Welcome to the Jets Will McDonald IV

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Apr 27, 2023.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was hoping for JSN… I thought it’s been pretty obvious for a while we weren’t going OT but I thought JSN and a CD trade was the play.

I had heard rumors that Rodgers was the reason GB wanted CD last year so I get it.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  2. KingRoach

Yup, that’s the saying “you can definitely have too many pass rushers”

lol I’m dying. @Losmeister why would you block him, this kid is hysterical

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  3. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

While I was hoping for JSN, I understand the reasoning behind the pick. Huff is on a tender, and Lawson is on the last year of his deal. What seems like an extravagance today will be a need tomorrow.
    How many starting quarterbacks did we beat last season? Two? Gotta be able to shut those guys down as much as possible.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You appear to have very low IQ. Should we have 53 pass rushers perhaps?

#104 Borat, Apr 28, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    tomdeb likes this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

For a while? You mean since the last top one was gone right before our pick? Intelligence is not one of your strong suits is it?

tomdeb likes this.
  6. KingRoach

I’ve been posting non-OT for days. You’ve been replying for my call if no OT for days…. I’ve quoted myself in this thread posts that were made before the draft….I’ve started threads about not taking an OT… I’m not sure you should be speaking of intelligence or IQs if you cant follow a timeline….

7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Woke up bleary-eyed to catch the pick. Went back to sleep happy that we got the steal of the draft with Will Anderson at #15.

Reality a bit different.

Pepsiguy5 and abyzmul like this.
  8. KingRoach

9. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I’m calming down a little on the pick after some pretty decent words from a Pats fan who’s pretty knowledgeable on the draft. I still hate that the pick swap cost us our biggest need but… we’ll see I guess

Lon Chaney likes this.
  10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

A lot of experts in this thread should all apply to be GM.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  11. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

So, what should they have done? Should they have overdrafted an OT who didn't belong in the first round? The offensive line sucked last year, not because their players sucked but rather because all their tackles were lost to injury. Just because a player is lost to injury or young doesn't mean they stink. Mitchell played very well last year before he went out with the blood disorder and, incidentally, any OT they drafted would also have been "unproven" in the NFL. Mitchell is more proven than anyone they would have drafted as he played in the NFL last year and by all accounts he played well. Becton isn't out of shape now and is supposed to be doing very well. Brown, while old, played on a bad shoulder all last year and he was a probowler the season before last despite his age. AND if they are out injured again they can move AVT over to tackle and he played very well there last year before he was lost to injury. They also have good TEs and they can use them to chip or double team DEs if the need arises (which they did last year)

Real world you'd carry 4 tackles on your roster. 3 of them are good starting calibre NFL tackles and the fourth played OK last year as a backup. I guess you think they should have given big money to a free agent tackle to be their 4th tackle? Who was available and how much would he have cost? How much money do you want to have tied up in tackles who aren't starting? They were intending to draft an OT in this draft, but they were all gone by the time the Jets picked. At the end of the day, you can't assume that all the tackles on your roster will be out for the season - sometimes you just have bad luck.

12. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Saleh may end up sucking as a HC, bit he knows his D line. Im trusting them on this one

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Knowing how JD maneuvers, he was probably hoping to get Broderick Jones at 15 and then trade back up to take Will McDonald IV.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Premium pick for a premium position.

KingRoach, apjbfc, chandler and 2 others like this.
  15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Some positive predraft commentary for anyone looking to feel good about the pick:

https://theathletic.com/4144296/2023/01/31/senior-bowl-day-1-practice-report/

NCJetsfan, chandler and Lon Chaney like this.
  16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I knew the meltdown on here would be bad but I did not expect this.

As a few have said, you can never have enough pass rushers. Lawson & Huff are both gone next season and it’s possible they look to trade Lawson now to recoup some draft capital.

I would’ve preferred JSN but I’m never going to be upset about taking an EDGE in the 1st, especially one with this much bend off the edge.

NCJetsfan, Jets79, chandler and 2 others like this.
  17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I dont know anything about this guy--is it possible he can play a more traditional linebacker role like Kwon Alexander did for us last year?

18. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

With Pittsburgh trading up and no one willing to trade for 15, they kind of had to just go with the flow. This guy grades super well, it helps futureproof our pass rush, especially if we can dump Lawson, save money, and use it elsewhere (like a vet OT).

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

19. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

20. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

I’m hearing he is a chess piece