Well Boys. What do we do from here?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 21, 2018.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Would the Sergeant Major let Crowell keep playing after the ass wipe?

2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Hell no.

I'm not saying Bowles is a good coach. I have serious reservations about him. But not because he's stoic.

Mostly because he tries to NOT LOSE instead of WIN....even that might be excusable if it ever worked.......

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Jim Harbaugh coaching my team would be a dream come true.:)

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Bowles needs to go.
    But Mac needs to go also, he already had a chance with a ton of cap room created by Idzik, I don’t think he deserves another chance to fuck it up again,

Clean house - Hire a VP of Football Operations who hires a GM who hires a head coach.
    It is amazing that the Jets cannot figure this out.

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree its Bowles holding this team back. I thought Herm Edwards coached scare this guy is the most timid coach in the league by far. He should not have had an NFL head coach job as his first. High school coaching is about his level.

Leicester Jet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Probably something about his competence, confidence and the ability to inspire that in others.

Relevance here?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. boozer32

Even with the talent level, the salary cap Bowles can't get the Jets to where they need to be. Tired of his stupid looks on sidelines. The entire team lack creativity. Bates is still trying that stupid pass play. The defense is as vanilla as they come. If there is a big play by the defense its because the offense messed up. How hard is it to convey to your team to stop doing stupid celebrations costing the team. If we are seeing these things you know its super easy for opposing teams to sniff out. Our 25 year old rookie defensive end I have yet to hear his name called in a game

8. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

boozer32 likes this.
  9. Jetsfansince95

its early but this draft is starting to look like a disaster minus maybe sam ... why do we always need to get cute and take projects ... year after year after year its the same ole story with this team come draft time and come season time ...

10. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed in bowles. He came from Arizona where Arians was always pushing the ball down the field and bowles def was getting pressure and turnovers .I thought he was going to build something like that here but honestly his philosophy is closer to Rex. I'm not even trying to make a joke it's just like Rex. Offense plays not to lose and defense can never make a difference when it matters

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I remember watching H.O.H.H. when I was about 8 or 9, and when that woman came floating across the room I screamed! Great movie! Much better than watching Bowles fuck up another game. Look on the bright side: you can now enjoy 3-4 hours every Sunday that you didn't think you would be able to do before!

NYJetsO12 and jetophile like this.
  12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Where's Shepard?? I was hearing so much about him and nickerson in the preseason

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Where we need to go, but probably won't, is to hire a Pres. of Football Ops. I've been saying that here for years. Let him evaluate Macc - and if we can't find a better option right now, Bowles - and then make whatever changes are needed after the season. And I mean WHATEVER. Fire Macc, Bowles, whatever it takes. Find somebody who knows offense to be the HC, enough of this "Defense wins championships" - how many has it won for the Jets? Take a step back and prioritize what the critical positions are on a team and make sure you have a stud at each of those spots. I think we have one for the QB in Sam, assuming he doesn't get killed paying for Bowles and Bates. Then Pass Rusher; then LT; wee should have the Safety locked up in Adams, and even better if Maye can stay healthy; Not only are we short on filling those positions, we've been short for years. What is so hard about figuring this out?

But it starts with somebody who can build a blueprint of a winning team and then execute it. Without that person, it's just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, which is what they've been doing since Werblin and Ewbank left. Hiring a Pres. of Football Ops could happen right now, and it would enable him to start getting a firsthand understanding of what needs to be done so that when the season ends he get right to it - or sooner if things get any worse.Maybe Mike Holmgren would like to come out of retirement and cement his legacy.

After 55+ year I'm sick of seeing other franchises do it repeatedly when we can't even do it once! Bowles should've been fired after 2016, and then again after last year, the ONLY reason not to fire him right now is who can come in and take over? Maybe Dennison who has a reputation of being a great teacher and with these young guys that would be helpful.

Something revolutionary has to happen to shake this franchise up from its 50 year slumber.

14. boozer32

For the season or just the last game?

15. Jetsfansince95

season

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Jetsfansince95

@Jedi mind tricks Nickerson is fitting right into our culture with taunting and showboating vets

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. ChrebetJet80

ChrebetJet80 New Member

The biggest problem is the roster has talent but is not consistent on week to week basis. Hell even a first half second half basis. And that has everything to do with coaching. If Bowles doesn’t do something drastic this teams identity for the rest of this season is gonna be we are the guys who opened up the beer fridges in Cleveland and we are packing it up and going through the motions.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. ChrebetJet80

ChrebetJet80 New Member

Exactly. I can’t remember the last time our HC was offense oriented, oh yeah Kotite.. uggh. The new NFL is offensive heavy and we must jump on board.

19. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I don't mind the team losing while Darnold grows.

I mind the WAY that they lost.

20. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

The Lions game is looking more like an outlier compared with the second half of last season and the last two games. Just not enough progress in this rebuild at this stage — and the same problems resurfacing as ever. Terrible discipline, we melt under pressure and coach scared with a lead.

Bowles and Mac have tried hard - seem nice guys but that hasn’t got it done. I compare our progress to the Jags recent rebuild (remember it wasn’t long ago they were horrendous) and we are miles behind. I’m not usually a fire everyone guy but in this instance I don’t see enough in terms of drafting success or coaching to keep them.

Bowled got out coached by Hue Jackson the other night. Time to cut him loose.