We've got ourselves a center Trey Teague (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by beanball, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Wow i was away from society for four days and i come back too see these new signings. This is great i love it now we can seriously concentrate on the draft without having so many holes to fill to make it confusing

2. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Bills' Teague replaces Mawae

Bills' Teague replaces Mawae
    BY KEN BERGER
    Newsday Staff Writer
    Can we stop the mangold talk now.. Teague is starting this year.

#122 hydro51, Apr 13, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  3. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

Wow. Good signing. This will give Katnik time to contribute in a backup role and possibly take over in the future (assuming his development goes swimmingly).

Hopefully this means we're going to grab either Marcus Mcneil or Deangelo Williams (if he happens to drop) at 29.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

5. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

I'm not going to read too much into what a few people on a Bills board are saying about him.

Their comments are very general. Mostly along the lines of "he's swiss cheese". There's not really saying anything that has any substance to it.

If they actually got into specifics about WHY they consider him a bad center, then I would say there may be reason for concern.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I've watched him play vs. the Jets and I share the sentiments of the Bills fans. Granted I don't have the kind of knowledge about the guy that I do a lot of the Jets, I've seen enough of him to declare with confidence: he sucks.

7. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

See....now at least THAT has a little substance.

8. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

The Bills fans up here in Buffalo are pissed that they lost him. dont listen to this hype. They are all just trying to convince themselves that they are not pissed at the loss. Trey was the only good olinemen the bills had last year, and now they are down to ZERO! He can handle the job, and we should be happy with the signing.

9. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Oh definitely - He's a nice backup and fill in player - But, you still need to draft youth to develop under him...

These people who thing cheap FA's drastically change the draft board are nuts.

10. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Not fair - The Jets have the most expensive DT in the history of Football.

11. MawaesDaMan

MawaesDaMan New Member

The beauty of this signing by the FO is again, it gives the team options. If they dont think Katnick is the future, and are ok with Teague in the short term, they can take Mangold, or they can pass, and pick up Eslinger later, or even another guy deeper, but we are not going into the draft with a complete void at a position. Worst case this provides depth, best case, we get a starter and can take BPA at each spot in the draft. I am very pleased with what Tangini is doing.

12. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

The more I think about it, the more I think we still draft Mangold. Teague would be a nice backup all along the line, which I like, but, as we all acknowledge, he's a hold the forter. Now, if, say, someone we liked fell all the way to 29 we won't have to pass him up just to fill a hole at center.

13. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

The Bills fans up here in Buffalo are pissed that they lost him. dont listen to this hype. They are all just trying to convince themselves that they are not pissed at the loss. Trey was the only good olinemen the bills had last year, and now they are down to ZERO! He can handle the job, and we should be happy with the signing.

14. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Agreed. The singing worried me at first because I don't want to have to go around replacing linemen every year or two. I want continuity (on the line), but I also want flexibility (in the draft).

15. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

Exactly. Teague (if nothing else) provides us with depth at a very very thin position.

I say damn what the Bills fans are saying. This was a smart signing.

16. baamf

baamf Active Member

I started a thread over at Billszone when I first heard the Jets were interested. You can check it out if you are a member at the following

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=96009

Most thought he is no great loss and was a liability on their line. Many thought he spent most of the time on his back and didn't have very many nice things to say. A couple said he could be serviceable if he has some huge guards next to him. Definitely not a glowing endorsement....

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

This is a solid signing. It looks like Team Mangini is workin it out.

18. Zcore

Zcore New Member

Good job by the GM.....can't wait for the draft!! curiousity is killing me

19. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Can I ask a question? If Teague was such an important part of the Bills, why did they replace him the first chance that they got?

I'm starting to think that if Tangini took Brodie Croyle with the #4 pick in the draft they'd be praised around here.

20. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I think you're exaggerating. I don't know if you were a Herm supporter, but Herm would have apologists excuse him or hype him up for every single decision he made or didn't make, so why can't Mangini get the same treatment for awhile atleast? I don't think it's gotten to the point that Herm had it yet atleast.