What ONE momen/move/play personifies the Herm/Bradway era in your opinion.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

There was so many things he did wrong I can't even give you one

2. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this last years home game against the Pats. That was flat out embarassing when Vrabel (yes the Pats linebacker) caught his second touchdown pass in the endzone ON THE SAME PLAY AS THE FIRST. That was just flat out horrible.

3. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

when herm first arrived he always made up a few of his own words, kind of like Tyson when he got out of prison and wanted to come across as smart. They were times that his press confrences were more entertaining then his coaching.

4. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

The best: YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME and the subsequent thrashing of the Chargers.

The worst: Signing Testaverde last year.

#84 CaneJet, Aug 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2005
  5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Two yards is two yards.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That was my thought too.

Anyway, for me it would be the Pittsburgh playoff loss, but the Ravens loss in '04 and the disgraceful game plan against them in '05 are right there too.

And yes, Brien could have made the kick, but that wasn't the point, and never was. The problem was that when the opportunity was there to grab the game by the throat, Herm chickened out and went ultraconservative. The fact that they were playing against an apparently superior team only made that decision worse (since you don't expect to keep getting chances against a team better than you), as did the fact that the previous week's opponent made the same mistake and lost the game as a result. That is what it unforgivable in my mind. And if you look at the examples given in this thread, that theme keeps reappearing - the inability to recognize where there is the opportunity to be daring (so many examples), and when the proper time to be conservative is (no, Lamont, don't throw that halfback pass).

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I love Curtis but his fumble ratio goes way up in big games(the big fumble at Den in the title game, the fumble in week 17 at Oak in '01 and at Oak in the '02 playoffs).

The problem there is you are assuming we coul have moved it forward, our O was dominated all game long.

8. section134

section134 Active Member

Jets title in 2002

Being in the stadium was the most electrifying home game since the oakland playoff in 1968

cleveland won ---pats were behind and tied at end of game -then winning in OT as jet game was about 5 minutes old vs GB

Pats won as fans went wild ---and Herman's Jets went on to demolish the PACKERS

WHAT A DAY----WHAT A GAME

3 playoff years in 5 seasons ---the two years we were out of it was because CHAD was injured

last year both chad and our backup were lost for the season in the 3rd game
    No team could win in that situation