What are your DREAM Draft Day Scenarios for the Jets?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Jets trade 4th and 38th to Eagles for 15,16,19

10 - Jermaine Johnson
    15 - Kyle Hamilton
    16 - Derek Stingley
    19 - Jordan Davis
    35 - Jameson Williams

Dream scenario lol

Jojo and Noam like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Penny,

I like all of your dreams except the trade up. IMO that would be a huge mistake. If we trade up we burn picks that we could use to add a Linderbaum or a Hill, and we might not even wind up with the WR we really wanted, but merely the best of what's left. I'd rather trade down from #10, adding 2nd and 3rd round picks this year, and a 1st or 2nd next year. In that way we get more players, not less.

We can add an Edge at #4 and add Hill at #35 and they would have a huge impact upon the D. We could get our WR for Zach at #10. Then #38 could be used to get Travis Jones the run-stuffing DT we need. That would be three HUGE pieces for the D. We could also take KT at #4, our WR at #10, then take Linderbaum at #35 and Hill and #38. If we trade up, there will be no Hill, no Linderbaum, and no Jones.

KT seems like a great prospect, but so does Jermaine Johnson. I'd be happy with either at Edge. I love Hill, but also love Lewis Cine, and Jaquan Brisker. Adding any two (1 each of Edge and S) would greatly improve our D.

Adding Linderbaum would be great if he fell to #35.

#22 NCJetsfan, Apr 3, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    Noam likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I like your dream draft the best. I like most of the players you drafted and love the fact that you traded down and added 2 additional early picks this year, rather than adding them next year. I don't like the trade back up, but like taking Dean with that pick, and we'd still wind up with 9 picks. My only concern would be Edge. I like Ebiketie a lot, but passing on KT or J. Johnson would be hard and more than a little scary. If that didn't work out, JD would never live it down Adding Hill, Dean, Ebiketie, and Jones would definitely make the D a lot better. Walker and Strange would improve our OL depth (I think Walker is the better prospect of the 4 OTs you mentioned). Wilson and Ruckert would give Zach and the offense two more excellent weapons, and Allgeier would give us a nice complement to Carter. I don't know Dontario Drummond, but like that your flexibility in saying "or another WR for depth and development"

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

My dream scenario is some super desperate team trades up with us and we absolutely fleece them.

jixxjr, Brook!, Br4d and 2 others like this.
  5. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

You ok, bud??

:D:D this is my kind of humor!

Brook! and NCJets like this.
  6. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

My dream scenario would be that JD works out a trade with Robert Kraft for the entire team except the QBs (cuz I like Wilson).

7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

that Jet fans here and abroad dont act like a buncha knucklehead goombahs

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

a weirdo and his adolescent sidekick, I like it

[​IMG]

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Douse yourself in Dettol young man and consider yourself scolded and put on the naughty step as well.

You utter wrong un

10. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

All I ask for is this: DO NOT draft secondary in the first round. The last think I want is the next Kyle Wilson or Dee Milner.

11. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

What about the next Revis? Although I do agree w you.

Royal Tee likes this.
  12. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

For every secondary example you can find, I’m sure with our team you could come up with a few for almost every position. Including DL remember Robertson/Gholston. Works both ways, just need to have better scouting and hopefully the right GM pulling the trigger. I wouldn’t mind DE or CB first round or both!

13. HackettSuxTNG

It's alot easier to trade for a Revis than to draft one.

14. HackettSuxTNG

I hear what you are saying, but we seem to have the worst bust/star ratio when drafting the secondary. At least on the DL, we had some good picks over the years.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Easier for the Jets to fleece the Pats for Wilson. Then you can just root Pats and you are good.

I'd trade Wilson for the guy they took even up with no questions asked. And I think that guy is a career backup. A good one probably.

16. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I think first I'd like to see the Jets trade two 2nds and a 4th or 5th for DK Metcalf. Thats a little bit less than what was offered for Hill, which I think is fair.

Move back from the tenth pick to recoup one of the second round picks. I'm thinking like somwhere between 18-20. Draft value wise, that's where they'd have to move to get a 2nd rounder back.

I'd then address pass rusher with the fourth pick, and then OL/LB with the next two picks. That addresses most major needs while also losing only one premium pick for Metcalf.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Not going to try to predict trades although I do think JD packages one of 35/38 + 69 or a future pick to move back into the first.

Give me:

#4 -- KT
    #10 -- Wilson
    #35 -- Lewis Cine or Daxton Hill

PJ4Ever likes this.
  18. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I agree that secondary need not be a high priority, but not because of draft history. Unless there's a specific reason why drafting a DB in the 1st is riskier than others I'm not thinking of, why should a couple missed draft picks by past regimes 8-12 years ago have relevance now?

NCJetsfan and PJ4Ever like this.
  19. HackettSuxTNG

Are you suggesting that this franchise is not hexed?

20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Dream scenario for me is an EDGE at #4 (not sure which I prefer) and London at #10. In the 2nd round I'd like an OL or S with one pick and probably a TE with the other, though it's seeming that early 2nd round might be a bit of a reach for a TE in this draft so I'd be happy with OL+S with our 2nd rounders as well. I could get behind another WR in the 2nd also given that there's likely to be some value taking a WR there.

That's assuming no trade downs. I'd also love to trade down from #4 into a later spot in the top 10 and pick up another late 1st or early 2nd round pick in the process. I don't like the idea of trading down from #10 because I think that's going to be a prime spot for us to take almost any WR we want which I consider essential in this draft.

ColoradoContrails and PJ4Ever like this.