What do jets fans think of what jim kelly said?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GRNYT, Jun 29, 2012.

1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Go back and look at his question again. He asked who the greatest QB in Jets history was. I just answered his question and if you think Joe Namath wasn't the greatest QB in Jets history then you don't know football. FYI I know the Jets won that game with defense and a running game. Namath however was the leader and had the balls to guarantee the win when nobody gave them a chance.

2. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

3. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

You're making an ass of yourself

4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I want boozer32 to answer.

5. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

not quite...

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Ahhh.....Favre????

7. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

not quite....

8. Professor Frink

I'm glad somebody said it

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Mark Sanchez - greatest QB in the history of the Jets. At least if you count playoff wins, and playoff QB rating. Nobody else ranks. Sanchez wins by default. 6th all time post season QB rating. No other Jets QB comes close to that number. Granted the sample size is small, and his career is young and the Jets set the bar low. He's still the best, and pretty much the only one that has done anything worth a damn in the playoffs since Namath. Keep your eye on him this year.

#149 Barcs, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  10. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

u are either young or blind...sanchez isnt even the equal of Ken O'Brien as far as pure skill and qb ability...put O'Brien with the jets run game and D of 09 and 10 and you win one if not both of those afccg...take those things away from Sanchez in 09 or 10 and Jets look like this year: mediocre. Sanchez has talent and has his moments but he is a product of his team in his "successful" first two years not the other way around

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Are you taking the '83 and '84 O'Brien when you make that projection?

12. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

just o'brien overall...saw him play, especially the shoot outs with marino...sanchez is young and learning but not in o'briens class...

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I asked because your statement wasn't really fair. You said put O'Brien on the '09 or '10 Jets and they win one or both AFCCG's. Sanchez was a rookie and a second year QB. Despite that, Sanchez owns the 6th best post season QB passer rating in NFL history. That's pretty good for a young QB, don't you think? O'Brien didn't even play as a rookie.

14. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

i hear you...i am just responding to barcs who said sanchez is "best" jets qb ever...i mean i HAD to respond to that!

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'll ignore the speculation. What do you think I meant by "wins by default". I thought I made it clear in my post that I wasn't talking about pure skill or ability, I was talking about post season success, which matters more than anything else. No other Jets QB besides Namath comes close. This is a fact, whether you like Sanchez or not. He has the best post season winning percentage, the most playoff wins, and the best post season QB rating of any other Jets QB in just 3 years in the league! I'm not making this up and I know the Jets set the bar low, but the facts are indeed facts. The kid has a bright future.

In 40+ years of the Jets, they've only made the ACF championship game 4 times. 2 of these times were with Rex & Sanchez. Obviously its never 1 or 2 guys that win games, but Sanchez significantly helped deliver most of those playoff wins.

#155 Barcs, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  16. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

i understand that but u r contradicting urself...ur saying sanchez is ranked b/c of post season wins but admitting he won "by default"...can't have it both ways

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Actually yes you can. Winning by default means that, it may not be the best performance, but since the competition is so weak it's pretty much non existent, and you still win. If 5 people do a mile race and the best time is 15 minutes while others walk the race and finish in the 20s, then that person wins by default, it doesn't mean they are an amazing runner.

Sanchez is the best QB in Jets history based on post season success. He's definitely not the most skilled to ever play for the team.

#157 Barcs, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  18. patdaman819

patdaman819 Member

who care we all know the jets will win the division fuck the bills

19. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

one playoff win 2 years ago out of 10 years and you're thinking the jets are in the drivers seat? "LAME"

gotta laugh at your line "YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST" is this coming from moms basement?

20. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

with the way the jets season ended i wouldn't pound my chest too proudly after that demoralizing end of the season. jets were the laughing stock of the league with rex's king of new york and the idiot reciever.