What happened to gabby?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Sep 17, 2021.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Supposedly one of his parents guns is missing. They did find a gun in DeSoto Park but that's not where the body was. That's where he went camping with his parents.

Something about this case will always reek. It's just circumstantial supposition because legally you can't charge a dead person so that appears to be that.

I wish they would say if anything was salvageable from that notebook and what digital information they uncovered. In my mind it hardly matters now.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

One of the true things here is that once he got charged his family was probably financially ruined. He'd have had to make a quick plea deal to avoid a hundred thousand plus in legal fees and expenses, probably more than that given the amount that the local authorities spent on the investigation. Then there would have been the civil complaint from the Petito family.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It’s all so strange. Heard that gabbys parents may be suing the laundries.

that gun has to be somewhere, and if it isn’t where he was, someone moved it.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Will the family be charged for not divulging the pistol the guy took with him?

5. typeOnegative13NY

They should be imo.

6. jetophile

7. Br4d

They told the authorities a gun was missing.

They (and the authorities) chose not to tell the public.

8. Br4d

If you read the top article it is internally inconsistent.

First says the gun was not revealed to be missing according to the attorney then quotes him as saying that he didn't know why the missing gun was not revealed by authorities.

And yeah, journalism has blown chunks since ordinary citizens decided that whatever they think about something must be news. This is the fault of professional journalists asking people for their opinions and then reporting them as news, going back to the 70's - so self-inflicted wound on the journalistic community.

Facts = news.

Opinions = crappola.

Ralebird likes this.
  9. jetophile

Is there such a thing as facts anymore? My sources say no.

EDIT: Look at the titles alone for starters.

#249 jetophile, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  10. jetophile

I read two different articles that the FBI in Denver was able to read the journal after painstaking examination. Laundrie claimed responsibility for the murder but they didn't release what he said or if he gave any reason why/how/chain of events or if there was actual suicide note. One of the articles also says a gun was found near his remains but doesn't say if it was the parents missing gun, the other article doesn't mention the gun at all. o_O

Further final details on Petito's COD: Blunt force trauma to the head and manual strangulation. I guess we'll never really know what triggered Laundrie to that level of rage but he was following a pattern of escalation/terror/control. Maybe she threatened to leave him, who is to say.

I still think Laundrie's parents will always be under a veil of suspicion in some regard (especially in the court of public opinion), but after all this time I've come to the conclusion that no charges will ever be brought against them. It's not a provable/winnable case no matter how sketchy certain aspects may appear.

A lot of investigative mistakes were made, that's for sure. Also nothing on digital info except to say he had a burner phone, which is also very odd. That's all they came up with considering with how much they had to work with? Anyway, the book is officially shut.

RIP, Gabby. Him not so much.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Convenient that the FBI obviously didn’t do a very good job investigating the whole ordeal including the parents and they suddenly find a journal that says “I DID IT. DEFINITELY DON’T INVESTIGATE ANYONE ELSE.”

12. typeOnegative13NY

Seems there’s just a lot missing information from this case. Starting with, where’s the gun he shot himself with. Also, how did they walk past his skull every day for. Month, and then the parents walk right to it .weird

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They found the gun, described as a revolver with the body.**

I dont think there is any missing info myself. Seems pretty straight forward: Pussy can't handle himself in an argument and strangles his girl, runs to mom & dad and then kills himself in the woods

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...nsible-gabby-petitos-death-fbi-says-rcna13123

14. jetophile

He killed her, that's the truth of it, sure. However, something will always be rotten in the state of Denmark.

15. typeOnegative13NY

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's not why mainstream news sucks.

It sucks because it's been bought & paid for by Corporate America.

Br4d likes this.
  17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

They should send his corpse to the electric chair! Just for good measure!

18. Br4d

This is another reason however it doesn't change the fact that the man in the street interview used to be a rarity and has now become like a feature of almost every story.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Huh?

They've always done that.... measured the voice of the people. It probably goes back to the beginning of journalism.

Maybe I'm not seeing it to the degree you are... but I do see news running cover for big Corporate power and powerful elite.

I see that as a far bigger issue in the delivery of news... the "man on the street" isn't the problem...

20. Br4d

Reporting a story in all of it's intricacies takes focus and dedication to digging for the truth.

The power elites indeed have circumscribed that process to keep the actual muckraking to a minimum. One of the tools they've used for close to three generations now is the "man in the street/question to a crowd of onlookers" interview, which rarely touches upon anything of relevance in the story but allows them to eat up time that otherwise would be spent on the details.

There are ways to do that kind of interview process correctly, however they require a lot more time spent on the process, drilling down with followups to get at what's really happening. Instead we get a throwaway question or two with no followups and plenty of edits to get what the interviewer wants highlighted.

BrowningNagle likes this.