Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 3, 2022.
I'd counter and ask for them throw in a 2023 1st. A 2 and a 4 doesn't seem like enough to jump up 9 spots into the top 5 IMO.
Looking at the trade value chart we're getting the raw end of the deal by a decent margin.
4 (2200) for 13 (1150), 37 (530), 107 (80). "Losing" this trade by about 400 points.
10, 13, 35, 37, 38, 69, 107, 111, 117, 146, 163
That's 6 prime picks and 5 on day 3. Sounds like a dream scenario for a team with the Jets talent and depth problems.
My gut tells me that the difference between 4 and 13 in this draft is almost negligible. After the top 3 everybody is a question mark who is offset against somebody else who is a question mark. The safe picks are all at positions where the value is just not there on the 4 but would be on the 13.
So I like Sauce at CB but Stingley could easily be the better and by a large margin. The WR's are a total crapshoot with about a half dozen of them who could easily be the standout WR in the class. The Edges after KT and Hutch could easily boom or bust. The OL guys after Ekonwu also. The safety in the conversation is likely to be great but he is a safety and better taken in the middle of the round than at the top. The center is an end of the round early 2nd type guy and we might not even want him then because he's bucking the trend towards larger centers.
So would we rather have our choice at 4 of all the questions or one from menu A at 13 and a guy from menu B at 37?
The Jets need help on offense and defense and in a big way on both sides of the ball. One guy just doesn't do that for them. 3 guys would.
Sure, and I get all of that but if they want to trade up to 4 it's because someone is there that they REALLY want.
All of those picks sound great and I wouldn't hate it at all but I just think we should ask for more. Like I said, I don't think dropping down from 4 to 13 is ONLY worth a 2 and a 4. Gonna need at least a 2023 2nd or a 2023 3rd and one of their 2022 3rds (68/80) for me to pull the trigger on it.
I don't think HOU is looking to go that high (especially if Garrett Wilson is the target), but I would do it with Ekonwu gone.
At that point, the hope would probably be
10. Jermaine Johnson
13. Jameson Williams
At that point, you have 35, 37 and 38 (plus 69, 107 and 117) to maneuver for some combination of OL and defensive help.
Couldn't really figure out where to post this and didn't want to start another draft thread, so...
Some personal pre-draft observations:
1. Edge is the defense's equivalent of QB. If you look at the sack leaders over the past decade one thing is clear, get your guy in the top half of round one or you might as well wait until next year.
Be wary of late risers, combine warriors, and so-called "sleeper picks". They are less likely to produce.
That being said, I still have KT and Hutch as 1 and 1a, with Karlaftis right behind.
2. "Kayvon's outside interests will take his focus away from football." BS, give me the guy who wants to win at everything he does. That's the mentality I want, those guys become all-time greats. (Different sport but, do you think MJ's or Lebron's outside interests took away from their game?)
3. "ACL tear isn't a big deal anymore." Statistically proven to be false. Wide receivers coming off of a torn ACL are outperformed by there counterparts by a significant margin. I think it was Brad who posted the statistics.
Williams is off the board for me for that reason.
4. "A top flight CB isn't a need in this offense." Maybe not, but good ones are. Saleh has repeatedly said that generating a pass rush is a combination of DL play and coverage. They work hand in hand and are equally valuable in his scheme.
5. "Pressures are as good as sacks". Are you kidding me? Name one OC that schemes to stop the "pressure guy". They scheme to stop the guy that gets sacks.
6. Douglas has already shown that he wants to add a top flight WR to this group. If no trade happens for a proven wodeout by draft time, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets trade up into the teens to grab one of London or Wilson.
I think we lose sight of the fact that the Jets did not start the 2021 season trying to run SanFrans offense, they wanted to run Green Bay's offense and stretch the field.
7. Regardless what happens tonight, they'll be plenty of bitching and moaning tomorrow. Me included.
*edit #4 because I meant to write DL but wrote OL instead.
Great post. Regarding above, I want to say, me 2
So are you gased and confused after being completely wrong? LOL
i'll eat that crow for sure, but it was still against everything JD normally does. even a broken clock is right twice a day
Thank you JD for making my dream come true.
Gotta say..........this is a dream day scenario thread. Lots of great ideas and big wishes, but nobody here came close to putting together the fabulous draft that Douglas actually accomplished. I was amazed !!!!
I have to say that some of my dreams turned out to be nightmares, and some of the best things in my life I didn't have the imagination to dream of. This draft fits that second category. I'm glad Douglas and Saleh have the imagination and knowledge to pull something like this draft off.
Did anyone get the 1st 3 picks right? I don't want to go through this whole thread.
I think the only one I got right was JJ. Most of my draft was predicated on them taking Ekonwu, and definitely not taking Sauce, so there go my drafting credentials!
No, but I got what I asked for on day 2.
I got Sauce and top wide receiver. I didn't expect them to take a running back so early. I thought they made amazing picks and it shows why JD is the GM and we're not.
Im done being upset…
The Jets don’t deserve to win this game…
Winning may only serve to keep Zach in the driver seat longer…