What is the biggest bandwagon franchise in the NFL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 20, 2011.

?

Biggest Bandwagon team

1. Cowboys

107 vote(s)
    34.7%
  2. Packers

5 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. Steelers

37 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Patriots

149 vote(s)
    48.4%
  5. Other

10 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any debate after reading his posts.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

As much as a lot of you want it to be New England, it's not.

98% of Dallas' fan base is made up of band-wagoners. (That 98% includes TGG poster Jets n Boys)

3. Bumm

Bumm New Member

Steelers fan here, also a Pirates fan so no bandwagon here. Still get the baseball package during baseball season even though last place is the norm. Was a Pitt fan as a kid since the early 70's before the Steelers first championship, picked it up from my Dad and my uncle, who picked it up from an uncle of theirs who was from Pittsburgh or something. Saw my first Steelers game at Shea against the Jets in 1978. Suffered through the Mark Malone, Bubby Brister and Kordell Years. Live in Western Jersey, never felt an obligation to the NY football teams that jumped the river years later.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

Oh look a real fan. How do you feel about the bandwagon guy?

5. Brick

Brick Member

I haven't not been antagonized by Cowboy fans as much as Steeler fans (particularly last season). I don't think there are as many Boys fans as Steeler fans these days because the Cowboys have not been to the Super Bowl in a 15 years.

But, in my opinion, the pervasiveness of Steeler/Cowboy fans throughout the country make this a two horse race. With all of the Steeler bars across the country, their fans treat an out of town bar as a social club more than a place to watch football. When the social club starts to suck (when the Steelers aren't dominant) - they leave.

I can't say that I've personally seen mass organization and dispersion of Cowboys fans across the country like that. 15 years ago - I might say it was the Cowboys, but, now, it's a different story.

Pittsburgh delenda est.

#125 Brick, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  6. WhiteShoeWillis

UGH - a group of people just walked by the hallway by my office and I overheard a guy saying "I like the Patriots, the Patriots and the Jets."

faggot.

The Jets bandwagon fans are coming. And they have no shame to jump right off the Pats bandwagon and onto ours. Fuckers.

7. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Ha, same here, when he was in NY.
    Possibly the worst QB I ever saw in a Jets uni.

8. Brick

Brick Member

Being a Pirates fan is practically a "Get Out of Jail Free Card" here and forgive me for the doubting your claim. If it's true, I commend you for spending the $6 to go see a game at PNC Park. Most Pittsburghers won't even do that.

Let me just ask and see how objective you are - Honestly and rationally, do you think that the "suffering" that you went through compares to 80%+ of teams in the NFL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_franchise_post-season_droughts

The Steelers two traditional rivals have gone 20+ years without going to an AFC Championship game. Then there's the Lions...

I don't hate success. I hate the lack of empathy shown by Steelers fans, even to unsuccessful teams that aren't rivals. "Don't hate... emulate", right? Does that work for the Pirates fans who hate the big market teams? Ha.

Pittsburgh delenda est.

9. YankeeSteel

YankeeSteel Banned

The reason people latch onto the Yankees and Steelers is for two reasons. The Italian connection that both teams have with their fanbases, and of course the players on team. Also because of the Central NY and PA connections as well whereas you would receive the YES Network, and FSN Pittsburgh. So if you can't watch say a Pirates game or a Phillies game. You can catch either team playing during that time of year and you just roll with it. Bandwagon fans = Cowboys fans. NOT Steelers fans we are passionate, and will fight you till the end defending our team.

10. YankeeSteel

YankeeSteel Banned

Cowboys second favorite team? HAHAHA no. Hate the Cowboys, and never even cared about West Coast baseball. So tell me which Mets player is going to have a mental breakdown this year like they always do??? Hmmm. MY ENTIRE TEAM SUCKS!!!!!

11. WhiteShoeWillis

Dude, just admit you're a bandwagon fan and give it up. You were completely called out and now you're trying to come up with excuses. The Rooney family is Irish, not Italian. What is this Italian connection you're talking about?

12. YankeeSteel

YankeeSteel Banned

The players on the teams you uninformed fuckbag. Think about it Joe DiMaggio and Franco Harris. Both had a respective Italian American fanbase across the country. Called out for being bandwagon? Really how many of you stupid fucking Jets fans became fans oh what this year? Did you watch Hard Knocks after your Browns lost last year lol.

13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Interesting, listening to the Steeler fans remind us about all of the team's success over the decades, how much 'thin' has there really been?

Well, kudos to those diehards that stuck by the team during all of those lean years...

14. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

bwa haaa haaa!! how did they ever get through it?

15. WhiteShoeWillis

Uniformed fuckbag? Relax on the personal attacks.

Why wouldn't you bring up this "Italian Connection" when we first asked you how you became a Steelers fan? Oh I know because it had nothing to do with it and you're trying to save face now.

16. LukasHenry

LukasHenry Banned

Gotta go with Dallas. Even the media talks about them all year regardless of how well or how bad they are.

17. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Now, now, you were all too harsh on YankeeSteel. Of course he stuck with them through thick and thin! Why, I think there was actually one year in his lifetime when none of his favorite teams went to their respective sport's championship.

18. patticakes

patticakes New Member

there's alot of bandwagon Jets fans here all of a sudden, I never seen any other jet fan till this week!!!

19. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

on a yearly basis...........for the past 3 years?

You, my friend, are the definition of a bandwagon fan. Enjoy the next ~2-3 years of the Phillies because after that when their rotation gets old and they have 80 mil tied into 4 players, and the Sandy/JP/PaulyD trio starts paying dividends, once again Philadelphia will go back to being a pathetic city and NY will be back on top, and the universe will be back to normal.

20. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Good thing the Super Bowl doesn't conflict with your rooting for the Lakers (or maybe it's the Heat this year)...