Welcome to the Jets Tyron Smith

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Frenbar, Mar 15, 2024.

1. MillerTime#22

MillerTime#22 Active Member

It’s a 1 year deal with base of 6.5M and incentives, what the fuck he sacrifice on the future?? What did he sacrifice now? Do you even know what the fuck you’re saying? I get your name is darksider and you’re negative. But get a clue bro. Since Tannebaum we have a somewhat competent GM and y’all wanna run him out of town. He knows he has this year to prove himself but yet hasn’t mortgaged the future to save his job. You want Maccagnan or Idzik back?? It’s annoying as fuck listening to most of y’all. Our window is 2 years and that’s what we need to load up for. We had 3 holes on the offense line and it’s now filled!! Is that not a feat in itself! “Simpson is another L. Tomlinson” that’s a dumbass comment that’s been going around. Did any of y’all know he was top 50 in ALL of the free agents this year? Get a fucking clue people. We now have flexibility with our draft pick. Has JD made mistakes, absolutely but has he done good? Hell fucking yeah. We have a talented roster that needs some tweaking and we can finally end the playoff drought but I feel that you negative Nancy’s will still not be satisfied. I’m tired of of the negative nonsense of the old heads around here. It’s exhausting.

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

20 million dollar 1 year deal is team friendly? Lol what?

Sent from my genius mind.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

This. How do you "sacrifice the future" on a one year free agent deal? It's not even mostly guaranteed money; it's an incentive-laden deal.

JetFanInNE and AtlantaJet like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We are well on the way to winning the off season again... :rolleyes:

Eat shit Payton!

NY Jets68, Cman68 and Jetsfansince95 like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think you have to see what the incentives are before calling it team friendly

if he gets a million dollars every time he ties his shoe it would suck

Ralebird likes this.
  6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

This year I disagree. Roger Rosengarten, Christian Jones, Javon Foster, and others. It’s a deep class

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

This is true, we don't know. But it would be really surprising if it were much other than around games played.

This definitely allows for more flexibility in the draft, which is exactly what I hoped JD would be able to do in free agency rather than having to force a need. It would be sweet to get one of the top WRs though with Smith and Moses both older and with some degrees of injury concern, it wouldn't be a bad move to go OT either. Getting an impact player for this year at 10 would be great yet then again a high quality backup OT would have been an impact player last year.

#87 JetFanInPA, Mar 16, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    NCJetsfan, Jets79 and BrowningNagle like this.
  8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

If it's 6.5 that is a good gamble

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ. Did you even read what the fuck I wrote? Or are you just attacking the first line? He has signed or traded for three guys over 30, the chances of them sticking together this year are slim to none. That's my point. Basic reading comprehension should tell you that the first line was a set up for the second line, meaning I knew going in he would try and sacrifice the future, and here's the key, I didn't realize he'd be sacrificing the present as well. Present! The main focus of the subject.

And for about the third or fourth time, it's not this signing that is bothering me, is the fact that it is grouped with other signings like it.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Odds are it’s games played and if he plays all 17 (hopefully more) then it will be worth every dollar. He’s elite when he’s on the field. His biggest issue is that sometimes he’s not. So this will be very cut and dry if it’s game played: you get paid only if you play.

NOVAJET likes this.
  11. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

There's only a handful of things an offensive lineman could have as achievables for incentives - number of games played, number of games started, team wins, team makes the playoffs, team makes the Super Bowl, team wins the Super Bowl, making the Pro Bowl, making All-Pro

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Percentage of snaps played as well. No matter how you look at it it’s a win for the team unless the incentive is “play 25% of the snaps and you get $13.5 mil”

13. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

This is fantastic. My enthusiasm/hope is rekindled for the upcoming season starting with the draft.

I think its about time to start planning the details of the confetti drop. Solid OL, vice president playing QB, some fantastic skill players. Just can't wait to see the magic Hackett draws up this fall.

NCJetsfan, ouchy and Centiment like this.
  14. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

It highlights the pathetic job that was done last year on the o-line tbh, still better late than never :)

#94 Centiment, Mar 16, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    NCJetsfan and Borat like this.
  15. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Garafalo is reporting that his incentives start at 38% of snaps and escalate from there.

That’s not a ton of snaps for Tyron to start getting more money but I can’t imagine he gets a huge chunk of that 13.5M just for hitting 38%. I’m sure we’ll get more details on this contract soon that spell out the incentive structure but still a huge fan of this signing.

If all these guys can stay healthy for 70%+ of this season, the OL will be vastly improved. Pretty big if though. Which is why I still think OT could be in play at 10.

NCJetsfan, ouchy and Borat like this.
  16. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Had to be done.

NCJetsfan and Jets79 like this.
  17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

With you here, and OT still in play if a guy like Alt or the other top tackles are there

18. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

So true lol, every article had him as a top 5 free agent at the biggest position of need and some are still not happy, unreal lol. Its honestly hard to fathom.

Imagesrdecieving, NCJetsfan and Borat like this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If one of the top 2 T are there at #10 I hope Douglas still takes them over anything else. Failing that, I'd prefer he now trade back a bit and still grab a highly rated T. This OL is nowhere near solid. He plugged a couple of holes with Moses and Smith, but he used paper mache. They're still one bad injury away from lousy, and with the age of those two guys, the odds are pretty high for a major injury. Plus, they need a long term solution at LT, so for me the pick is still one of the top stud T with the first pick.

20. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Would love a trade back then gram Mims or Guyton. Both have incredible potential in a OL loaded draft.

NCJetsfan and Borat like this.