What is the biggest bandwagon franchise in the NFL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 20, 2011.

?

Biggest Bandwagon team

1. Cowboys

107 vote(s)
    34.7%
  2. Packers

5 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. Steelers

37 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Patriots

149 vote(s)
    48.4%
  5. Other

10 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Fuck it.

Woody needs the $$$$$.

Buy that Gang Green Gear Bitches!

2. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Or the Spurs...

3. Josh86m

Josh86m Member

Steelers by a mile!

4. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Other - all these new Jets fans we'll get when we bring the VLT home. :)

In reality though, Pittsburgh or New England.

5. GreenMachine

Did you know you are a prototypical bandwagon fan?

6. dbrodzinski

dbrodzinski Member

Jesus christ guys, it's not THAT bad being a Browns fan.

You make it sound like some kind of deadly mix of cancer and AIDs.

7. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

LMAOOOOO!!! That YankeeSteel dude is the typical example of a bandwagoner. Isn't it amazing how these people don't realize what they say makes them look foolish?

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

A guy on this message board converted from a Jets fan to a Browns fan in 2007. That guy must feel like a total asshole now.

9. Elijah

Elijah New Member

Cowboys. Their gear is worn for fucking fashion, just like flat-brimmed Yankees hats.

10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

It's easily the Cowgirls. Come on now.

11. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

I voted for the Steelers...seems the fans I talk to carry the Steelers' tradition of toughness as if it defines them...meanwhile, as Jay Z says, "they couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight"...

12. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Any team that's winning is going to have the most bandwagoners.. from what I've seen it's the Pats, then maybe the Steelers. The Cowboys I'm sure had a bunch in the 90's but not anymore - and their fanbase in Dallas is pretty solid even when they're losing.

Yeah, no way around it. I think the SOJ reputation and the fact that the media has treated us like red-headed step-children has helped hold them off, but they're definitely coming.

13. ggfan

ggfan New Member

IMO The fan bases of NFL teams are nearly identical.....

14. Reesta

Reesta New Member

I think that you need a little history lesson about Steeler's fans...

Before the 70's the Steeler's, the franchise was abysmal on the field. A few good drafts, a new coach, and a QB later and they were on to make history as a dynasty. The local fans were excited with the newly found success. Many new satellite fans latched onto the Steeler Nation as the new fans were exposed to the Steelers as they found their way on to the national spotlight. People like the style and blue collar mentality of the Steelers. Is that a bandwagon fan? or people just choosing to cheer for a team that embodies what they like in a team?

The early 1980's the economy turned to shit and and many, many locals left Pittsburgh for greener cities. This is the main reason why the are Steeler's fans everywhere. I am a product of this. I spent two of the thirty-one years of my life in Pittsburgh, with the majority here in Atlanta. Am I a Bandwagon Fan?

I watch the Steeler's play at a backers bar here in Atlanta. I would agree with you that when they are winning, the bar is packed. When there is a down turn, the bar is less than full. Have you ever thought that people don't want to watch a bad product in public? I tend to watch at home or online when the team is less than par. Id rather be miserable alone in my basement bar. Once again, am I bandwagon?

If you sit back and look at the Jets over the past few years, you have your new coach, QB and gaining success... With the economy in shambles and people leaving the cold, tax heavy north, will the Jets fan base be spreading? Watch out, you might have the next great Bandwagon team... if you are lucky.

Is it Bandwagon to cheer for a team and then stay loyal?

Best luck on Sunday during the game.
    GO STEELERS.

15. Brick

Brick Member

I understand your reasoning. I live in Pittsburgh. I see virtuous things about Steeler fans and other stuff that makes me want to puke.

The real question comes down to this:

Do you love a sport or just winning teams?

If you ignore your team when they're losing, you like the latter. The half of the bar that didn't show up last year in Atlanta were bandwagoners. 9-7 is not a terrible season and if you're a real fan, you would've known that there were key injuries to last year's Steeler teams that led to that result. A real fan would've been proud of last year's Steeler team and not come out of the woodwork for this year. What you're telling me is that half of Steeler Nation are bandwagoners who ran from a winning season. That's pretty high in my opinion. Just imagine how many would run from a 3 or 4 win season. Would I love to see that test of loyalty for Steeler Nation - it would be something to behold.

Is there gray area? Absolutely. A winning team energizes the fan base for both loyal fans and creates new bandwagon fans.

I love football. I love basketball. I like baseball and I watch hockey every once in a while. I watched the Ravens/Steelers game and loved the physicality of the game.

The fact that most "sports bars" in Pittsburgh don't even have Sunday Ticket tells me that the city is not a football town. It is a winning team town. Without a winner, there's no bandwagon.

Threadwin, despite what the poll result says.

Pittsburgh delenda est.

#155 Brick, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  16. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

The Pats, at least the Cowboys had some history prior to the past decade. Cant say that about the Pats

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots in that order

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

After we win it all we may be on that list once people figure out how cool Rex Ryan is.

19. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Really? I've got pictures of me rocking a Jets jersey at 3 years old. This was the team I was raised to follow, and have my entire life. If you've got a problem with it, you know where you can shove it.

I hope you wake up one morning to find you've been accidentally raising Dolphins fans. That's the difference in having a dad from NY and growing up where there isn't a hometown franchise as opposed to one living in Florida where the waters poisoned by jaguar, phin, and pirate shit.

#159 RevisOfNazareth, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  20. Reesta

Reesta New Member

You have a unique perspective on this and I agree with some of your retort.

Passion for sport is what should drive a "fanatic", not achievement.

As far as the Bars and Sunday Ticket, KDKA's local feed it all that is needed in Pittsburgh to watch a game.

Best of luck on Sunday.