What happens to Rosen?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jedi mind tricks, Apr 26, 2019.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He wasn't Kingsbury's QB. Once Kliff was hired, the writing was on the wall.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This cannot simply be dismissed as 'not being Kliff's guy'.
    It's incredibly unusual for a first round QB, where a team traded up to #10 to draft, to be shopped at dollar store rates after 1 year.

It's also unusual for a new OC to be fired just weeks into the season, and the HC after just 1 year.

Even more unusual would be no team offering a first round pick, or even a decent trade value to obtain them if they are in fact a real deal QB.

Truth is that Rosen is thought of much higher on this board than he is around the league.
    The excuses are getting thicker around here.
    I honestly don't get why.
    Hoping like hell Miami coughs up a 2nd for him.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

“It’s complicated “

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Can he play D line?

RubenDias likes this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

It'd be crazy if three QBs taken in the top 10 in the 2018 draft end up playing in the same division.

I don't like it. Rosen still has upside and the Cardinals are the Cardinals since when are they the be all end all in talent evaluation?

Rosen could turn out to be another Favre.

6. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Put your tinfoil helmet on my man, crazy is where we’re at.

7. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

2spooky4me

But seriously I wanted Rosen over Darnold last year. Didn't want him anywhere near this division.. least it's not the pats

8. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

I’m completely happy with Darnold but I understand your opinion. I’m not worried about him going to the fish, the best they’ve done in my lifetime is with retread Jets QB’s. A few years from now Rosen will end up in Denver or Indy and pull off a super bowl, and we’ll all feel good for the kid having 2-3 championships under our belt by then.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

I really loved his pocket passing ability heading into the draft last year but that's about it. Come to find out, he's slow as molasses and sucks. And the reports or him pre draft were spot on. A little rich kid with wealthy parents and one who doesn't want to work hard due to mentally feeling entitled. He's not a leader and that's for sure; he's a spoiled brat who's been exposed after only his rookie year to the point of Arizona already quitting on him while taking a QB #1 overall.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that you have an all access pass to the Cardinals facility. The Cards took Murray because they think he's better a better quarterback than Rosen. That doesn't mean Rosen is a terrible player or person.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Never stated he's a bad person just seems like he's a self entitled kid who was just given up on after only his Rookie year after being mentioned alongside the likes of Mayfield/Darnold/Allen/Jackson heading in. I loved Rosen heading in and wanted to ignore the pre draft rumors of him not being liked by teammates and an ego thats too big for his own good.

If N.Y just got rid of Darnold this offseason and let him go while selecting a QB 3rd overall (instead of Q. Williams) you'd be singing a different tune as a Jets fan. Macc would be fired by this fan base and Darnold labeled our biggest bust ever. After only his rookie season at that.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Cardinals didn't give up on Rosen. If Murray hadn't declared for the draft, Rosen would still be their QB. They simply decided Murray is better. That's all there is to it.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Cardinals fired their HC after 1 year. During the offseason their GM Got an extreme DUI and went to jail for 24 hours, fired their OC after 5 games benched and cut their starting QB after 4 games to avoid paying him his game day bonuses. If that happened here and Mac wasn't canned you would be going bat shit crazy.

Rosen was the first one in and the last one out of the building every day. He said nothing negative in spite of the absolute beating he took. He had no other veteran QB around to help him. There is nothing to indicate he's self entitled and hasn't worked his ass off to get to the NFL and stay here.

He's a top NFL QB prospect and he went to a slap dick organization. There is nothing more to it.

They hired a head coach who had a losing record in College who's best asset was he would take the Cardinals job. He loves Murray. That's all there is to it.

#33 Biggs, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019