What to do with Darron Lee after Mosley signing.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Mar 31, 2019.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

There are ways that we can implement and utilize all 3 of Mosley, Williamson and Lee.

On 1st down and/or obvious run situations line up C.J and Williamson as the two 3-4 IMLB's.

On 3rd down and obvious passing situations line up C.J and Lee.

Could even use C.J/Williamson as traditional IMLB's and use Lee as a hybrid LB/Safety (as did Arizona with Buchanan) and from there can either drop Darron Lee into coverage or disguise and send on the blitz; with an OLB pass rusher such as an Allen/Bosa and suddenly you're able to use D.Lee any which way.

Adams.
    Maye.
    Trumaine.
    Williams.
    Mosley.
    Lee.
    Williamson.
    Allen/Bosa.

These are some really big name players. With a boat load of talent. And in the mist of it all is Darron Lee. Surround him with top notch talent, as he was while with that insane Ohio State defense and guess what... Lee can become a true N.YJ household name. Don't forget he was the defensive player of the game during their bowl game I believe against Alabama he was everywhere making plays. After 3 years of NFL work he's put up some strong statistical numbers and has truly improved every singles season, but this 2019 defense especially the front 7 is going to be fully loaded with talent he'll be surrounded by game changers to the point if ever left unaccounted for he'll cause havoc and become a big piece to our defense.

If the Jets do trade him. Which I hope they don't. But it would have to be for a mid to high 2nd round pick. Former 1st who's improved 3 consecutive seasons and prime for his 4th year both coached up and developed. A 4th/5th rounder? No thnx. I rather lose him for nothing and just enjoy the talent level of this soon to be post draft 2019 defense rather than give a 1st round investment away for much less in return ala can never have enough LB's just ask Bill Belichick come postseason play a player as versatile as Darron Lee can become unleashed under the right circumstances.

mrjet80 likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the simple answer is lee can replace williamson as the nickel back and we can rotate all 3 to keep them fresh as well. I'd expect mosely to be our 3 down backer though with the money he makes

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I can't see Lee on the roster past next week. He will be traded.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This is bold

I respect your prediction and now I’m curious to see the outcome.

Royal Tee and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

All I do is deliver hot takes! This one is fire and way outside the box. Sometimes you just need to live on the wild side!

NYJetsO12, Red Menace and Royal Tee like this.
  6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

My permanent residence...

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

As of today guy is still on the Team ..but who knows?

Lee was drafted as a First rounder>>>>most are ready to take the field and contribute...we draft Allen or Bosa in a week they will be playing asap and prob doing a half decent job

Guy has played like a 5th rounder..another Mac blunder. If he was taken in round 4 no one would be complaining (well maybe a little..ahahah)

Maybe Greg Williams tells him to make sure he has some Wheaties and Boost Milkshakes everyday instead of the PEDS>>>>he will be the Phoenix rising..heheheh

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

When mosely was gonna hit the market I predicted we’d sign him despite lee being on the roster.

That said...

We either trade him, or should slide him outside. If he succeeds outside great. If not then he’s gone.

Win win either way.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're like Jason LaCanfora with straight eyes.

Royal Tee and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

That's false. You can not sit here and name us a good 3-5 LB's drafted within the 4th or 5th round of Lee's draft class that's A.) Had as much playing time as Lee. B.) Put up as much statistical production as Lee has. C.) Has improved each and every one of their 3 years as Lee has and D.) Rated top 5 amongst all LB's last year in pass coverage as did Lee last year.

Before you claim he's produced "like a 4th or 5th rounder" it'll be funny trying to name 3-5 LB's who's out performed LEE drafted 4th/5th round of that year. You just can't and won't be able to.

PROVE ME WRONG. But Lee is no 4th or 5th round LB lol.

K'OB likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You responded to a poster who can’t name 3-4 linebackers let alone 1 that was drafted the same year as lee.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ask Management to prove you wrong, not me...

Such a great improvement? Then why are Mac and FO so eager to trade him like yesterday and put millions into CJ Mosely's pocket?

Speaking of the 4th and 5th round,,,We will be stuck with Lee if no other Team wants to part with that pick..it might play out that way

#72 NYJetsO12, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Any team that got Lee in the 4th round would be creaming their jeans right now. Mosley is one of the best ILB in football, bringing him on board is a no brainer and Lee being here probably had no bearing on that decision.

What a bad opinion.

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Are you surprised at that?

BroadwayAaron likes this.