Welcome to the Jets Zach Wilson - Round 1 pick 2nd Overall

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Apr 29, 2021.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

A team. Not just a superman QB. A team that can win at football.

It's true that the rules of professional football these days require an elite QB to create a consistent winner-- and that's why most people want a superhero at QB above all.

What I want above all is to roll the rule book back to 1977. It's not realistic, but that's what I want.
    Today's rules mean you're rooting for one dude, not a football team.

This is off topic, but you asked me to elaborate, so there you have it.

Ralebird, Wahoo, cval and 1 other person like this.
  2. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Depends what you mean by savior, if you're talking about a Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes type guy that's one thing, but at this point I would be happy with just a solid Alex Smith or Baker Mayfield type of guy. Doesn't have to be one of the best in league (though that would be nice), but someone in the top half of the league would be a nice change from 30-32nd in the league.

Noam likes this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

We can move on but a savior (note I’m aware the term is a bit hyperbolic) and a team are not mutual exclusive. They can coexist.

NCJetsfan and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Welcome to New York! We have nothing but the best hope for your career here. But be it known, if we catch you curled up in the lockerroom hiding behind your locker crying because that "Great big man was MEAN to me" we will help you pack and take you to the buss station!

legler82 likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

https://theathletic.com/2560642/202...ore-nfl-draft-observations/?source=dailyemail

Quote from the article:

"It didn’t take long for the Jets to fall head over heels for Wilson. They loved his accuracy, quick release and arm strength. They loved how he could contort his arm in different directions without sacrificing any of those traits. He showed a pro-level ability to work through his progressions and look off defenders. He could move within the pocket and outside of it. They saw someone who improved his decision-making from 2019 through 2020. They believed him to have a Pat Mahomes-like ability when forced to play off schedule. He had an innate awareness of what was happening around him. He took care of the ball. His competitiveness was off the charts. He had a natural swagger — someone who could motivate everyone around him.

The Jets finalized their Wilson evaluation at his pro day. Douglas and company then gathered back in Florham Park.

The consensus decision: If Darnold and Wilson were both in the same draft class, the Jets would select Wilson over Darnold.

And that was that."

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the best thnig is the jets aren't putting pressure on him. sanchez was the sanchize from day 1. sam darnold was the savoir. with wilson he was told it's the teams job to raise him up, not his job to raise the team up

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Take that Mel Kiper!

Noam, REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Right there with you. The NFL is all about the QB (one reason I enjoy the college game more these days). You know if a team loses their QB in game one, their season is over. And that shouldn’t be in a team game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoHeadedMonster and Noam like this.
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts. Yes, I can dream of a top 5 QB but after the last 12 years of QB play I would be thrilled to have an average QB and not have a bottom 5 QB and bottom 5 offense. After the last 12 years asking for anything more than average sounds quite greedy if not impossible. Let's get to an average NFL offense for once and then maybe we can start dreaming bigger.

50ShadesOfGreen and patleahy like this.
  11. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

sucks that the beginning of the season is 4 months away...wish it started tomorrow, lol.

GasedAndConfused likes this.