What do jets fans think of what jim kelly said?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GRNYT, Jun 29, 2012.

1. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I have the same topic going on over on a Pats site, seems they are out of touch too, should have expected this...

*Originally Posted by RochesterJet
    This shows how deliusional you are. The Bills? Do you even watch football?

This is so funny! I wish you could step outside yourself and hear that comment. Even YOU would laugh at yourself.

To compare the Colts without Manning to the Patriots without Brady is ridiculous. We're a plug-and-play team, in case you hadn't noticed. And let's not even try to compare Curtis Painter to Brian Hoyer or Ryan Mallett.

The truth of the matter is that if Brady goes down, the team survives, and survives well, mainly because every part is replaceable and the coaching is fantastic and in synch. When Manning went down, the team sank because the team WAS Manning.

And the stark truth is the Bills are a better team this year than the Jets. You can laugh all you want, but that is the truth. And they have better coaching.

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Pats hate the Jets so of course they will say that. Its hard to hate the Bills because its like hating the Kansas City Royals.

3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I think its pretty funny how according to Jets fans, in regards to how well the Bills will do this season, Bills fans are out of touch, Pats fans are out of touch, and damn near every analyst in the business is out of touch.

Yet the only group of people that still wont recognize the Bills as a much improved team (Jets fans) cannot even fathom that it might them that is out of touch.

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The Bills on paper seem improved. Did you look at your records recently you guys have looked improved on paper before. I remember Bills fans coming on here proclaiming Trent Edwards is better than Sanchez.

Win more more than six games and you will get recognized as an improved team. At least Patriot trolls have swept us last year won the division countless times and went to the SB. The Bills won six games and were swept by the Jets.
    Excuse us if we do not quite jump on the bills bandwagon quite yet.

5. Bills over Jets

I most certainly understand that we have to win games in order for everything to translate.

I never thought the teams in the past were going to be any good. They never looked good on paper, to me, or probably anyone else with a brain. Any optimism Bills fans had prior was based only on potential and not actual experience.

I think this team is different from the past failures in that it ACTUALLY looks good on paper and the guys are more proven. God, I hope Bills fans weren't actually on here bragging about Edwards. What a joke. I dont know what Bills teams looked good on paper in the past, but I dont doubt there were idiot Bills fans on here talking about them.

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Except this team doesn't really look good on paper either. Mario Williams is very talented but the rest of the D is very mediocre. On Offense you have one of the worst QBs in the NFl, an aging RB who put up a career year last year before getting hurt, and a good WR in Stevie Johnson who I like a lot. I don't think the Bills offense does better this season and the D is not improved enough to make a difference. Also Bills coaching is really bad.

Bills are like the Lions before they got good.

7. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Are you blind or just don't know a damn thing about football?

Since the Jets won that fluke playoff game two years ago, the Pats went 13-3, won yet another AFC Championship game and came within one play of winning another Super Bowl.

What have your Jets done since then?

Oh yea, a very mediocre 8-8 season and missed the playoffs.

But according to you, the 2012 Jets will be better than the Pats.

8. Why don't you check the history of super bowl losing teams and their following season.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Yep, The Jets will better. The Superbowl was close only on paper more that the giants kept them in the game.

I am glad you are getting it don't get angry we will see on the field. The Jets will win the division this year and the talking heads will be wondering what is wrong with the Patriots.

10. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

This thead is so redundant, its not even funny. Basically fans from each team ae just saying that their team is going to do well next year. Shocking.

And on topic: i expect nothing less to hear that from an ex bills player. Id be shocked for him to wish the Jets well.

11. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

I was shocked to actually agree with what you said since I don't with anything else. Ha. Never thought this day would come. But it has and your right.

12. Bills over Jets

I guess we should agree to disagree then.

IMO, Fred hasn't had the amount of carries typical backs do, so his age hasn't yet been a factor. It is inevitable he eventually slows down, but I'll be excited to watch Spiller take over. I honestly dont think we'd miss a beat.

I dont agree that Fitz is "one of the worst QBs in the league" but I do agree this is a make it or break it year for him. Im anxious to watch him without broken ribs this time. We will see if he's good enough to stay a starting QB or not.

The defense is much improved with the switch to the 4-3, combined with the guys we've got returning from injury along with the new additions. Wannstedt has always been a top coordinator, and much like Wade Phillips, I think he's always had a defense in the top 10 each time (have to double check). He will be coaching a group that was always more suited for the 4-3.

Guys on defense that we didnt have last year: Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Mark Anderson, Shawne Merriman, Stephon Gilmore, Terrence McGee, Aaron Williams, and George Wilson for a stretch.

Gailey is one of the more respected offensive minds in the game and Wannstedt is one of the more respected defensive minds, so I'm not really sure where your coaching argument comes from.

13. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Here's what I can never understand. Why are most Jet fans so convinced that when Tom Brady leaves, the Pats will automatically be reduced to a 6-10 level. Did you guys just miss 2008 altogether? Its already HAPPENED,. and the results were an 11-5 record (and you can count on ONE hand the number of time the Jets have reached that number of wins in a single season in 52 years)

The bottom line here is that the Bills on paper are EVERY bit as good as the Jets. Like I said, a better DL, better pass rushers, better RBs a better #1 WR, a better #2 WR. If Jet fans want to ignore the improvements the Bills have made over the last 2 seasons. If they want to let the past decade of Buffalo ineptness color their perspective. Then fine. What matters here is what the Bills are NOW.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

And what the pats are now is an overrated team that won't make the playoffs. The jets have a better oline wr lb secondary dline linebackers. In fact the QB and TE is all that is better.

15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Between this thread and the Buffalo Bills thread there has been alot of trash talking and we are only in July. This should be a fun season opener. When September rolls around reading the posts between Jets and Bills fans should be amusing. I still think the Jets are the better team but I expect two close hard fought games between them this year.

16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

This would have meant more to me if it came from Frank Reich. But its Jim Kelly the biggest loser in football history. Law of averages say you should have won at least 1 SB after 4 straight appearences. He should be branded with the "L" on his forehead. Never liked him and this solidifies it even more.

17. Bills over Jets

Who is the best QB in Jets history?

18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Your kidding right? Go watch a replay of the biggest upset ever in Super Bowl history and then you will find your answer. It was also the biggest win in the AFL's history.

19. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Vinny Testaverde.

20. patfanken

patfanken Banned

WOW! you really don't know your Jets history. I watched that game and and as an AFL fan I rooted for the Jets. The reality was that Joe Namath was just another guy in that game, like Trent Dilfer was, or Ben Rothlessberger was in his first superbowl win.

In that game Joe was a decent game manager, good completion rate (17-28) and no picks, but also no TD passes and only led the Jets to just one TD and 3 FGs and just 200 yds in passing. It was a solid defense and a great running game that won that game for the Jets. The best thing that Joe contributed was his "guarantee"

Joe Namath was perhaps my favorite non-Patriot player in that era, but if you take away the hype, Namath had a 50% completion rate with more picks than TD's. Yes the game was a lot different then, but if Namath had the exact same career in any other city but NYC, he'd never would have been in the HOF.