What Happened to this Place?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Lon Chaney, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I used to love this forum as a place to bs about the Jets and talk football with fellow Jets fans. Now it seems every thread is overrun with a bunch of whiny bitches or Geno dick beaters.

People are crying about a 5-3 team? We suck? Wtf is wrong with you guys? Do you even watch any other NFL games? The Saints just lost at home to the Titans. The Chargers lost last week to a one-win Ravens team.

Sure, we aren't the Patriots. But seriously shut the fuck up with the doom and gloom. You fuckers are pathetic.

Let's get healthy and kick some Rexy assssss.

nycarl, Royal Tee, jdon and 24 others like this.
  2. DanR

DanR Active Member

I thought this place was always like that though. *shrugs*

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Man, you've been here longer than me and you haven't noticed it's loaded with SOJ fans? (I am one of them, so no blame being thrown out) The Jets always disappoint. Get used to it.

4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Damn...I haven't seen a post from Lon in eons. You know what, you are right Lon! Fuck it!! We ARE 5-3 and we should be damn happy about that. I wasn't expecting but about 6 or 7 wins all year anyway. We have definitely overachieved and we've not looked all that bad in doing so. Yes, we did look a little "off" today but maybe that's because we are injured everywhere. I'll take it and hope we tune up Buffalo in 4 days. Yeah baby!!!

5. Lon Chaney

I understand the pessimism and negativity when they stink, but this team isn't that bad. They have a smart, resilient QB with great receivers and a damn good defense.

I'm 36 years old so I've seen my share of disappointment but people should enjoy the season for a change.

greenbeanz and Barry the Baptist like this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Ours meds haven't been refilled yet.

7. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Let them whine and bitch

I'll sleep easy with that 5-3 record after 8 games.

VaBchJet, ajax, HardHitta and 2 others like this.
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

you didn't know the Jets were supposed to annihilate every team in it's path or they suck?

Chutzpah and Red Menace like this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We got 6 sacks today, 4 turnovers, 2 ints, a WIN, and the avg Jet fans says we suck. Don't get it.

10. Toronto's Biggest

Toronto's Biggest Active Member

We just won our first game without Nick Mangold. I'm pretty sure we're winless any time he's missed game action.

I'll take that and hell, I'll feel good about it too. Bring on that fat slob

11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'm very much on board. Go back and look at all the offseason predictions for this squad-- not only the ones in the media, but also the ones on this board. We have already picked up more wins than 99% of the predictions had us winning all year.

We have a good coach who will only get better. We seem have a killer GM for the first time since.........since we signed Namath and Snell?
    We have a lot of great young talent to build around.

Now go get me a quarterback.

12. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Guess there is no real reason to be disappointed. Jets are an average to slightly above average team this year. I suppose there was no reason to expect much more going into this season. Only frustrating thing for me is that we still have no long term answer at QB and overall not feeling like we have a great young core to build around.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Drunk

Going full Turkish.

Enseyi karartmayin gencler. bu Jets takimi herkesin anasini sikecek merak etmeyin.

14. Lon Chaney

The Jets are one game behind the all-everything Green Bay Packers.

They are banged up on both sides of the ball but yet pulled out a win against a team coming off a huge win against Buffalo and a bye.

Halfway through the season they are the 5 seed in the AFC, but yeah, our coach sucks and every player who makes a mistake should be cut.

Ptflea2 and Brook! like this.
  15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

16. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

When expectations go up you're not happy with these kinds of performances. Especially when this team was supposed to send a message after last weeks pathetic performance. The O-Line was garbage, and Bowles just doesn't want to fix the defense by benching that bum wearing #31. His good pal from Arizona. If we did just that we'd be a much better team and everybody would be a little more happy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

They're better this year than they are last year. But for me at least, I see major trouble on the horizon. They are still playing this "longing for the days of Rich Kotite" type of game. They need to open up on offense. They all but go into victory formation whenever they get the lead, even with a quarter left to play. There 's also serious clock management issues. They could have possibly won the Eagles and Patriots games had they actually attempted to stop the clock! Also, they keep insisting on a run heavy offense and it only works 50% of the time. Fitzpatrick is not NEARLY as mistake prone as Geno Smith or Mark Sanchez were (are); he's not Brady or Rogers, but they need to open up and balance the attack. This has been the same exact problem they've had for the past four coaches: Opposing defenses know that if you shut down the Jets' running game, you own them.

The good part is that the play this year is much crisper and not nearly as sloppy as it was under Rex. However, this team has serious problems to address if they ever want to get elite status.

Bellows1, NYJetsO12 and RexontheBeach like this.
  18. Lon Chaney

But remember that 40% of the o-line was out.

You are spot on about cromartie though. He just flat out stinks right now.

The major thing to remember is that the NFL is all about Ws not style points. Denver is getting thrashed by an Indy team that we beat right now.

19. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

It's absolutely absurd and beyond annoying. We are 5-3 with a first year head coach, a year after going 4-12. We are playing meaningful games halfway through the season, and sitting in the drivers seat for a playoff spot. By the way some of the idiots on here talk you'd think we got blown out today. Yes, we didn't play or best game, but at the end of the day we got a win and have already surpassed our win total from last year with 8 games remaining. We should be enjoying our success and not crying like little bitches because we didn't play a flawless game.

Cman68, ajax and Lon Chaney like this.
  20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

When I read the thread title I thought it was talking about the stadium, which also deserves its own thread. Just a disgrace today, it felt like a library. Even when they were up 14-3 in the first.