What is Your Final Vote on Rex Ryan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 18, 2013.

?

What Would You Do With Rex Ryan?

1. Keep Him

77.7%
  2. Fire Him

22.3%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Excellent post, but I fear that you're just wasting your time and energy. Some people don't want to be bothered with facts as they are annoying and cause them problems in holding onto their delusions.

What many of RR's supporters conveniently forget is that in 2009 if it weren't for the Colts resting all their starters when they played the Jets,the Jets would have only finished 8-8 and not even made the playoffs. That would give Rex one winning season out of five sans improvement, and that's not good enough to stay employed as a HC. The same fans aren't willing to wait and undergo a multi-year rebuild, but they're willing to give an incompetent HC over half a decade to try to figure things out because they love his personality.

It's unbelievable and sad how they have bought into Rex's BS lock, stock and barrell. I'll bet if he tried to sell them a bridge or piece of swamp land, they'd fight over the opportunity to buy it from him.

#121 NCJetsfan, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yeah, we should fire him. Hopefully we can get an up and coming dynamic HC like a Bruce Coslet, Joe Walton or even a Rich Kotite!

You do know when Indy rested their starters they led by only 5 midway through the 3rd qtr, right? it was possible to win, right? You know we trailed by 4 at SD in the playoffs mid-late 3rd and they played that one out and shockingly we won but if they rested guys midway through the 3rd we would have heard how we only won b/c of that.

besides all that Indy rested guys, you know Houston rested guys for a win and in game for us in 1993. Know what happened? 24-0 loss, you know Buffalo faced pitt backups needing a win to get in in 2004 at HOME- know what happened? they LOST. you still need to win.

I love fake Jet fans that try to take credit away from Rex but that's what happened when a suspicious poster joins in the middle of losing in December.

3. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

So you are saying we would have won that game with Peyton staying in the game instead of Curtis Painter? did you watch the AFC title game that year? How did that work out when Peyton played the whole game? Ya, thats what I thought.

4. nyjunc

I am saying we don't know what would have happened.

The title game didn't have anything to do w/ that game, the sense of urgency is very different. That's like saying in 2010 we had no chance against NE b/c we lost 45-3 in December, right?

5. Mitch_Dumstein

Have to agree

Obviously a troll who is not now or never has been a Jet fan.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Bullshit.

People keep making absolute statements like "Rex is a top 10 coach" or "Put coach X" on the Jets and they don't win N games. You guys state this shit as if it's fact. It's complete bullshit.

I think it's a likely scenario that the Jets offense would have been better and the defense would have been just as good, if not better, with Wade Phillips as it was with Rex.

#126 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 19, 2013
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That scenario is not likely. Wade Phillips never got his defense to play big in big games. Going back to Dallas.

Wade Phillips did SUCH an excellent job coaching the defense when they played the Patriots last season when they were relevant? Tom Brady butt-raped the Texans twice last year.

Have you seen Gary Kubiak coach an offense without a player in the top 100 offensively? This season he had Andre Johnson, Foster, Hopkins, Tate and the Jets STILL have a better record then them. What does that tell you about Kubiak? The players flat out gave up on Kubiak. The penalties, the effort was non-existent after Schaub got benched.

Your hatred for Rex Ryan has clearly blinded you - there aren't that many coaches out there that has done more with less then Rex Ryan.

Kubiak with all that talent all those years, all those 8-8 seasons - he underachieved the minute he was hired as a HC.

8. 101GangGreen101

Jets need a GM that has a plan in place, and won't let Rex Ryan run the show. Let Rex coach the team that is where his responsibility ends.

9. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

You don't think Rex's defensive schemes have anything to do with how good our defense has been over the past 5 years?

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What are you talking about? Rex's schemes clearly gave us a huge boost when he arrived. Since then our defense has become progressively worse. Go pop in some 2009 Jets tapes and compare the defense to this year.

Newsflash: The Jets defense in 2013 is not good anymore.

11. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

2009 (we led the league in rushing) Thomas Jones was 3rd in league for rushing yards and 2nd for most rushing attempts

2010 (we were 4th in total rushing) LT (4.4 ypc) and Green (4.1 ypc) combined for almost 2000 yards rushing and over 400 rushhing attempts.

I dont know how to respond to your point about those games because you didnt say what season or
    which game your talking about for the division opponents but i stick to my point that there were very
    few games the passing game pulled us out of a hole that was not created by the passing game.
    I swear sometimes when i read your posts it feels like you just say random lies
    in hopes no one will actually fact check you and call you out on them.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You are getting hung up on the Kubiak/Phillips specific example and missing LTJF's actual point. Statements like so-and-so wouldn't do any better than Rex with this roster are ridiculous statements that aren't true at all.

An offensive mind would have this offense playing better.. that's for sure. Especially 5 years on the job.
    As for the defense? right now they stop the run nicely. But they have 3 1st round draft picks on that line. Of course they look good. They'd probably be stuffing the run with any defensive coordinator. Outside of the front seven in which they put a lot of investment in- they aren't stopping anything on this defense.

So what is Rex bringing that other coaches wouldn't be right now?

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't hate Rex, I just think it's time to move on from him.

Thank God we had Rex to save us from the Pats last year when they averaged 39 points per game against us. Clearly much better than Wade Phillips. :rolleyes:

I'm convinced people who want to keep Rex are stuck in 2009 and not really seeing how the team,especially the defense, is playing now.

#133 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 19, 2013
  14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we arent a top franchise because we have had horrid to average qb play for years.

rex needs to go abck t being a d co-ordinator. if he takes that role, ill keep him.

i cant have a head coach who doesnt put an emphasis on protecting the football. see ya

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

:rofl: Whatever, dude. You are the biggest homer, least knowledgeable, and most clueless excuse for a fan I've ever seen in around 15 years of posting on Jets fan boards. You seem to have a ready supply of statistics at hand, but have no clue what they mean or how to interpret them. I can tell by your posts that you're an older fan and not a 20-something year-old fan. It's sad that in all those years of watching football and the Jets that you've learned so little.

Yeah, I'm not a real fan. Right.

16. nyjunc

:rofl::rofl: Wade Phillips:rofl:

17. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

The top 10 thing was obviously my opinion. I just think if you look around the league and you look at the success Rex has had here compared to the level of talent he's had, he's done a really good job.

And no, I don't think Rex has much at all to do with how Sanchez and Geno have looked. I think you can say Tannenbaum and Idzik do have a lot to do with that by not putting any talent around them. Look at the team this year. The Jets don't have a top 25 player at QB, RB, WR, or TE. When Thomas Jones was leading the league in rushing, and Braylon, Santonio, and Cotchery were giving defenses all kinds of trouble, it was a different situation.

Kubiak has the benefit of one of the most talented rosters in the league. Arian Foster is a top 5 running back, and Ben Tate is probably in the top 20 as well. Andre Johnson is a top 5 wide receiver. Owen Daniels is a really solid TE. Not to mention they have a ton of talent on defense, including the reigning DPOY. The problem with Kubiak is he's struggled to get over the hump despite having all that talent. Rex has been the opposite—he's won despite not having much at all. The guy won 4 road playoff games in 5 years, Kubiak only won 2 playoff games in 8.

18. nyjunc

:rofl: good one. Now let's find out who you really are. I wonder which one of my fans created this profile?

19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Maybe our defense has been regressing, and our offense is most definitely terrible.

One thing I will say, however, is that Rex has not lost the locker room despite a worse record than the 2011 season.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/18/jets-players-squarely-in-rexs-corner/

Obviously he is a player's coach and perhaps players shouldn't have any say whatsoever, but the team definitely is fighting to keep Rex's job. I think that will show in the next 2 weeks.

20. 101GangGreen101

I believe this statement is very much true. Look at the talent the Texans have, they are underachieving due to their Head Coach and coaching staff. Rex would have done much better with that roster and it is proven if you compare the two teams. Rex with a talented roster has proven to bring success.

We need to start hitting on picks on offense, and last time I checked - that is not the HC's responsibility that is the scouting department and the GM.

We have one of the best offensive minds in the league in Marty Morningweg. The issue is that we do not have any talent on offense, we drafted the wrong players on offense when we did select them. Project players in Vlad and Stephen Hill were drafted in the 2nd round over proven players that produced in college.

The Buffalo Bills have one of the most talented defensive lines in the league and they weren't able to stop the run for YEARS. We ran for over 141 yards with Powell against Kyle Williams, Dareus and Mario Williams (2 of them being first round picks btw HIGH picks). That argument is bullshit.