What if Fitz doesn't come back?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 31, 2016.

?

what if Fitz doesn't come back?

1. Geno is going to impress the $h*t of some people

23 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Geno and a 2nd for Bradford with a $13M due this year and $7 next w/no dead money

8 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. We move on and play 2016 with whomever wins the job in TC

67 vote(s)
    68.4%
  1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

no. i would go with geno or even bring in foles as a backup. the rams might move foles cheap or even release him outright.
    up in foxboro, the hoodie makes out every year by not overpaying for vets and not getting emotionally attached to any player.
    fitz would already be moved on from if he was running the jets.

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

You're totally right, even Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers would struggle with those terrible receivers and o-line.

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Yup, i think so too. I mean when he got Decker he made the most out he could of that.. he had one real NFL weapon lol. Decker almost had 1000 yard season even after leaving a few games early in 2014, I really liked their chemistry. Geno and Amaro also looked like they had a little connection (when amaro actually caught the ball -_-). I think anybody can adapt to Brandon Marshall and Marshall can adapt to any QB.. not worried there. Forte can be Geno's best friend.. I still cringe when I think of how many times Ivory dropped easy screens or dump passes in 2013/2014 from Geno...

Just give the kid some blocking... If plays break down lets not forget Geno's one bright spot he's always had going for him was his ability to run the ball.. good footwork too.. cuts some defenders up.. hope he's learned to slide and protect himself.. he was prone to scary hits you don't want you QB taking like Fitz last year.

#123 JetLifeLo, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Big endorsement today for Geno by Broadway.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Bigger endorsement from somebody actually ON the team and knows what the fuck is going on. Love Joe but his opinion is worthless. He's not AT camp.

https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/06/darrelle_revis_ryan_fitzpatrick.html

Jets' Darrelle Revis on Ryan Fitzpatrick: 'We want to see him walk in this locker room'

FLORHAM PARK —
    On Tuesday, as the Jets began their three-day mandatory minicamp, star cornerback Darrelle Revis spoke to reporters for the first time since last season ended.

And Revis made it clear that he wants quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick back.

Jets Darrelle Revis gives injury updateNew York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis said he hurt his wrist early in the season last year and played through it. He also said his recovery is on schedule, and hopes to be ready for camp. 6/14/2016 (Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
    Fitzpatrick remains an unsigned free agent, locked in a contract standoff with the Jets. He debuted with the Jets last season and threw 31 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

"Ryan is a big part of our success," said Revis, who is no stranger to contract disputes. "He definitely is. He came here and he's broken a bunch of records in the quarterback category. He was a big part of our offense. This [contract standoff] has been going on all offseason, and we're waiting for him to come back."

Do the Jets need Fitzpatrick back, in order to pick up where they left off last season, when they went 10-6?

"I don't make those decisions," Revis said. "I definitely don't. Those are not in my hands. We want him back, and we want to see him walk in this locker room."

How we see things.

The Jets have offered Fitzpatrick a three-year contract worth $24 million. It includes $15 million in guaranteed pay, with $12 million of that coming in 2016. The Jets' standoff with Fitzpatrick is now past the three-month mark.

The Jets begin training camp in late July. Coach Todd Bowles previously said that because Fitzpatrick is a veteran who understands coordinator Chan Gailey's offense, the Jets really don't need Fitzpatrick back until training camp.

_

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

decker would have had a minimum 3 more TDs with a non scrub throwing to him. there were 2 plays specificall, 10+ yards of seperation on blown coverage and geno overshot him by a ton. several times to stephen hill also.

geno is trash, he had trash teammates, but he is still the worst qb in football

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i dont view his running ability as a plus because it comes with horrible decision making. fumbles, running out of bounds 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage, etc...

NYJetsO12 and Ralebird like this.
  8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

k thanks

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

watch Fitz sign a one year $12-million contract with the Patriots with $3M guaranteed

10. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

That and he is not a much better runner than Fitzpatrick. Geno 4.8 yards per attempt, Fitz 4.6 yards per attempt career stats.

11. JStokes

I also think Smith's stats are skewed by a few long runs--his first instinct is to back pedal when in trouble and those losses go as sacks against his passing yardage.

Fitz's first instinct is usually to step forward--he may not break off any 30 yard runs but he always seems to get positive yardage and a ton of first downs.

_

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

success? they won 10 games with a weak schedule, but did not make the playoffs.
    with a win and you are in senario, rf was exposed by his ex-team in buffalo.
    what you saw from rf last year was the upside. paying him more than $3.5 million is hardly smart.
    paying him $7 million as a starter is exactly right, since he is only a bridge/hold-the-fort guy.
    paying him $12 million or more is insanity. invest that money in mo wilkerson instead.

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

hardly "exposed", the guy had a bad game. It remains to be seen if he's the kind of guy who always has a bad game in big games, or if he's the kind of guy that steps up. You can't conclude anything from the Buffalo game because the whole team stunk after the let down following from the big Patriots win high. I'd be more pissed at Bowles than Fitz if I were you

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. JStokes

Go take it up with Revis.

And McGagnan.

I think they probably know bit more that any of us.

_

16. JStokes

It's a freaking joke.

The dude was stellar in the 5 games leading up to the buff game--each one was like a knock out game.

Yeah, he was "exposed".

_

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

That win and in game vs Buffalo was a killer.
    5 game win streak
    Just off NE win
    Waiting for some revenge on Buffalo
    We had all the momentum in the world to make a run in the playoffs. Then...shanked punts; 3Ints; and Revis giving up 15 yards a play happened

macbk and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Bowles has stopped talking about Ryan Fitzptrk but we won't stop talking about Todd Bowles....hehe

19. JStokes

No Ivory. No Powell.

And one awful awful pass.

But Enunwa catches that strike and walks into the endzone and all the Fitz haters shut their pie holes.

_

20. stevejets38

stevejets38 Active Member

all the reports saying how good geno has looked so far, u cant fix his stupidity and his sense of panic

NYJetsO12 likes this.