What do you guys think about Vernon Davis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Imagesrdecieving, Feb 18, 2006.

1. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

actually the only knock on Hackney is his height. You cant knock his arm. His arm strenght is ridiculous and his accuracy is really good. I can understand you knockin his height or decision making, but he has a great arm. In all truthfulness, his height doesnt really bug me. From the games i've watched, he doesnt play "small" if that makes any sense, much like Brees, and both Vicks. Also, Hackney could be had in the later rounds and can pan out into a David Garrard type player.

2. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

i want you to handle our draft, i like all your picks

3. If we indeed trade Abe to a team w/ a 15-20 area pick, Vernon Davis may very well be on our radar. He's a guy who can do some special things and be a great safety valve for whomever our new QB is.

Also 2 things...

1. The pats have taken 2 TE's(Daniel Graham and Ben Watson) in the 1st round in the past 5 years

2. Schotennheimer JR. comes from San Diego whose passing game clicks due to a TE named Antonio Gates, who Davis has alot in common w/. Scary thing: Davis might be more athletic and is a better blocker.

4. 1028

1028 Active Member

I really wish wed get this Abraham situation solved, depending on what we do it really gives us an idea of what our options are.

5. I too am antsy. I was thinking about our options earlier today if we get a second 1st rounder in comp. for Abe and few names popped into my mind.

1. Vernon Davis- See my post above
    2. Gabe Watson- If we plays up to his potential he solvesour NT problem
    3. Manny Lawson- Helluva Hyrbid prospec if we switch to the 3-4
    4. Jon Scott/Marcus McNeill- Guys who can anchor the running game
    5. Tye Hill- Pair him w/ his college teammate and we have one of the most athletic CB tandems in football.