What are your DREAM Draft Day Scenarios for the Jets?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

That would be a Macagnan draft, leaving blue chip pass rushers on board for other teams to take. I don’t believe it’s a JD move.

boozer32 likes this.
  2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Mac’s mo was going with the consensus top picks. Taking KT or Walker if there are internal concern would be a Mac move imo

ouchy and Red Menace like this.
  3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Why?

also, you hate the idea of drafting one of the best cb prospects we’ve seen at 4, but are all in on a damn safety at 10? Lol

James Hasty and KingRoach like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Spot on. Although probably not JD first choice, A blue chip CB could very well be the pick if the first three are Edge Rushers. Other option on the table is OT. Sauce would help tremendously, as we tend to play our safeties way deep to protect our current set of CB from getting burned. He will anchor one spot and free the safeties some.

5. Bills over Jets

I don’t even think you need 3 edge rushers off the board to draft sauce. Sauce is elite, and all the analysts are saying the edge rushers and tackles are not. I honestly don’t know why sauce isn’t considered the best player in the draft. I don’t believe we’ve seen a cb prospect like him ever.

LAJet likes this.
  6. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

Should JD just ignore the fact that having a top-tier Edge is critical to our defensive scheme, and that DBs are not? I love Sauce and think he'd be the BPA at any slot, but when his rookie contract is up, paying his extension price as a top 10 DB would not be feasible if we also want to have the top tier DL that this scheme requires. Which means you can't afford to keep him beyond his rookie contract, and you may be missing out on the opportunity get the long-term DL prospects you actually need for this defensive scheme to work.

Again, I love Sauce and wouldn't complain at all if JD and RS believe it makes sense for their scheme to invest in him with the #4 pick. But it kinda sounds like a guy who lives at the north pole spending his life savings on an air conditioner.

7. Bills over Jets

You’re looking 5 years down the road and I don’t even think it’s true that you can’t pay him. The bills are paying tre white and von Miller fat contracts in addition to having a 45 mil qb, and Diggs, etc.

You can still draft the same type of edge rusher at 10 if they want

ouchy and KingRoach like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'd still take hamilton over sauce by and far. more important position (in our defense), bigger need (replaces joyner over huff), and better prospect

Ralebird likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

better prospect, bigger need, more important to our scheme. hamilton is a top 2 prospect in the class and a ball hawk safety who can also stop the run is more important then upgrading huff and i'm not sold on sauce either as a top 10 let alone top 5. very grabby, hasn't shown smarts, hasn't done well in run support.

10. GasedAndConfused

I think sauce is overated. not a top 5 talent in the draft. people are creaming over his stats of not allowing much, but look at the film. he's flat footed and grabby. much like antonio cromartie was for us. he'll be a penalty machine in the NFL. he's also not a great system fit and we already have reed and hall and echols for outside CBs where we have nothing at FS (joyner is old on a 1 year deal off injury and davis behind him isn't really starter material and is weak in the run game. hamilton is a top 2 prospect in the draft and fills a need and a hole and a more important position for us

11. Bills over Jets

I disagree on all 3 of those counts. Corner is one of the premium positions in the league, safety is not. Safety is never a more important position in a defensive scheme than a shut down corner, and Hamilton is not a better prospect imo.

James Hasty likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don’t even dislike Hamilton I was more baffled by the notion that the best player in the country at a premium position at four is bad but a safety at 10 is a dream.

13. GasedAndConfused

you obviously don't understand the scheme we run. we don't need premium CBs, we need fast smart players. we have hall and reed who we just paid good money too in FA as the starters. plus echols who flashed as a rookie as depth. sauce isn't able to play Ni or Di and you don't draft a CB that high to be a Ni. a ball hawk run stopping safety is more important. zone defenses don't need shut down man Cbs.

on top of that hamilton is way better. honestly your the only person who feels that way, all the outlets, scouts, and everyone everywhere thinks hamilton is the top or 2nd best player in the draft

14. GasedAndConfused

because sauce isn't the best player. not even close. and we don't run a man blitz scheme where top man Cbs are needed. it would make more sense in GW or rex ryans scheme. we also don't need a CB. on top of that personally I thik sauce is overrated and not even a top 10 guy. he's gonna be a penalty machine in the NFL.

15. Bills over Jets

Bro, I say this with all due respect... but your analysis of not needing a corner is extremely dumb. Hall is a 6th round pick and no one's heard of Reed nor do they care. This is a passing league and you will be facing the Bills passing attack and Tyreek Hill/Jaylen Waddle twice a year, not to mention the other 7 elite QB's in the stacked AFC. A 6th round pick and some no-name from a poor seahawks secondary is not enough. You have the opportunity to add a top flight cornerback, a prospect we've not seen at his position. On Hamilton, please tell me what reputable site has him going ahead of Sauce. There aren't many.

James Hasty and Brook! like this.
  16. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

This is an interesting debate and I enjoy the different perspectives, but just because a player is drafted in the sixth round doesn't mean he can't be good enough to start. That doesn't define Hall, his play on the field does, and that's been good.

cval and K'OB like this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

plus the fact he wouldn't have been a 6th rounder bar his injury, for once we hit on a real bargain.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Hall was a 6th rounder because he was injured. He was a day 1/2 prospect a year earlier. And because you don’t care about Reed doesn’t make him a bad player. I absolutely want Gardner at 4 if KT is gone but for actual good reasons.

cval likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm not saying I want Gardner at the 4, but he's a great system fit. He would play more than half his time in coverage as the outside zone corner, mitigating the criticisms you are laying on him as grabby, which are more apparent in man coverage. And I believe they can be fixed with Gardner anyway.

He would play more like Richard Sherman in this scheme than he would Cromartie (in a heavy man to man system the Jets dont even run, odd comparison). He would keep receivers in front of him, limiting big plays and not allowing anyone to make the catch over top of him.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Right on the money. the bold is key, and may I add, not forcing the safeties to play way deep to compensate for the rookies CB, allowing a huge open middle of the field and no blitzes from the secondary.

KingRoach likes this.