Well, atleast we got Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boogerstyles, Nov 22, 2007.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

What's your point? Are you saying when they did pass against us they weren't really trying? What a joke. Revis did very well yesterday against one of the best receivers in the game. Get over it.

2. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

No, I'm saying they had no reason to throw it big down the field.. we couldn't stop their run.

3. rillo

rillo New Member

Romo was looking down field most of the game we did a good job on pressure and coverage IMO....we had many chances on offense we just couldn't move the ball....we really missed Coles out there.

4. BigGorilla

BigGorilla New Member

The guy who wore 24 in SuperBowl III was one of my favorite Jet's players. I like this new guy already, he's got a lot of potential.

5. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

I agree............We just need to keep building this defense, regardless of what vick says....(he's in prison) keep adding parts to the lines....and then we can match up with anyone

6. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

folks DON"T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

we are THISCLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Seeing as you put it so well , you're right , hes garbage. hes in the right team , full of garbage and will never amount to nothing.
    I just loved the way he kept knocking TO to the ground because he was/is so crap.
    Geez JetsIn2004, Revis' primary concern is to stop the pass , which for the best part he did , and did well , rookie or not.
    Revis' assignment was to shut TO out of the game and it looked like that way for a good 95% of the game.
    You should sing his praise not because of his jersey but the fact that we have the CB that this team so badly needs without breaking the bank.

9. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Not breaking the bank huh? He has the absolute worst contract on the team.

It's a 4 year deal regardless of what you want to say AND you can't franchise him after the 4th year (its part of the deal).

Now onto the game. I'd dispute the "fact" you claim of him taking TO out of the game. TO was hardly shut out.... The game plan, however, focused on the run (smartly) and therefore passing downfield was not a priority. It could be because they respected Revis, but I choose to believe it's because they disrespected the front 7.

Either way you slice it, Revis is not a BAD player (I never said he's garbage) but let's not proclaim him a top 5 corner either. He's not even CLOSE to that. Teams still go after him...

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Please indicate a single reasonable poster on this board that ever called Darrelle Revis a top 5 corner.

11. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Implied by MANY.

12. abyzmul

Implied means shit. If we want to go by implications then you implied that Revis was a waste of a draft pick.

See how that works? Stick with what was said.

13. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I think most Jets fans think he has the potential to be a pro bowl top tier cb. At this moment he still is a rookie making rookie mistakes but he does so many positive things on a horrible defense with no pass rush and no other decent corners. I can't imagine how good Revis could be if he was on a team that could get pressure with 4. The sky is the limit but there are a ton of corners that are far and away better then him now.

14. Villmatic52

Villmatic52 New Member

Thanks Glenn, I really haven't smiled like this all for a long time! I love this team and I miss that feeling you get when it's sunday and there is a meaningful Jets game on tv.

They will absolutely be back next year! I have no doubt about it. Even if they do not sign anybody in the offseason, and I don't really know that many free agents except Faneca who could definitely help, this front office will have us nicely positioned after another tremendous draft, this time with all of our picks plus 1 (4th-kendall).

Who knows, we could trade away someone like McButterfingers, Dyson, Barrett and acquire players/picks.

Do you really think this team is that far away from competing?

15. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Care to translate into a logical thought?

16. abyzmul

Yes. Stop putting words into peoples' mouths to support your feeble argument.

17. Tight

Tight Active Member

Maybe we should trade revis for baxter from the browns....

18. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

Maybe if our QB and O Line decided to play some football, our D would've had more rest and played even better, they allowed as many points as the pats defense, but know the whole team will be bashed because of 6 players. I am mainly disappointed in the O-line, either people were wrong about the steelers D or the O-line cant handle playing well two games in a row, because they were completely atrocious. I kinda wanted to throw up watching the O-line and Clemens only added fuel to that raging fire.

19. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Shouldn't the others do the same?

Argument is hardly feeble. Watch some replays of the games.. NOT 1 GAME, ALL THE GAMES. Watch a crossing route... wait about 2 seconds, then watch Revis finally come into the picture. (ok, Im exaggerating for effect but you get my point).

Instead of running your mouth, if you read what I said about the crossing route, you could have looked into it.

Lee Evans, 83 yds to put a game away. No excuses with Elam hitting into him. COVER YOUR MAN. Don't want to hear excuses... they're for losers. There are other examples, but I've wasted enough time on an argry man already.

Teams are going to run ALL DAY ON US. Our front 7, maybe with the exception of Harris, blows. That will keep #s down alone. TO did not embarass Revis.. that's a plus. TO did not get embarassed or SHUT DOWN either. Dallas was too busy running the ball.

20. abyzmul

See, here's your problem. Everyone I read that is happy about Revis' development understands that he is young, but sees his progression. You, who say Revis isn't worthy of any real praise, seem to expect him to play like a Top 5 corner. We are putting this rookie on the top receiver for every team we play and the guy does well considering he's been on an island with no pass rush for the majority of the season. I have watched every game this season 3 times with the exception of the Pitt and Dallas games which I've only watched 1 time apiece so far.

No excuses with Elam knocking a sure interception out of Revis' hands? That can't possibly be the play you are talking about. It was a freak occurrence and obvious to anybody without an agenda, which obviously excludes you. You don't seem capable of watching this kid objectively, for whatever reasons you have. He has progressed through every game, visibly.

BTW, I'll run my mouth every time I see someone with a rudimentary and half-boiled argument that doesn't make sense.

#60 abyzmul, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007