Tory Woodbury and Brett Ratliff were the waves of the future.

4. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Orton! We need a game manager and thats what he is. A good guy to compete with Sanchez.

5. Shemy

Shemy Member

nigga cant even throw against the wind

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

How long are his arms?

That's important around here.

7. TheGreenCantona

Actually, I bet you that you can make any kind of statistical regression and round picked and success in NFL will be heavily correlated.

8. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Being the back up in being loved. If he became the starter it wouldn't take long for you guys hate him

9. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

revis christ, mcelroy sucks

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

McElroy hasn't played 1 NFL game and already all of you guys are experts and are 100% sure he won't make it.
    I'm not saying "give him a chance" or "I'm sure he'll make it"...but whoever is 100% sure he won't make it is in full retard mode.

As for arm strength it's the most useless attribute when evaluating a QB. Arm strength only become useful when you have accuracy, timing, pocket presence, ability to read wthe D etc etc... so many QB prospects fail at those thing and all of those are more important than arm strength.

Pennington's arm wasn't (only) weak... it was broken. He'll be lucky if he can raise his arm above his head 10 years from now.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Holmes has threatened to walk off the field and sit on the bench if McElroy is the starting QB. Just saying...