What is Your Final Vote on Rex Ryan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 18, 2013.

?

What Would You Do With Rex Ryan?

1. Keep Him

77.7%
  2. Fire Him

22.3%
  1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

He's a good guy. Loved him since he got here but he has to go. Take a year off and start somewhere else.

Right now he's high on everyone's mind because he continues to fight for his players on the field but I'm tired of the overall inconsistencies and the team playing flat in the majority of their big games. Also his tunnel vision and love for only defense.
    Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

#542 mute, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how many coaches that have been on the hot seat have been given only a one year extension just to avoid the perception that they aren't a "lame duck coach," when the reality is that the one year extension doesn't change that perception? is that a common practice?

if not, the one year extension isn't any more standard procedure than coaching out the final year, and so isn't likely what will occur either.

that is more my point.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Happens all the time. Almost routine.

Just happened with Coughlin on his last contract.

_

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Actually, I think there are two ways of looking at it. On one hand, no, it isn't. Wilkerson should be a Pro Bowler as probably should Richardson. OTOH, one could say that perhaps the Jets had no Pro Bowlers because their HC/DC didn't put them into position to succeed enough to become a Pro Bowler.

5. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for that Madden ratings post a few years ago this would be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's no small thing. Woody has already demonstrated that he either won't or is very reluctant to pay for multiple years on former coaches' contracts. What happens if they extend him for 2 years, the Jets go 7-9 next year and Woody refuses to approve Rex being fired because he still owes him for 2 more years? You'd probably see Idzik quit, the Jets would be a circus and starting all over again.

IMO Rex should go, but if he stays, he should either play out his current contract or at most get a one year extension.

7. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Jets, Jets

Ryan is under contract. If he does a good job next year he will get a new one. What is the big deal?

8. Mitch_Dumstein

I guess it may be the multiyear extension he may be getting. The NY Post is confirming todays espn report and saying it may be annouced tomorrow

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No, you have read dumber things on here. You are just you. It did come off wrong as I re-read it though. Happy New Year!