What do we do now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenWhiteandGold, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t mind this at all, you gotta think JD is on the phone heavy atp. Let’s hope we can make something happen

Jets81 likes this.
  2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I would reach out to Wentz. On the trade front I might make an offer for Taylor Heinicke. He is not that big, but he is tough as nails, as has a career 34-24 TD/INT ratio, which aint great but better than Zach.

C'mon, is there anyone who seriously thinks we should hand the keys back to Zach Wilson??? He has the distinction of being the first QB in the modern era to be rated the worst QB in the league two years in a row.
    Even Troy Aikman, who tries hard to find the good in everybody, labeled Zach"s INT last night a "terrible read." Zach threw the ball RIGHT TO Milano.
    But neither Joe Douglas nor his puppet Robert Saleh will ever admit Zach was a wasted pick. So now we get to watch the Patriots (and everybody else) beat Zach again twice more this year.
    Thank you, Joe Douglas, for your loyalty to YOUR second overall pick in the 2021 draft! :D

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

No one could predict this but seriously JD how do you go into the season one injury away from being right back where we were last season?

Should have resigned White

SOJAZ, ProfJets, abyzmul and 2 others like this.
  4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I was thinking Gorilla Glue! LOL!! o_O

dmw likes this.
  5. mezzavo

The only problem with this thinking is look back to when Dilfer was playing. He didn't have to navigate an AFC that is so loaded that half of the teams look like potential SB contenders.

6. mezzavo

Ummm...we're not dealing with an unknown quantity here. We all KNOW what we are getting in Zach Wilson. I'm sorry but one training camp with the Football Dali Lama (Rodgers) is not going to "fix" Zach Wilson. It isn't going to help our O-Line pass block any better either. Try not to be too incredulous at our reactions.

tomdeb, SOJAZ and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. mezzavo

My wife pointed that out. The minute someone wrinkled Allen's jersey that whistle was on fire! Wilson's KNEES are on the ground and nothing. Kind of stunned the kid got up from that one. That was a full blow to the entire face and head! :mad:

8. mezzavo

I watched the game and replayed that one play a couple times. Did you watch the game and notice that the minute Allen's jersey got a wrinkle in it they blew that whistle non-stop? I sure did. The good for the goose/gander was definitely missing from last night's officiating.

9. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I’ve been doing this shit for 55 years bro. Here’s the thing: the offensive line has sucked for a decade now. JD has done shit to address it. New England won championships with a stud QB an iron O line and a mediocre to slightly above average D. That’s the modern NFL. It’s karma that Becton let the guy thru who ended the season. JD depending on him, a project who sucked for even the few minutes he played, drives the point home. Instead of trading up for the likes of Darnold and drafting the likes of Wilson, we should have been trading up to get the best lineman in the draft. We’ve won absolutely nothing in the JD regime and that is going to continue. How people think he’s done a great job is beyond me.

sozopol, abyzmul and HomeoftheJets like this.
  10. mezzavo

Couldn't have said this better myself. You, kind sir, are a football Nostradamus. This is exactly what will happen only I'm on the hook for 4 wins at best. Just enough to ensure we can't draft one of the top 2 QB's in next year's draft.

Wahoo likes this.
  11. mezzavo

Ok, now this one made me laugh! You still got "it" Abyzmul! This is EXACTLY what it feels like. Been feeling it since Martin fumbled in the AFC championship game, since Testaverde blew his achillies the year after and Pennington waxed his wrist. Tell you what, that loss in the AFCCG in '98 to the Broncos hurt because we were the superior team and would have pounded Atlanta in the SB. Ce la vie...ahhh the memories!

abyzmul and Mehl-56 like this.
  12. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Dilfer was better than any qb we have currently

James Hasty and SOJAZ like this.
  13. JetFanInNE

I’ll stick with Zach

James Hasty, NCJetsfan and NY Jets68 like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Zach was worse than his statline last night in that 100% of the credit for the touchdown pass goes to Garrett Wilson. But the more important thing is that even if he played acceptably well for a backup, Rodgers being out for the entire season means we need more than just a backup. We need someone who can start more than just a few games and give the team a shot a making a playoff run, and ZACH IS NOT THAT GUY.

tomdeb and SOJAZ like this.
  15. mezzavo

Pfffftttt...

It blows my mind how a man kneels and all of a sudden he sucks at QB. Collin Kaepernick, love him or hate him, is still a better QB than ZW. I'm not going to get into a debate about it. If you think ZW is better than Collin you are letting your politics get in the way of your football brain. That's just straight up fact. Not going to talk about it beyond this post.

16. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Bolded is false

NCJetsfan, NY Jets68 and bicketybam like this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He was much better than Zach when he played, but that was several years ago. He's not a viable option anymore.

NY Jets68, JetFanInNE and mezzavo like this.
  18. mezzavo

I was going to add that but was still SMH at the original comment. Yes, at this point, Collin has been out of football long enough that the topic is definitely dead and buried.

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

With all due respect, Troy Ackman and the other HOF QB did that... at one point TA said after another bad play by ZW, that is basic QB 101. Enough said, ok. He is not the answer and the fault lies with this FO and CS for not fixing the fking OL.

20. JetFanInNE

Thank you, my point exactly!

Whoever made the comment to begin with, stay in your own damn lane. You knew nothing about why I made my comment, way to assume I was referring to anything nefarious