What excites me

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bleedgreen, Jul 29, 2023.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know how much NFL they watch in Spain, maybe if someone hosts an entire game in 3 minute TikTok segments, she'll get Spiveyed.

#21 abyzmul, Aug 15, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I didn't think about that by you're right...Dalvin coming in will be the most grizzled vet in the RB room. I don't pretend to know his personality, but how fantastic for the Jets if he took all the young RBs under his wing and pointed out stuff it took him 6 years to learn on his own, and all 4 of our backs become even better.

Shucks with Aaron teaching the young WRs and Cook doing the same for the young RBs, we could have an offense that ranks even higher than our defense! 1 and 1a! I'd LOVE to start whooping teams like 45 - 0 a few times.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know if Cook will be as generous with his time or care about the young RBs, but hopefully, if nothing else, they can learn from watching him. It will be icing on the cake, if he decides to take them under his wing.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

What excites me this year?

For the first time in a decade, almost two maybe? I don't have to wince and hold my breath every time the QB drops back for a pass and pray that it isn't picked off. The one thing Rodgers is great with is holding onto the football. Should be a massive relief for a D and not being in short field all the time. I don't know the number, but I would be shocked if we weren't towards the bottom 1/3 of the league in opponent starting field poss.

bicketybam likes this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Grizzled 28 year old.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Not with this OL.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I know right? For a RB, that's pretty near the edge. That's an old man in the RB room! We don't have Frankie Gore anymore

8. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

So I see you are a long time member which means you have seen a lot of bad jets football. It may be the Oline struggles, it also may not. Plenty of time to have all healthy for all or most oft he season. They are mostly seasoned vets who may come together. Personally, I greatly look forward to the season. I really don't think the Oline will be a terrible problem. plus our defense WILL be a terrible problem for opposing offenses. This team is poised to be the best in umpteen years. How can you not be excited?

9. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Obviously, we need to find the long term answer at Qb, but Douglas has done an outstanding job changing the quality of player in this organization. Some of the comments about Douglas on this board have been beyond mindless. If the Jets fire him at the end of the year, it will be back to the Idzik , Mcagnan days. He is even light years better than Tannenbaum. And he will be out of Job all of 2 seconds.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Agree, but no chance JD or RS fired. Yes, QB in a few years is mystery. I believe the organization is currently betting on Wilson, for reasons I have stated. time will tell.

NCJetsfan likes this.