What will a 2-0 start mean for Jets this year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 12, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Championship? @FJF

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

See above. :)

K'OB likes this.
  3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

It means a good start.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It means an undefeated first 12.5% of the season.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I know you didn't say that. Sorry, didn't mean to piss on your parade. If we beat SF and they are healthy and have all key players are available, it says we have a great future. That if nothing else we have a great GM and great DC, and quite possibly have a much better HC than some people thought, if not a great HC.

Brook! likes this.
  6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

9 months from now after going 6-0 in the division and finishing the season 12-4 while the Bills and 9ers miss the playoffs we'll look back at this tread and chuckle..."How did we think those 1st two games would be anything but a cakewalk???"

Brook! likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Some can beat the drums all day long with the over inflated reason that Buffalo was playing the back ups in the rematch as the major excuse.... but How well did they do at full force on the first game of the season against a sick QB and no real OL? They were on the ropes for three quarters and won by the skin of their teeth because of our dismal NYJ kicker couldn’t kick for shit, not a cheap field goal nor an extra point. IMO they were not very impressive at all. We gave them the game.
    Buffalo is a good team but beatable if we can establish a strong running game and keep their QB in the pocket and force him to throw. Lets not make them look like the Brady NE Pats quite yet please. We should not be afraid of them, go in and punch them in the mouth in the trenches. It’s in the trenches these wars are won and lost. Hope our OL gels quickly in pre season.
    I can’t wait.

NYJetsO12, J-Raw24 and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMO, If we start 2-0 it means we started the season on the right track for once, the team would build much needed confidence, and gain a decisive advantage on a season in major flux.
    It’s only good however if we use it to leverage the 2 wins and build from it with renewed intensity, keep our guard up and take no prisoners. I don’t care if the competition is healthy or not, we must beat what is in front of us. The opposition did not give two shits or made excuses last year that we were not healthy while they beat us like a drum.
    To paraphrase some here particularly when they talk about Gase’s checkered past “ You are what the record says you are” no ifs, and or buts.
    2-0 Would be a great start and a very welcome gift to all Jets fans.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

That's not saying much. Outside of Diggs, their wide receiver core is mediocre. Cole Beasley has experience but has been an average at best #3 WR. RBs have no clear #1. TE is completely unproven (at least one year with little production). O-line isn't bad. Defense was good and probably will be this year.

They are just pretty much completely lacking at the skill positions of the offense. And the Jets have had better offenses than the Bills with elite defenses and still didn't do much.

LAJet likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Bills got a top 10 defense with potential to go into the top 5. Don't sleep on Singletary, if you remember he ran the ball down the Jets throats after Mosley went out.

Josh Allen is a question mark. He was the reason why the Bills lost in the WC last year. Spotlight is on him. No way am I sleeping on the Bills.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If this team starts 2-0, they could get to 7-0.

13. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

It would mean that Joe Douglas is a very shrewd GM

Trading Becton for Jerry Jeudy after the 2nd preseason game was a brilliant move

15 receptions in the first 2 games for 240 yards and 3 TDs?

Just call him Jetty Jeudy

IPP for the W-I-N!

Ok, everybody calm down, I’m just busting balls guys

2-0 would be pretty great, 49ers are elite and Bills are an ascending team

Probability would swing in our favor of making the playoffs

14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Yeah the league doesn't hand out any trophies for that.

I remember when they started out (a unlikely) 4-0 in 2000 then 9-4 later that season only to finish 9-7 miss the playoffs.

I'd enjoy th 2-0 for what it would be 2-0 but there'd still be a lot of the season left to go.

15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Diggs is a #1 and that allows both Brown and Beasley as the #2 and #3 receivers which is where they should be. Singletary is a pretty good RB. The Bills have more weapons at the skill positions on offense than you give them credit for. The OL while not great is good. Their D is elite. It really comes down to Allen. If he plays well then the Bills will be in the mix for a championship. They have a good team and are the best team in the division. Beane has done what we hope Douglas does and that is build a strong roster around the QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Singletary is special I think. I'm not sold on Diggs being a big time 1.

Allen won't last if they continue to use him the way they've been doing. Dude is gonna tear a shoulder or get concussions if they keep it up.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well no one in their right mind thinks the NYJets could start 2-0 ,,,so who knows??. If it happens every talking head in the sports world will be spinning heh

Wiiliams and our revamped Defense can keep us in both contests imo and the Bills are the easier match up obviously..actually I would elated if we just beat them outa the gate

Dont forget Adam Gase is still the Coach and 2-0 wont be sustained by game 3

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we can beat the bills. I don't think we can beat the niners. their D and pass rush is just nasty. there only weakness is jimmy G. their run game is beast too. only way to beat them is to force jimmy G to throw by shutting down the run game and to not make mistakes on offense

LAJet likes this.