What Team Do You Want The Jets To Open Against?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Mar 26, 2019.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

2. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Wagner College. Let's see how good this team really is.

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I wanted to, but I live in Maryland and couldn't participate :oops:

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Hasn't it been decided already that they're the opening Sunday night game in Foxborough or is that just a widespread prediction.

Checked it out - they do have their home opener on Sunday night. No opponent announced yet but it will be their ring ceremony. Jets should go in there and take advantage of the early season snags and screw it up for them.

#64 Ralebird, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't get this. If the Jets are going to be a second half of the season team, why would it be advantageous for them to start with the toughest part of the schedule? That could have them at 1-7 or 2-6 by the midpoint of the season. How are they going to get the kinks out against the better teams? IMO it would be better to start with the weakest part of the schedule, or at least mixed. Give the team a chance to gel, to have some success, get some victories, build their confidence and then face the tougher teams when they're at their best. That would give the Jets a truer test of where they are in their development and the chance for the best season, and to maybe be in playoff contention.

Similarly, I don't understand posters wanting to face the Pats the first game, especially in NE. Why? Why start off the new era with new uniforms with a loss? I see no way the Jets would win that game. What do you see the Jets possibly gaining by playing the Pats in the first game and losing?

#65 NCJetsfan, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Brook!, CBG and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The last I read the NFL was mulling having the Giants play at Foxboro opening night. That would put the Jets at home opening day.

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The draft is April 25th and I think the schedule usually comes out about a week before the draft.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

NFL serving up a softball for New England?

9. mrjet80

Yep nothing has changed ....

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I prefer Friyay games..

abyzmul likes this.
  11. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Gimme Dallas and I'll be there

12. mrjet80

I’m gonna guess it’ll be an AFC team. Usually on opening day the majority of AFC teams play the early game on CBS because of the US Open . And I think the Jets will be home because if the Giants open in Foxboro there’s no way the NFL is gonna have Met Life empty opening weekend.

#72 mrjet80, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Giants.

They're gonna be awful this upcoming season so good chance the Jets win the game and scheduling the game for late in the season would take a lot of the buzz out of the game.

A Giants-Jets regular season opener would be pretty exciting I think and unique I doubt it's ever happened before.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  14. mrjet80

It hasn’t .

I will say the game will be a 1:00 start whenever it is. All prior 13 Jets-Giants games were....

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this post.

Brook! likes this.
  16. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'd love to face N.E week one. If we lose at least we'll be battle tested early on. If we win, hey, we just upset N.E and could gain a lot of confidence and momentum moving forward. N.E without Gronk? I love it.

Ralebird likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

We really won't be battle tested. It will be too early. We'll have one, maybe two new starters on the OL and if Shell isn't healthy, that'll be 3 new starters on the OL. The D will be playing with a new philosophy, coverages and plays, and the offense could be fairly different. About the only things we may learn is if Sam is going to take a quantum leap forward and how much fight the team has. If Harrison is starting at C, Sam may not even make it through the first quarter.

18. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Last year Harrison was starting center the last 4 games & Sam led the league in QB rating over the last 4 games. Not saying that we don't need an upgrade, but Harrison isn't a total loss at the possition.

19. NCJetsfan

No, he isn't a total loss, but starting the last 4 games of a season when some, perhaps a lot of players are out with injuries, others are just counting the days until the end of the season, and players are tired and he is fresh, is one thing. Starting day one and playing an entire NFL season is another. I don't want to trust Sam's health and future to Harrison, and imo no Jets fan should want to either.

20. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I think playing New England early in the season at home would be beneficial. New England the last couple of seasons has started out slower and finished very strong.

Would rather be done with NE by week 8-10 rather than play them in November and December when they are at their best.

Not sure why anyone wouldn’t want to play them earlier rather than later.

Chappy13 and jets_fan like this.