What would happen if Gase is actually fired?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Swe-Jet, Sep 20, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, I know the screwed up org chart is still in place, but I"m hoping that Chris will defer to Douglas. Since he was willing to pay him so much and not willing to take "No" for an answer, he should trust him and let him make the decisions. He probably won't, but should. I hope Woody rots in England.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I can see Gase being fired before the end of the season if things continue like this. As we've said before, it's one thing to have an underwhelming season with a new coach. It's another thing to not even score any points. But under Gase, the team can barely get past the line of scrimmage! You can't make excuses for the guy simply because he doesn't have the right personnel. Parcells got us a 9-7 season with Neil O'Donnell and Glen Foley at QB in 1997, and even got us to 8-8 with Vinny out for the year and one of the biggest busts in NFL history in Rick Meier replacing him in 1999. I say give the guy some time. But win or lose, at least be on the lookout for improvement, and noticeable improvement at that. There has to be definite proof that they are heading in the right direction and that the schemes are beginning to work. If they aren't able to get anything going by midseason, I'd be all for giving Gase his walking papers before Black Monday.

3. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Even if the Jets go 3-13, that should be no problem because, like a good guide dog, the Jets' fans have been trained and brainwashed into accepting mediocrity and misery. Whatever happens, right on cue, everybody will be back here again next season with high hopes and huge expectations from a bunch of overpaid stiffs.

4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The two former pro bowlers on the current OL stink. That is how Maccagnan built his crap OL--rejects from other teams and free agents (no draft picks). THAT is why the jets are always fighting for the basement of the AFC EAST.