Well Boys. What do we do from here?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 21, 2018.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I would love to hire a head coach with some previous head coaching success in the NFL. I really don't want a first-time head coach who has to learn on the job. As we've seen from a past couple of hires, they don't necessarily improve with time.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I think the issue is, is when you make the same mistakes over and over and show no emotion the 2 don't bode well. You want to be the quiet type that's fine but regardless of personality you have to actually deliver. He doesn't deliver + he is blank faced = ???????

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I have no qualms with anybody complaining about him making the same mistakes over and over -- I make those same complaints about him. Further, I don't think he coaches aggressively enough, basically ever. I don't think he instills nearly enough discipline in the team, on the field or off.

I just don't understand how the "+ he is blank faced" is a thing. Why is that more upsetting than if he didn't deliver + he was theatrical about it?

4. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I still think this team needs a Quenton Nelson or two more than we need another coaching staff.

Kind of unfortunate there was no way to get him AND a good QB (more important) other than Cousins who spurned us but I think if the Jets managed to get a really + offensive line put together our coaches would look a lot smarter. Not to mention the inverse is true. If we can't fix that any coach you put in there isn't going to look too bright as their QB gets rolled over more often than not.

Now.... I'm by no means saying the coaching staff doesn't leave room for improvement. Its just my opinion that the OL is the priority and should be close to the sole laser concentrated focus of the entire organization in the coming offseason.

5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

With the way things are going in the NFL this season, the Jets might win the next 5 games.

The Phins are 3-0, the Browns should be, the Bills just blew out the Vikings, and the Lions just owned the Pats in the same place that we destroyed them in week one.

But if we’re 2-6 at the halfway point it’s time for a shake up, even if it’s an unworthy interim for 8 games. Kevin Green, step right up and take your shot.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And with young players, I think a strong, experienced, disciplined, steady hand is needed. Even if all the Jets' young players develop, I don't think that Bowles has the right philosophy, approach or skills to get us to deep in the playoffs.

#146 NCJetsfan, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    KWJetsFan likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

I agree. Actually, imo not delivering and being stoic/blank faced is being consistent. He would be even more incompetent if he was "theatrical" and animated, and still couldn't get the right results (Herm).

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Because when you combine the same mistakes over and over with someone who appears to be lobotomized it creates a perception he has no urgency. The two go hand in hand to create the perception.

If someone you knew kept repeating the same mistakes over and over and each time telling you that it would never happen again, then when it does and you ask about it this person stares blanky at you, would you not want to smash their head into a table?

9. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

The way I see it, the CS is and should be on the hot seat.

Tear the roof off of the O. Take shots down the field occasionally, get creative with the plays, run the hurry up at an unexpected time (when you like the personnel the D has on the field) let Darnold sink or swim

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

In your scenario, I'd just think that the person's priorities/understanding of the game was wrong/bad, that he wasn't dealing with reality, and was therefore perhaps insane, or that he was a players' coach who wanted to be liked, and blindly thought that if the players liked him, that they would give their best and discipline themselves so as not to disappoint or let them down. If he was someone who got pissed, yelled at his team, and took other steps to change the behavior and still didn't succeed, then I'd think he was just flat out incompetent and didn't have the team's respect or fear. In the end, it doesn't matter which a coach is. The bottom line is that he isn't competent, isn't getting the job done, and is yet another failure in a long line of failures for the Jets.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

If someone I knew kept repeating the same mistakes over and over and blew up in a rage every minute, or hit themselves in the face with a mallet, it wouldn't be any better.