What is a Jet "homer" exactly?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 14, 2014.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

a homer is Jethro's partner.

[​IMG]

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good question. It's sad that fans have to try to dismiss others' opinions and label other posters to try to discredit their opinions. Just shows how insecure and lazy we all are. I despise the labels "homer", "hater", "sunshiner", "darksider", "real fan", "not a real fan", etc. I've fallen into the trap of using them some over the years just as many others have, but mostly because I've had them all applied to me first, but that's no excuse. I"m as guilty as others, and am doing my best to stop that kind of behavior. I wish we could all grow up, be more civil and respectful, and stop using labels like that, quit calling each other's names, and learn how to disagree in an agreeable and respectful fashion.

Jets Esq. likes this.
  3. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

I think it means someone who automatically endorses whatever the team has decided to do, as if they were on the Public Relations team.

And then the haters are those who automatically disagree with almost everything the Jets do. They think every pick was the wrong one, everyone will bust, etc. If they are proven wrong, they just find something else to complain about.

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I thought I saw a couple of pages prior you mentioned that being homer is ok with you so long as the person acknowledges it?