What can be done to improve the offense right now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Don't think for a second that wasn't JD's plan all along. He's gonna stay with Zach Wilson no matter what just to prove he didn't fck up the pick. He knew full well Semian wasn't ever gonna play let along challenge Zach Wilson. Boyle was only signed because supposedly, he knew Hacketts' system. JD knew exactly what he was doing with his supposed back up QB plan. Too bad so many fans bought into the bullshit as if JD was actually prepping for the worst to happen.

papapump, HomeoftheJets and SOJAZ like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You guys know it's only a matter of time before Joe drags Flacco off his couch, right?

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You are giving JD too much credit. Just like agreeing for a pick swap to lose Broderick and then rating Mayers and McD over him, picking another DE in 1st round who barely contributed when we needed help on offense, not trading up in the 4th for Dawand Jones when he slipped and we needed OT but instead trading down to then grab older injury prone Carter Warren, rolling out Duane Brown as a starting LT, doing nothing at trade deadline, the list goes on and on and on. JD made some great moves, particularly on defense, but he also made some awful ones, particularly on offense. And these awful moves (rolling with Duane) are negating great ones (getting Rodgers) and then some. Building terrible offense is negating building great defense. Not to mention making it a lot less fun to watch the ensuing product.

Conklin so far remains his best offensive FA signing. And I like Conklin, but he is really the only guy with positive contribution this year out of all offensive FAs he signed, and while he is solid, he is nothing special. So, did JD know exactly what he was doing or maybe explanation is much simpler: he fucked offensive FA signing again? Just like he has done again and again and again this season. I tend to think the simplest explanation is the best one.

#123 Borat, Nov 18, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    Jets81, SOJAZ and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  4. Cman68

I base my opinion on JD's undying, unwavering support of Zach Wilson no matter what the evidence shows. He's bent over backwards to try and coddle this kid to include dumping his main challenger in Mike White and signing a QB in name only. I don't think JD is a bumbling idiot. The man has a plan and that plan is for Zach Wilson to become the FQB of the NYJ's no matter how many years it takes. Wait for the upcoming extension. Its coming man...

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

abyzmul likes this.
  6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I agree with you regarding ZW and borat. I also believe JD is not dumb but as Borat stated he has screwed the pooch with respect to the O. the latest dumpster dive is having Andersen (whatever he calls himself these days) coming in Tuesday for a tryout... LOL. What a fking chit show....

Even if we sign him ZW will never get the ball to him ... if it wasn't so pathetic it would be laughable. .

papapump and Cman68 like this.
  7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

What's extremely alarming is the desire to go back to familiar commodities. Flacco, Anderson, Simien. It shows me JD may not have a good pulse on the talent around the league and doesn't feel comfortable grabbing guys who have not been here before.

Same thing happened with McDaniels. He brought over a bunch of x Pats and Jimmy G, retreads he is already familiar with.

Something to monitor. I think he has a good eye for the draft, good at trades.. but the people he has brought in with NFL experience have mostly not been good. He would get away with it if he didn't F up the QB situation so bad. It literally can barely be worse than it currently is.

8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Now THAT would make him a bumbling idiot.

I don't think JD is an idiot, but he is also not a top NFL executive either. Probably somewhere mid or worse - depending on how this season plays out. He had 4 years with two different QBs. Always bad OLine, bad QB play, subpair WR room. But the biggest reason why I don't think JD is all in on Zach is because he brought Rodgers. And even before Rodgers they were dining Carr and everyone knew they were in a QB market. Even the owner said it. So, I just think the theory that JD does not want to admit a mistake does not hold up when they are looking at Carr and Rodgers and the owner announces they need a QB upgrade. Even Rodgers can play more than two years. The Jets are not picking up Zach's 5th year option. It just doesn't make sense.

But I can definitely see JD being worried about Wentz's personality and being too cheap and risk adverse to give up 6th for Dobbs. Heck, he didn't even give up that much for a decent OL upgrade and signed someone off the couch who sucked last year. And Siemen played WCO, veteran, no worries about personality and can be had without giving up a draft pick. It's really as simple as that. Not retaining White is also simple to explain. It takes CAP room, Zach is getting paid a lot and is untradeable, Rodgers usually doesn't get hurt, so Zach is #2 to start the year, Boyle who played with Rodgers before #3. At least for me it's easy to see why he made poor decisions he made, and it does not revolve around Zach. It's mostly about being conservative, unaggressive, and making poor judgements based on hope rather than reality, like in the case of not improving OT, hoping Rodgers will hold up with this OLine, etc...

Cman68 and ouchy like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Except of course he did fuck up the pick, which means barring a miracle run with Rodgers this year or next year, he'll be out of a job after the 2024 season, and he won't be getting another one with any real responsibility.

BrooklynJetsFan and Cman68 like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Nope. He has been seen testing with the Rams

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Simple....give play calling duties to our new Assistant General Manager Aaron Rodgers

dmw and Cman68 like this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He's gonna try to go to 31 teams before he comes to the Jets.

LAJet and stinkyB like this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Davante Adams would improve this offense... :rolleyes:

14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

well we got to see boyle finally and that should put all boyle talk to rest.

15. GasedAndConfused

IDK man thats certainly a take
    If he had unwavered support he wouldn't have chased rodgers and traded for him.
    JDs given up on picks before. He just cut carter, he traded mims for pretty much nothing who is on a PS now
    White left for more money, to play for his childhood team, where he was the unquestioned 2 behind an injury prone QB with hill and waddle to throw to.
    I highly doubt we pick up wilsons 5th year option this offseason. 2024 is most likely his last year as a jet

16. GasedAndConfused

browns signed him lol

17. Cman68

You're overlooking the one thing that I think is keeping Zach on the roster besides that $35m guaranteed contract. None of the guys he's cut so far were 2nd overall picks. Zach is an epic fail that will be the stain on JD's legacy as long as Zach sucks or JD is a GM somewhere. They have refused to acknowledge the error and one could say they (JD) has tripled down on Zach being the future of the Jets. It might cost Saleh his job and it has started to get JD the kind of attention a losing GM really doesn't want or need.

18. GasedAndConfused

yup zach was a huge mistake. we all know that. and we will pay for it for sometime with the cap and all. But the plan was for rodgers to start this year and next. beyond that we don't really know. does seem like they were trying to salvage him. even today with saleh's presser. sounds like it. But realistically there was no chance he was going to be on this roster after the contract up unless he did a complete 180 which ain't happening

Cman68 likes this.
  19. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

If he's on the team, he better be the at the least the 3rd QB and NOT the backup next season.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Run the wild cat it is the only chance we have. Line up Breece and Cook at QB and run the wildcat.