What Kind of Fans do we Have)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

I actually agree with this. Every Jet fan should own at least one generic shirt that simply says "Jets" on it for those in-between stages where the player whose jersey they own is no longer on the team.

Whenever I see a jets fan wear a jersey of a player no longer on the team, I cringe. It's like wearing sandals in an expensive restuarant, or walking around the supermarket barefoot with no shirt on, it's sad.

#41 Lunatic, Apr 30, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

i wouldn't wear a Moss jersey, or even Abe for that matter; but i don't think it applies to every player all the time.

if you're a die-hard 49ers fan, do you know longer where a Montana jersey because he played with the Chiefs after San Fran?

cheers

3. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

whenever i see a fan with a jersey of a guy who is no longer on the jets i think of the 75% off rack at modells

4. M00CHNESS

M00CHNESS Member

Fuck buying jerseys

Ok check this idea out. For an extra 20 bucks (at least it was when I got my jersey) you can get a custom name and number stitched into the jersey. For that i got of course every guys favorite number "69" (next to the default "00") and my nickname sewn in the back. I know for a fact Im not switching teams ever, so why not let the money strecth for years and years to come. Worst comes to worst if I ever get a game room I can just hang it on a wall if I dont want to wear it no more.

5. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

or you can get #32 BOOZER being a Jet fan i will always be a BOOZER

6. M00CHNESS

M00CHNESS Member

Ah Ha touche'. Too bad a Jet wasnt ever name "Whiner" for half of these so called fans.

7. sash1

sash1 New Member

I still wear my Snell,Jones, Lewis,Easiason, Chrebet, Walker, Gastineau,Murrell,Lucas, Tupa, Foley, Testaverde ---all guys who are out of the league. I don't wear my Moss or Abraham

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If he was active yes since he is retired so what since he & the Niners are linked 4ever

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You did not disappoint me you did exactly what I figured you would say.

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

champ is that exact fan that youre takling about :breakdance:

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

guys,bottom line...anyone over the age of 18 who actually still wears jerseys is a little goofy....i know im gonna killed here,but i say this in good fun,but its also true.....i especially picture this champ character whose like 65 years old or something wearing a jet jersey down to his knees....looks ridiculous guys

12. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I don't agree with Champ. You can be the most hardcore Jet fan but not have the money to upgrade your jersey. Imagine if a certain player is a WR fan. We had Key for a few years, then Coles comes and goes, followed by moss who comes and goes for Coles to come back. Do you really need to spend 300 bucks over x years for a Jersey. As long as it says Jets, who really cares? With that said, I'm looking for a new jersey(I've got a Pennington one)

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Hey Champ: How about watching every game before you criticize other fans for what they wear?

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, it's pretty ironic that he would watch the draft and not the actual FOOTBALL GAMES.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I still wear my Jets Keyshawn jersey to the games, so what? He didn't want to leave, the dumbasses traded him and we've sucked in the red zone ever since.

How do you know the guy in the 83 Moss jersey wasn't pulling for the Jets to draft Sinorce Moss, who also wears #83? Huh? Huh? You don't.

I do give champ69 credit for finding something to gripe about in May, however.

16. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Fans that find stuff this stupid to complain about.

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I still have my Moss jersey. A replica of a replica with iron on decals, why trash a perfectly useless piece of trash, I always say. You think that's bad, what about the avatar our fine Moderator Mister Miss was sporting for ages. Cause for disMISSal, if you ask me. That's OK, he got a clue after a quarter century elapsed. Hehehe.

EDIT: Personally, I never did "get" the whole jersey thing. Just sport your colors and if the guy isn't here anymore, what can you do. It's the spirit of wearing the JETS part that matters. Although I do have a relative that has a signed authentic Namath jersey. It's so holy, it glows in the dark. Now, if I had a Matt Snell jersey I could be swayed...

EDIT Part II:
    Ha, when my dear friend Vinnie (as rabid a fan as they come) got a Mawae jersey from his wife the first year KM was with us, he was so touched he almost wept. "You got me the cool guy. Thanks, honey. Sniffle." I shrieked out loud. What a sap! :lol:

#57 jetophile, May 2, 2006
    Last edited: May 2, 2006
  18. section134

section134 Active Member

I have a kevin Mawae shirt----the day before he was cut it was $75---the day after he was cut it was $20----he has been an ALL-PRO Center for about 6 years for us--I dont forget that ---And he should go into the HOF as a JET

He wanted to stay ---management wanted to go younger

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

ROFL

GOTTA GO TO MO'S!!!!!!!!!!!:breakdance:

20. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

I did buy my BAD MOO 00 Jersey for the same reason - I'll never leave the team. However, I have no reason not to wear some of the old Jerseys I have . Sure I burned my Meshawn jersey after I bought the BAD MOO one, but I still have my Chrbet and O'Donnel Jerseys. The older ones are threadbare and unwearbale