What if Fitz doesn't come back?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 31, 2016.

?

what if Fitz doesn't come back?

1. Geno is going to impress the $h*t of some people

23 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Geno and a 2nd for Bradford with a $13M due this year and $7 next w/no dead money

8 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. We move on and play 2016 with whomever wins the job in TC

67 vote(s)
    68.4%
  1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

IMO The Jets are better off with Geno. Quick short routes and deep bombs were his specialty in College. Maybe not playing from behind will help Geno play like an idiot and do incredibly stupid stuff less often. We can all agree that he'll still do some stupid stuff (remember he butt fumble?). Get it? We've had bad qb play for so long that our first taste of even "average play" we don't know how to act.

Another possibility is that Wentz kills it and we make a trade for Bradford. I'd start with Geno and a 4th and when they come back Id settle at Geno and a third and it gets done after his signing bonus is paid.

Would you make the trade?

#jets115

2. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Did I just read this exact post from you in another thread? Thanks for posting again, I almost forgot.

Pocket Jet and Jets69 like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Bradford is expensive and can't stay healthy so not much interest in parting with a pick. Also the Eagles have no need for Geno so I doubt that trade would happen. But if they were interested, I'd do a straight swap or maybe also give up a 7th.

If Geno starts, I expect he'll be a little better than before but not average like Fitz. I would project fewer yards than Fitz, similar completion percentage, slightly more TDs than INTs and a passer rating in the low 80s. Ultimately he'll cost the Jets 2 wins and lower our playoff chances from questionable to doubtful. Just my opinion of course, no way to know for sure.

Jetnut, ajax, Pocket Jet and 2 others like this.
  4. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Eagles would have to give us a 2nd for me to even want Bradford. Right now Fitz is a better QB than he is

So if the team is paying him they would pay Fitz first..and for cheaper.

ajax and TNJet like this.
  5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I just clicked the giving up 2nd round choice because we always fuck up our 2nd round choice. Wow, also getting rid of Geno makes me feel better about my vote.

6. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Supposedly Fitzpatrick might take a lesser offer "on principle," but I that could end up being an expensive mistake for him. I don't think any other team would be willing to name him as their starter, and after being a backup in 2016 it'd be harder for him to become a starter in 2017. Also he'd take a big pay cut this year - what he can do is try to get the Jets to give him only a 2 year deal, or add more incentives to the last two years of the contract so that if he's actually starting, he'll get paid over $10m.

As for what the Jets would do... Probably start Smith, and either trade for someone else's backup QB, or take the best available washed up veteran to be our backup. It wouldn't be wise to trade for Sam Bradford unless we saw him as our long term starter. We already sunk an early pick into Hack, so presumably he is our QB of the future or at least is viewed as having that potential.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Let Geno take the beating so Hack and Petty can learn for one more year.

While I have no confidence in Geno, I am certain he can provide the bridge between this year and the next.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If he doesn't come back play Petty, we aren't going to the playoffs no matter who is QB this year and Smith will be gone next year anyway.

9. endydee

endydee Active Member

Why are you referencing Geno Smith in regards to the "butt fumble"? It was Mark Sanchez who made that bonehead play. Or should I say butt head play?

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

His specialty in college was shovel passes to Austin and Bailey.

_

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

But it sounds dumber the second time.

_

NYJetsO12 and Jets69 like this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Young guys have no memories for various reasons.

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

No to Bradford. I would have been mildly interested a year ago but last season he looked terrible, not even his usual mediocre self.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I feel like we are an 8-8 team with or without fitz so don't really care

15. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

The schedule is basically a guarantee to Top Ten pick. Just start Geno and ride it out. Let Fitz hang by the phone till someone pulls a muscle in Denver. Hopefully Hackenberg or Petty will be ready for garbage time towards the end of the season.

16. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

no he is referring to geno deciding to up sanchez on every bone headed mistake he has made and decided to fumble it off his own ass while trying to pass the ball around his back. At least you can say the Sanchez but fumble was because of the dlineman blowing up the olineman. In this case Geno the living turnover did it all on his own rather then take the sack. Limited memories on the people wanting geno or should I say geno is going to impress people. He has all the physical tools but limited IQ and questionable choices on and off the field.

FlaJet likes this.
  17. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

McCown>Bradford

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We play 2016 just like any other season. Whomever wins the Qb job in TC will be our Qb and will play hopefully at a high enough level not to lose winnable games for us. This team isn't getting any younger but I don't feel we're any closer to being "elite" than we were last year soooo, let the best Qb play!

19. KingRoach

I followed it with "get it". I guess you (and many others) didn't get it. It was a reminder as the next sentence goes on to say that we've had bad qb play for a really long time.

20. KingRoach

I posted there first but then decided a fitz thread wasn't the right place for the question.