What QB's will be in the 2014 NFL draft??

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AJW, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If this Glennon kid from NC State is available at low round (I don't know how low he will go - I am expecting 2nd but I am hoping 3rd or 4th.) do the Jets take him?

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I've not yet had a chance to watch Bridgewater (I've only caught Manziel from the list of potentials).

If he declares early, what are the chances he is red-flagged by the Jets for being too (Sanchez-like) inexperienced?

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I don't think he's even 6-1 (I thought I heard 6-0)....... He's a GREAT talent and alot of fun to watch at the College level, but I don't think it's going to translate to the pros.

He may be a great athlete, but I think he's too small to keep up that running/scrambling style and the ability to just "wing it" in the pros.

Yes, Brees is short, but alot thicker than Maziel. Granted he's young and may put on some weight, but I don't know about you guys, I haven't gotten any taller since I was 18.

Now I don't see much NCAA football (unless it's a night game), as I work on saturdays, but what I saw of Teddy Bridgewater in the bowl game vs UF was very impressive. Florida had a very good defense this year (it's how they won their games) and he picked them apart by using his mobility to buy time in/around the pocket for his receivers to get open. He's obviously pretty tough as he was playing through injuries, and mentally tough dealing with family circumstances. If he fills out some, I think he may become a good NFL QB.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I see some of Eli Manning's game in Teddy Bridgewater - extending plays, staying in the pocket. Teddy could definitely run outside the pocket, but he prefers to stay in the pocket to make plays. That's a strong trait in the next level. I love the kid's character on and off the field. I like Manziel too, but I need to see improvement passing the football. Hopefully Manziel grows an inch or 3

5. NFL

NFL Active Member

You guys got me excited for next year. From what I'm reading on here I think that the Jets would be better with Bridgewater. From what you guys are saying about him being so accurate, and extends plays in the pocket, and has speed to take it out if necessary, I can't help but think about Aaron Rodgers, very similar traits to Aaron from what I'm seeing. I would really like for the Jets to be able to pick up a QB next year, preferably Teddy.

Do ya think that we'll have a good enough pick next year to get him? I was skeptical about the Jets having a bad year, but if it means finally getting our franchise QB, then I'm all for it.

6. Bridgewater has pocket presence, quick release, accuracy & knows how to dissect a defense. Alot can happen w/ his stock between now & his draft day...but you have to like what he brings to the table

7. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Glennon will be in this draft and they're discussing the 2014 draft. Glennon has a strong arm and can make any throw but his accuracy is often suspect. He did suffer from a lot of drops though. He needs to be developed in San Fran or Green Bay to be elite imo.

8. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

He also threw more INTs than anyone in college football and only completed 58% of his passes. He's a future backup in the NFL and will get overdrafted IMO.

9. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

He is the #1 qb on Kipers list. I see him going in the mid-rounds though. I personally don't want him and I am an NC State fan. Too inconsistent and doesn't perform well against better teams. Look at his stats from the last season.

He will because of his arm strength and height which is unfortunate. When his pocket collapses he's done because he is slower than slow. His arm is sky rocketing his stock though. That 58% was also in the ACC which isn't really a dominant conference.

10. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I think he's Brandon Weeden's son, actually.

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Teddy Bridgewater (ideal choice for the Jets)
    Johnny Manziel (also a good choice)
    Aaron Murray
    A.J. McCarron
    Logan Thomas
    Tajh Boyd (gonna be a top pick, especially if he has another year like he did this year.)

12. ekaarons

ekaarons Member

jets will take manziel

this season looks like a downer for the jets.so if the jets are 123.the chances are that they will take manziel.he is a winner.

13. major33

major33 Well-Known Member