What should be done with the awards?

Discussion in 'TheGangGreen.com Poster Awards' started by twinjetfan, Feb 25, 2007.

?

What should be done with the awards?

1. Awards should stay the same, there are just a few problems that come up from time to time

49.1%
  2. Get rid of the whole awards thing

13.2%
  3. Completely redo the setup of the awards

26.4%
  4. Have a new poster, preferibly a mod or admin to run the awards

7.5%
  5. Other

3.8%
  1. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

It has been a few weeks since this year's awards ended, and it seems things have cooled down a bit. Now I think it is time to rethink about the awards. There were problems with this years, so I'm wondering if I should change them. I'll let you guys decide that.

Mods, if you want to move this to the awards section, feel free.

2. GreenMachine

The awards are fine. Each year we refine them. I will leave it here unless another mod feels it should go in BS.

3. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

I'd like to see an entirely redone setup.

4. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I moved it with a permanent redirect. Figured the hardcore awards people would have the most say and influence, as they should.

5. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I think that they were pretty good this year, but there are a few minor adjustments to be made

6. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

The awards have hit an all time low.

7. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

I voted to redo it, by which I mean add primaries.

8. Hazardous Waters

I would vote for the new poster option, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, in hopes that you'll do a better job next year. There were some awards missing that should be in there, such as overrated and underrated. They'd make the voting more interesting.

To follow up on that first statement, I thought it was rather inconsistent of you to say that no banned posters may even be nominated, when we witnessed Glenn Foley being in not just one, but two polls. I'll chalk it up to laziness and just a general apathetic attitude toward the awards in the end.

9. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Thanks for your input everyone, please continue to share.

PS. Not to sound pushy, but I'd like it if everyone shared there opinions on this because I don't know what people are thinking if they vote for a certain choice such as other.

10. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Bump, I still would like more explanations and suggestions because if we do end up redoing the whole awards, I would like to somewhat know what we are doing. I am leaning towards making some changes to the awards, maybe to the voting like having primaries.

Also, I'm thinking about reducing the time you guys have to vote. I'm thinking about just have 1 week for nominations, and 1 week for voting because the majority of the nominations/votes get done in the first few days.

#10 twinjetfan, Mar 2, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  11. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Hey twin, Keep in mind what I mentioned to you through AIM. Those are some things to consider.

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I don't really have any problem with the awards the way they were this year, but I have to disclaim that this was the first one I participated in, so I don't a reference to compare to.

I think LTS has a good point though. Primaries would be a good idea. Doing something maybe akin to the BS Bowl, where you have a bunch of people nominated by the board-at-large, or by the mods (though that might lead to animosity towards the mods.) Then that group gets bracketed. Say 6-8 people total get nominated. Then over the course of a couple weeks, you have "qualifier" matches. Let it come down to 2 people, then let the board have a week or two to decide between the 2 finalists.

Just a suggestion, and if nothing changes, or everything gets revamped, I'm not concerned. Like the BS Bowl, it should all be done in the spirit of good clean fun.

13. Canadian

Canadian New Member

I haven't been here long but the primaries sounds like a great idea