Welcome to the Jets Sauce Gardner

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Apr 28, 2022.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

K'OB likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I recommend watching it on mute.

3. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Sauce, to me, makes the entire secondary make sense. But I not sure I see it the same as anyone else in this thread. I still see Hall as the other outside corner. But I envision reed being the match up corner, either inside or outside, but primarily slot. I see Echols/mcii/Guidry battle for the dime spot being very interesting. But all three match up well against the bottom half of any receiving corps. I’m concerned about safety and will be paying attention to Pinnock’s play this summer.

Though we never got the stud WR1 this off-season, we did turn the weakest unit of our D into a strength - and if we ever find a true ball hawk center fielder, we will have a truly lethal secondary. Makes me wish we had paid that extra in free agency for Marcus Williams.

All that to say, Sauce makes sense

4. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

I like how your GM has played this off-season.

Was hoping you would get Jameson Williams and Devin Lloyd in the first but what do I know.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

this is probably 1 case where everything worked out for us. KT was there at 4 if we wanted him, the guy we really wanted (sauce) was there. ATL took london over wilson leaving us the WR we wanted 10, and JJ fell so far we were able to move up and grab him to get our edge. Breece was there at 36 and we were able to jump the texans before they took him. usually we are always 1 pick away but this draft everything just seemed to go our way

LAJet and BacktoQueens like this.