What the hell is wrong with some Jet fans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Bvon

Bvon New Member

So paying Favre all that money is ok with you? It was a damn waste.

Haven't I said to NOT trade any defensive player that we can't replace? I'm all for this D to remain intact and adding Cutler for our draft is absolutely worth it.

Thing is, none of us know what we have. I'd rather KNOW who is behind center than ask a question and risk being wrong later on.

2. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

You don't know how Cutler will handle New York, you don't know how he will pick up this system, and you don't know how he will work with our receiving core, he likes to throw the bomb, we have nobody to catch that bomb.

Not trading any defensive players, it will take multiple first round picks, it will upset Rhodes and the defense to have Cutler here, it will upset the QB's we have and the Offensive line that has lobbied for them this off-season.

I'm not saying Cutler wouldn't work here, I'm just saying there is a chance that he won't and we would have wasted valuable draft picks without exploring in house options. He could be a great QB in NY, I'm not denying that because i simply don't know, but is that risk worth taking?

Can you not admit that you don't know if Clemens or Ratliff can do a job on this team, especially if we draft a blocking TE to establish the run even more, and a game breaking WR to open the field. With that type of offense we don't need a gunslinger like Cutler, we need a game manager. Can you not accept that there is a chance that Clemens in the grand scheme of things could be the better option?

3. yomega80

yomega80 New Member

can we stop calling cutler an all-pro hes has not earned the honor yet he has the potential be 1 but isnt

4. al greenspam

al greenspam New Member

It's highly apparent that some folks have completely lost the forest for the trees when it comes to the Jets' QB situation. Look at the list of Super Bowl winners -- the overwhelming majority have had an elite QB. How many elite QBs have the Jets had in the past 40 years? and how many Super Bowls have they even been to?
    Cutler may not be a Hall of Famer yet, but he clearly has elite skills. Whereas Clemens and, especially, Ratliff have proven exactly nothing in the NFL. I have to laugh at all the luv Ratty gets here. Why, because he completed a couple of passes against third-stringers playing vanilla defense in meaningless games? Honestly, let's PLEASE not kid ourselves -- the Jet currently have a HUGE question mark at QB.
    Cutler is a known commodity, and QBs of his young age and skill level are basically never on the open market. So what should the team pay for him? Well, it starts with 2 first-round picks. Obviously, one first-rounder for Cutler is a no-brainer, and why would adding another one be such a deal-breaker? Anyone recall who we got with our very high first-rounder last year? ugh.
    But there will be plenty of competition for Cutler's services, so the price, I predict, will go up from there. So fine, let's throw in a third-rounder next year. Hey, the Jets have already shown that they're not shy about building much of their team through free agency, and one less high-ish draft pick means one less salary slot to manage. I'm not saying that draft picks aren't valuable, but I am saying that an elite passer is the MOST valuable thing there is in the NFL, and it is worth sacrificing quite a bit to land an elite passer who hasn't even reached his prime yet. And I'm saying that some folks here have lost the forest for the trees because anyone who isn't a Jets fan and thus isn't emotionally invested in any of our players would immediately note that we have a gaping hole on our roster at the QB position. And all of a sudden, that rarest of commodities -- a young, proven, elite passer -- becomes available, and the team is supposed to pass him up for the Hail Mary dream that, against all odds, Clemens or Ratliff or Ainge will prove to be in that category?
    Wake up, Jets fans! This team hasn't had a QB with Cutler's talent since the days of Joe Willie. Anyone remember how that turned out? Or how it's gone since then?

5. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

^ Cutler still has a lot to show before he's truly an elite QB. I'd love to see him a Jet, but with his attitude and inconsistencies and the draft picks and talent we'd have to give up, there's a pretty big risk there. As far as first round picks, I really think Rex & Co. might get the most out of Gladys' talent... and fwiw, O'Brien's talent was pretty comparable to Cutler.

#105 GBA, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  6. Phear

Phear New Member

TBJF you post the same garbage in every thread about Cutler. His losing record, blah blah blah. Is he supposed to play defense as well as offense? In 2 years the kid has thrown for over 8000 yards, when was the last time we had a qb capable of doing that? His record is outstanding when his defense shows up, 1 loss. no not a typo, 1 loss. This year he had 4 come from behind wins (not counting the chargers game where the ref gave denver the game) and the bills game week 16 they had the lead after cutler drove them down the field for the game tying field goal and denvers defense did what they did most of the year, crumbled giving up the winning td.

As for what we have in clemens and ratliff....who gives a fuck if we can get a sure thing. i'm tired of this franchise losing and changing out coaches and qbs every couple of years. Cutler is a franchise qb and i would like to fucking win another super bowl. if we have to give up harris or rhodes to get that done, then so be it.

You can say that teams have won the super bowl without a franchise qb, i hear this crap argument all the time, bears, bucs, ravens, blah blah blah. but guess what? teams have won the super bowl 5 times more when they have a franchise quarter back behind center, do the math. By the non sense you post if some one were to offer you a trade of a winning lottery ticket for 3 tickets you just purchased you would turn down the trade because their may be a slim "chance" that 1 or all of your tickets could be winners.

A 25 year old franchise qb is on the block and we have a chance to get him, shit like this rarely ever happens. look at what he has been able to do with a bottom 5 defense, imagine what he would be able to do with our team.

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Harris, Revis and Rhodes haven't won shit either. The Jets haven't won shit since 2002. They haven't won anything really important since 1969.

The missing piece on many recent Jets teams has been a franchise-standard quarterback. A player of that stature is better than any single defensive player. You can win without one, but it's much, much easier with one - just look at the list of Super Bowl winning QBs.

If you don't think Cutler is of that calibre, then that's fair enough, it's a valid opinion. If you do think he is of that calibre, then he is worth more than Rhodes, more than Harris. I would have to think long and hard about Revis... but then I'd do it.

I would MUCH rather give up just draft picks, and try and involve another team, but that's not likely. If it took Rhodes OR Harris and a 1, I'd do it.

Just a personal opinion, and nothing to hang your head about.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why are people worried about trading Revis or Rhodes? Don't you realize how enormous the cap hit would be? Do some investigating before letting panick set in. However, Harris or Washington or both are a different story. Both are cheap and have little or no bonus money left to write off.

#108 Don, Apr 2, 2009
  9. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

This subject is bit touchy for me, I would like a good young QB, but I would absolutely be sick to my stomach to see Harris or Rhodes go. Revis shouldn't even be considered to be traded, we hit jackpot with him, trading him wont be worth it, our secondary will be absolute shit. I hate this situation, I am all for seeing what our current boys have and I also hate Cutlers fucking face, I cant stand him. We do have plenty of talent on this defense but no real depth so getting rid of one player at a certain position means, we got shit at that position afterwords. As I like to say whatever happens happens, I really don't have a solid decision as to what I feel would be better. I still hate Cutler though that wont change.

10. Sinq15

Sinq15 New Member

Does anyone think it is reasonable to throw Leonard at them (they were looking to sign him if I'm not mistaken)

Something like 2009 1st, 2009 3rd, conditional 2010 pick (range: 2nd-4th) & Leonard.

This way we keep Rhodes, Revis, Harris.

Is this enough? too much? reasonable?

11. Don

Again, the cap hit to trade Revis would be 8 mil, 15 mil to trade Rhodes..get over the anxiety it isn't going to happen. But if you are leasing a house to Harris or Washington you might want to start looking for a new tenant.

#111 Don, Apr 2, 2009
  12. JetsYankeesThrylos

There's no anxiety, I doubt Revis will go anywhere, but Rhodes or Harris wouldn't completely unlikely. I just don't know where to stand with the whole situation of getting Cutler, I really cant stand even looking at that douchebag.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Cutler is an All-Pro now?

14. Don

Rhodes is the most unlikely of any of them. The hit would be 15 million. The Jets don't even have 15 million. They could never afford the hit and Cutler even if Cutler played for free.

15. JetsYankeesThrylos

Well we pretty much nabbed Leonard to help Rhodes be a playmaker, sooo you might as well just give them Rhodes if you want to get rid of Leonard, we will back with the same Elam and Smith bullshit. I said we have good players on D but depth is a bit of an issue, we really cant afford to get rid of our starters with no one proven or just not good enough to replace them with.

16. JetsYankeesThrylos

Well then I guess they'd probably throw Harris their way, and then we have no one to fill his spot.

17. Don

That is the most likely thing that would happen and we would have to draft one or try and get one that is cut this summer. Assuming they insist on a player to begin with. An article I read earlier today says they haven't asked for any players from anybody yet.

18. JetsYankeesThrylos

so their just going to be taking offers right now or what?

19. Don

Yeah, they are letting the market "develop". My guess is they will let this play out as long as they can hoping to get a bidding war going.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

David Harris played very good 2 years ago for 8-10 games. Last year he was hurt and showed nothing. What's the matter with jet fans like you that put somebody on a level they are not. I would trade Harris in a minute for cutler