What are your 2022 NFL Draft NIGHTMARE Scenarios?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Thibs gives me weird vibes also.. he's Jadeveon Clowney at BEST imho

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think the rumors are a bunch of crap that an NFL team put out there because they're hoping that they can make him drop. It wouldn't surprise me if it were the Giants.

Read the article that Noam posted where it interviews the famous trainer who has been working with KT since he was 16.

Sack exchange likes this.
  3. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Honestly the only nightmare scenario for me at the moment would be Hutchinson falling to No. 4 and then passing on him

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You can disagree, but many scouts and a few NFL teams disagree with you.

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/f...lyst-says-kayvon-thibodeauxs-effort-is-spotty

It was also a bad look dropping out of the drills in Indy.

Like I said earlier, I hope he becomes a great player and proves me and many others wrong, but where there is smoke there is fire. I've watched a lot of tape and there are some terrific moments and some that look like he shows no interest.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

One of the many updated mocks by the experts today has the Jets trading the First pick to Atlanta for their number 8, plus their second round and third round picks, and a 2023 third. Total dream land but what the heck. That would be amazing for us. At 8 and 10 there are a ton of possibilities plus with three 2 rounders we could do some major upgrading in areas of need, which are plentiful.

6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I’ve been saying for a while that Atl or Sea will pull the trigger for their guy. We have the pick to jump their division rivals.

LAJet likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Thanks for the link to the article. I respect your opinion and I respect Jeremiah, McShay not so much. I never like these anonymous comments by NFL "teams" and scouts. If they're going to say something like that, they need to be man enough to put their name with it. It could all be true, some of it could be true, or none of it could be true on comments like that. I would say that "supposedly" a number of scouts and NFL teams disagree with me. Unless I see names and teams responsible for those comments, I take them with a grain of salt like I do all the other positive hype and comments, and comments by GMs and HCs at this time of year. I watched quite a few videos on every one of the top Edge prospects. In every single one of them, there are some terrific moments, and some not so terrific moments. In most of them, there are moments where it looks like the player shows no interest, is coasting, or dogging it. My memory may be faulty at this point, but if I recall correctly, the only two Edges I don't remember seeing showing lack of effort/interest are Hutch and Ebiketie. They all need work on fundamentals, on one technique or another, or on multiple techniques, most need to learn more moves, some need to get better at setting the edge.

The thing is there is no such thing as a perfect prospect. I know that you like Jermaine Johnson a lot. Well, Michael Nania and Joe Blewit have a lot of negative to say about Johnson, but you still like him. There are positives and negatives for every single one of the top 10 Edge prospects in the draft. The same goes for the top WRs, top CBs, top LBs, etc.

I don't have the advantage of watching the players do drills in person, can't interview them, and even if I could, don't know all the right questions to ask. I trust JD. If he takes KT I will be happy and will root/hope for the best. If he passes on KT and takes Johnson, I will be happy and root/hope for the best. If he passes on both of them and takes one of Boye Mafe, Karlaftis, Arnold Ebiketie or David Ojabo, I will be happy and root for the best. If he skips all of them and takes Bonitto, Cam Thomas, or Myjai Sanders, I'll be concerned, but I'll give JD the benefit of the doubt and root/hope for the best. I just want him to take the right or best players for the Jets, ones that will be very successful and help turn the team into a winner. I'd rather be wrong and JD be right than the opposite (unlike some posters here).

Did he give a reason for dropping out of the driils in Indy? If not, I agree that's not a great look, but still he's ranked #10 by Jeremiah, he didn't drop to #20 or out of the top 50. If he's still a top 10 player in the draft giving effort 75-80% of the time, that will still be light years better than anything we've had at Edge in decades. People loved Abraham, but he dogged it at times, didn't play if he had a minor injury or was a little sick. I trust, JD, Saleh, Ulbrich and the Scouts to figure it out. That's why I love the way JD has them evaluate players. No one influences the others. Then they each share and discuss. I think that method is less likely to wind up with low effort, bad attitude-type players.

#47 NCJetsfan, Mar 29, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    westiedog1 and WW85 like this.
  8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I always enjoy your perspective, even when we disagree. KT is extremely athletic, I disagree with some scouts (and the importance) saying he isn't a natural "bender" rushing the passer, which isn't necessarily an absolute important factor. Every pass rusher has their own technique and KT is still very effective. As I mentioned, my concerns are more consistent effort and I wonder about his total devotion to be dedicated to his craft. That Indy withdraw bothered me and he acted like it was no big deal, it turned off some scouts. I've seen interviews and KT comes across very well, is articulate and is even an avid Chess player, something I respect since I love the game.

I could be wrong, but I believe JD and Saleh may have concerns....Will KT be a player they want???.....since they preach culture and "players that love the game"....it's almost a Saleh mantra. That's why if available at # 4 and we have a chance at KT or Sauce, I think the Jets may lean to Sauce.

As far as Joe Blewit, I think, in general he does a good job breaking down players and their ability. Sometimes I think he over emphasizes certain aspects as too negative and I see some things from a different perspective. I saw his review on JJ and he was critical on some hand placement and not making moves inside. You have to remember, Blewit picks the plays he is evaluating. I didn't get the impression he hated JJ, just he felt there were quite a few aspects of his techniques he needs to work on. Breaking down plays is only part of the evaluation. I watch games and most of my opinions come from the production of a player, I call it the eye test. Have I been wrong? , absolutely. Hindsight is 20/20...but before last year's draft I loved AVT & E. Moore, but had some concerns on Zach Wilson. 2020, I hated the Mim's pick and was concerned about Becton's weight.

I loved the Sam Darnold selection, didn't like Josh Allen and a few years back I loved OJ Howard, he was one my favorite TE's and he's been a disappointed, So what I'm trying to say, this isn't an exact science. A lot of people don't realize, what team drafts you has a huge effect on a player's success. I'm more Old School and tend to place off field concerns and lack of 100% effort high in importance

If we draft KT, I will be his biggest fan rooting for him, since he will part of our TEAM.

#48 WW85, Mar 29, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Regarding KT -

What it comes down to is whether he's truly been off-putting to as many teams as rumored or if there's one big case of groupthink going on, where a few teams decided they didn't like his attitude which essentially made other teams take issue with things they wouldn't have before.

I will say, it's an awful lot of smoke for there not to be at least some fire. Almost every prominent draft analyst you listen to seems to think he'll probably be the 3rd or 4th pass rusher off the board. It's pretty overwhelming.

WW85 likes this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

To me the KT selection will hinge not on just talent buy traits JD and RS value heavily, like leadership, passion for the game, speed and all out effort on every play.

WW85 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Same BS came when Miles Garrett was #1 pick, luckily browns didn’t listen to the nonsense. Clowney is good player, if not spectacular. Is disruptive as defender. The gholston pick still haunts me, he was consensus pick 6 that year. Not a peep about any issues. Physically he looked like a beast. And Tanny regime at the time had some success with drafts. Not sure what happened there, he was just not good!! If we had not taken him, the next team would have. But to be honest that overall 1st round draft class that year was not good either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. NCJetsfan

Thanks. I always enjoy your perspective on things as well. I will say immediately that if KT doesn't love the game that I agree that JD and Saleh probably won't want him, and I wouldn't either. I want a player who loves the game, wants to be great, and will work his ass off. I'd rather have a lesser-talented player who loves the game, wants to learn and be great and will work his ass off, than a more talented player who doesn't love the game, works only as hard as he has to or tries to get by on natural ability alone.

I agree on Blewitt. He knows the game, but is very amateurish in how he does his videos, rambles, mumbles too much. and I find I can't listen to them for long. I do watch game videos of players I'm interested in, and then read everything I can about them.

I never liked Sam Darnold, and didn't want him. I liked Allen until I let some posters talk me out of him, and then settled on Mayfield. I wanted Mahomes, but knew that Mac would never take him after taking that stiff Hackenberg in the 2nd round the year before. I watched every game that Zach played in college that's available. I watched analysis videos of his play, and read everything I could find. I was and still am convinced that he's going to be a star, a great QB in this league. I loved Becton and wasn't concerned about his weight. Perhaps I'm too naive or trusting, but I figured that with his desire to be great, that he would do what he needed to do to keep his weight under control. There were other WRs I liked a lot more than Mims, but knew we had to take a LT with our 1st pick rather than a WR. I liked Mims, but was not aware that he had a limited route tree. I honestly didn't think that JD would take a WR in his first draft. It had been so long since we had a GM who did take a quality WR prospect early, that I was resigned to the fact that he was going to draft OL and defense.

13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Not drafting a receiver in the first two rounds, especially if we don't trade for one.

Drafting Derek Stingley.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.