What would Mosley's trade value be?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Dec 10, 2020.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I dont expect or need to change your mind.

BTW I said 12 first rounders not 2.

RochesterJet likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Why are you quoting me that?

You're fighting a one man battle in this thread but then quote me and infer that I am angry at Mosley.

I said it is some of the finest minutes I have seen, please tell me what is a lie about that?

He played like you said three quarters of football, so not even an hour, so again for fear of repeating myself, 'some of the finest minutes I have seen'.

And as for potential game changing abililities, he has been a long time inactive bar those 'earlier minutes' we just discussed, tbh I fear he will have forgotten how to change into his game gear never mind alter a game on the pitch.

As for all of that mate, it was a fucking lighthearted quip to give people a little giggle, it worked for the others, lighten up man ffs. :rolleyes:

One thing is for sure the Jets will get the shit end of the stick whatever happens with Mosley.

#42 K'OB, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    ouchy and Jets81 like this.
  3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Let’s see what happens if or when the Jets try to trade him. There’s little point in arguing your case any more. It’s you against the world. That doesn’t mean you’re wrong, but it means the odds are stacked against you.

CotcheryFan and K'OB like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It isn't about being angry or belittling our players. It's about you not having a clue what you're talking about and thinking you know more than everyone else. You're looking at it totally like a homer fan, not realistically at all.

K'OB likes this.
  5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

DWC new account.

K'OB and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Very good player
    BUT
    trade value: bag of footballs

Br4d, K'OB and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If we end up with Trevor, we can afford to keep him and SHOULD. He's a true beast, or as Jamal Adams would say, a dawg. We need MORE dawgs, not fewer.

If we end up with Sam, we won't be able to afford him no matter how good he is. We already paid $10M towards his 2021 salary and would most certainly trade him. Probably for a 1st. I'd be disappointed if it were for less. Top middle LBers are drafted in the top half of the first round every year, sometimes even higher. Football is a chess match, and whoever controls the middle of the board usually wins the game.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. K'OB

Who was that guy that wanted 18m in free agency but had missed a year through illness rather than injury? Great player but nobody wanted him at 18m and inbelive not even at 14m.

If you read the thread plenty of reasons why no team is giving up a 1st rounder for Mosley, good player that he was and that is a hugely possible WAS.

9. K'OB

Been on a slow burner for emergencies only, 2007 is top groundwork :D

Jets69 likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

CJ Mosley is an interesting player. The Jets will have a mostly new team in 2021, with a new Head Coach, potentially a new QB, and more players from Douglas than Maccagnan. Mosley is the one hold-over that is pretty hard to move with that contract and only playing one game in two seasons. The best and most likely option is that he is the Jets MLB next season. Let him play and see how it goes. He has talent. That has never been an issue. He will be 29. If he continues to get injured or isn't the same player, you just bite the bullet and release him in 2022. I don't see him being traded.

ukjetsfan, Bellys Lies and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes

CJ Mosley owes us guys!! I was POed he opted out over COVID, his option of course, but with all the $ we paid it stunk

And if he has any honor or professionalism as a player(which of course he may not have) he will give us 1 good season

Play him ..but keep him on a short leash and end it if he doesn't live up to potential

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

ehh.... If he wouldve played, what wouldve happenned? maybe the JETS finish 3-13?

we owe him another beer.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Damn yeah. You guys are right. Forget the fact that he hasn't played in three years by the time he reaches his new team.

There's a HUGE market for run stuffing 3-4 inside linebackers out there.

:rolleyes:

14. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Facts are in his career.

7 seasons including this year, as he opted out for non football reasons.

3 seasons he's completed 16 games, last completed 16 games when he was 25 years old, and will start the season next year at 29.

Bar whatever training camp etc will be happening. He's not been in football shape for 2 years from the beginning of next season or played a full game.

He's put up 6 forced fumbles and 6 fumble recoveries along with 8.5 sacks in his playing days.

No one is saying that he's not been a good player, but a 29 year old with that resume in a non premium position does not net anything above a 4th. Probably less with that contract.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

K'OB and Jets79 like this.
  15. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

There are going to be so many new faces in the Jets lockeroom next season, most of the team is not signed , along with new coaches. No one is going to hold anything against someone who opted out. I do not think we could get anything other than a 4th rd pick for him. We might as well keep him and see. Not everybody can be a 22 yr old prospect next yr. Besides if we traded him we would go down as paying the most ever to an NFL player for 3/4s of a game. It would probably work out to around a million per minute of playtime.

16. Footballgod214

There seems to be every year in the draft. In fact, you can thank the Cards for drafting one at #8, helping us to Mekhi Becton at #11.

17. Footballgod214

Like Peter Graves thumbing through photos of CIA operatives, deciding which ones are needed for the current mission, our new head coach will get to CJ Mosley's picture and toss it on the 'need' pile.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I doubt Mosley has any trade value at all at this point. He's going to be 29 next season and he will have missed 26 games in a row before next season.

He's going to retire on the Jets contract plus whatever small deal he can sign as a try-out with the next team before they decide he's not worth paying real money for.

He was a great player but he got hurt and then he made a choice that likely effectively ended his NFL career by sitting out this season. His only chance to get back on track is to play lights out for the Jets next season and make the Pro Bowl. Barring that he will get small offers from other teams after the Jets but you have to think he's not interested in playing for peanuts at this point. That's what he's going to be worth as he heads post-prime with not enough recent success to make anybody give him a real offer.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Isaiah Simmons is far from a 3-4 run stuffing linebacker. Have you ever seen him play?

Can you track me down the highest draft pick traded for an inside linebacker please?

20. Footballgod214

That wasn't my point. My take was against those who say MLBer are not valuable and CJ Mosely will have no trade value.