Wes Welker out for 2010-2011 season w/ a torn rotator cuff (unconfirmed)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Steve032, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

http://bigrips.wordpress.com/2010/03/12/wes-welker-is-out-for-the-2010-2011-season-with-torn-labrum/

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I call hornet, mainly because of this:

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Yea I'm not sure what to think of it, but its been floating around twitter a lot. I wonder how he even tore his rotator cuff, I can imagine he has been very active lately

4. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

God please lets this not be Hornet, please please please

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

ESPN Boston confirmed that Welker has a torn rotator cuff...

I just got this from Adam Schefter's twitter page:

I'm not sure if he'll miss the entire season, but he definitely has a torn rotator cuff to go with that completely shredded knee.

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

From ESPN:
    In addition to undergoing surgery to repair torn ligaments in his left knee, Patriots receiver Wes Welker is also recovering from a torn rotator cuff this offseason, according to a source close to the situation.

The source said the knee, not the rotator cuff, remains Welker's primary obstacle in returning for the 2010 season, but Welker believes that he will play.

Welker
    Welker, 28, led the NFL with 123 receptions last season despite missing two games and leaving the season finale on the Patriots' fourth offensive play after injuring his knee.

Teammates often marveled at the big hits the 5-foot-9, 185-pound Welker absorbed, only to see him spring back to his feet. Welker's knack for doing that had rookie receiver Julian Edelman, his projected replacement in 2010 until his return, calling him "Rocky" at one point last season.

News of Welker's rotator cuff injury started circulating in the blogosphere Friday, with blogger Seth Davis tipping off Boston-area media outlets.

Welker's torn rotator cuff was later confirmed by ESPNBoston.com.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

EDIT: When the fuck did he tear it?

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The Gaytriots definitely have a need at receiver now. Watch them go after Golden Tate - he'd be incredibly annoying in their offense.

9. ........

........ Trolls

All we can do is hope they're somehow convinced Edelman is enough.

Of course, it would also mean they weren't taking Graham...anything to get him to fall to us...

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

My heart would be torn out on draft day.

11. Freeman_McNeil#24

OK, I dont post much but I check the website often and i have no idea what calling "hornet" means. I have seen this often lately and my assumption is that it means some sort of unfounded speculation. If anyone could give me the heads up that would be great. Thanks!

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

GreenHornet was a member that lied about having terminal brain cancer to get sympathy from the board. Later through collective efforts it was determined that it was a pathetic lie. He also lied about being heterosexual - yet to be confirmed but I have insider sources. (UPS Guy)

Thus, calling hornet is the equivalent of calling bullshit on a story.

13. ........

........ Trolls

EDIT: Rockefella explained it first.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

A poster who once shoved a shower nozzle up his ass informed everyone that he has brain cancer. It was later discovered that he does not have cancer. He was banned from the board.

His handle was GreenHornet. So anything fake or unreliable or speculative = hornet.

15. ........

........ Trolls

It would probably be beneficial and interesting to compile a list of poster name-inspired terms. I nominate Yisman to compile such a list and post it for all. Cakes reminded me that we have at least a few others.

16. Freeman_McNeil#24

OK....it was what I thought but with a better story than I had imagined attached to it. Amazing what people will do for attention....what a douche!

17. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

He probably played with it part of last year, if you can take the pain you can still play WR with one, it certainly isn't going to keep him out any longer than the Knee would anyway. He probably just decided to have the surgery on the shoulder since he was out with the knee anyway.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ugg mine would too. he was not a guy i loved at notre dame but it would still be a killer

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

If this ass jockey is done for next season i will rejoice naked on the Long island expressway.

20. IATA

IATA Trolls

I don't mind him as a player, but I'm glad he wont hurt us next year. He's too good.