What’s Berrios Worth (POLL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jan 21, 2022.

Tags:
?

What’s the most you’d pay for Berrios - 3 yr contract? - (POLL)

1. $3mm/yr max

2. $4mm/yr max

3. $5mm/yr max

4. $6mm/yr max

5. $7mm/yr max

6. $8mm/yr max

7. Hopkins Money

8. Robby Anderson Money

9. $9mm/yr max

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. nyjetsgreen

nyjetsgreen Active Member

You sign this guy he is all pro returner has the one lowest drop percentage in the NFL. He is great on gadget plays and is dangerous in the open field reminds me of Wayne Chrebet Cooper Kupp hybrid. What people on this board discounting having Davis Moore and a #1 WR players get hurt you need depth. Also rumor has it NE will make a run at Berrios hate to have this guy burning this team twice a year sign him stop being cheap they are 54 million under the cap 4 year 24 to 28 million gets it done.

ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You sign this guy because your number 2 overall drafted QB has chemistry with him and trusts him. I don't care if you have to have to overpay a bit.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah but davis and moore don't have an injury history. i'm hoping it's just a fluke
    Davis did have some drop issues. moore didn't though. davis never did before, I think it's the velocity difference from tannehil to wilson. with that said wilson was asked who he had the most chemistry with going into the season and davis was his answer

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yeah, it lasted one game, pre-season is pre-season, in reality, they were all over the place after game week 1 but 'Velocity' aside accuracy was surely more the issue on a lot of those drops.

I was, however, attempting a little humour, again.

ps Moore started off a little dropsy and then got in the swing of it once Wilson was injured and it continued on his return, well, until Moore got injured as well.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

it took some time to gel as a team but towards the end of the year and some spurt sin the middle the offense looked good.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s almost systemic at this point with bad franchises.

I was listening to the radio a couple weeks ago and they mentioned that Kevin Zeitler was previously a rock solid guard for the Bengals & Browns for years. He goes to the Giants for two years and is awful and then leaves and goes to the Ravens and is once again an above average guard.

There’s something to be said about playing with better players and all. But it feels like the same thing happens with us and players like Davis. A previously very reliable pass catcher with good hands even without a lot of down field ability. He’s played with several different quarterbacks in Tennessee. He comes here and suddenly can’t catch.

It’s bizarre.

ColoradoContrails, cval and K'OB like this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Davis' drops might come from feeling to much pressure to be the "the guy". He wasn't that guy in Tennessee; they had AJ Brown and Derrick Henry. I'm hoping being surrounded by an improved Elijah Moore and another talented rookie or a quality veteran like a Ridley or Cooper will improve that.

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I will lose a lot of faith in JD if Berrios does not return. It is akin to letting Cotchery walk.

9. K'OB

Let's hope it continues next season.

All we want is something to cheer for.

10. GasedAndConfused

exactly. I don't expect playoffs but I want to have a healthy team that competes and plays close and isn't out of the playoffs by week 8

K'OB likes this.
  11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I believe Moore was hurt on three different occasions this season. He had an injury in camp then a concussion then the Quad. That should make JD cautious enough to bring in another number 1 type receiver because based on this past season Moore was injury-prone.

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  12. K'OB

Yes, it is hard to deny, hopefully, it is just teething problems and he gets stronger or more durable, as I believe the lad has all the talent and we have drafted a very handy player.

ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think 6M is the ceiling for me. 3 year/18M or 4 year/24M seems reasonable. Give him the extra year if it helps as I'd think JD will structure an "out" after the 2nd year anyway.

14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Agreed. JD has a penchant for being overly cheap out of principle. It's better than being overly spendy but there's a time and a place for paying up a bit and this is one of them. The market for guards in FA last year was another one. JD opting for value guys rather than good players led to Wilson getting lit up because of GVR.

15. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

even when we sign/draft a #1, Berrios can be such a value because of his ability & intellect, he
    can play any WR position, and we know he will be needed because of the injury issues that occur
    every season....I say he is worth 6-7mill per

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Only if we replace him with a much older, over the hill version a la Derrick Mason. Danny Amendola around?

cval likes this.
  17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Or Brashad Perriman.
    Based on JDs track record it’s hard to have confidence when it comes to managing re-signing players and FA in general.

That said, Berrios is not a piece you break the bank for.

18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Based on what exactly?
    Anderson put up near 100 catches for over 1k yds, and defenses have to cheat a safety his way because he’s an effective big play threat.

only in Jet land do we villainize ex Jets who’ve actually produced, while overrating current players based on potential.
    That is until they become ex Jets themselves. Then they suck.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's my one concern with Douglas. His FA hasn't been spectacular, and it needs to be (or close to it) this year.

cval likes this.
  20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think next year the average salary will be about $4million per year (something like that anyway, based on spending the entire cap). I think he is a lot more than an average player and I want to keep him. I think $6m per would be fine and I’d probably go higher. Sometimes I think we get so obsessed with finding elite talent that we discount the importance of those who are just really good.

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.