Welcome to the Jets, Quinnen Williams.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Apr 25, 2019.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, the thing nobody talks about Mccagnan is how quickly his high draft picks are often afterthoughts in about a year. In 2016 he uses a 2nd rounder on Hackenberg, and after 1 year everyone knew he was a bust. In 2017 he wastes a 3rd and a 4th on WRs Stewart and Hansen,and both are gone in a year. In 2018 he uses a high 3rd on Shepard and he is already written off for 2019. McIdiot always brags about how much works he puts in to prepare for the draft--sure doesn't show!

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Agreed. Rip Mac for that as he totally deserves it. The Shepard pick was beyond stupid as Mac has a tendency to fall in love with players who have good stories. He looks like nothing more than a depth player at this point when we could have selected offensive line last year.

But regarding this first pick in the draft he did the right thing in picking Williams. The two are separate issues as there were no offensive linemen worthy of a top 5 pick.

FJF likes this.
  3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This!!

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

There are only 2 of you on optimist hill. Or maybe you haven't been a fan long.[​IMG] This is the last time any lineman from Alabama was decent for the Jets. The other 3 were taken in 2nd, 6th, and 7th rounds.

Sack Exchange.jpg

5. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

reading a few of these posts is absolutely disgusting

i do not think people understand that Williams is a legitimate All-Pro talent. he is also a masterful tactician as a pass-rusher and will help immensely. like i'm serious, this guy have legitimate defensive player of the year capability. i think he's a much much better prospect than josh allen

also saying that we have other d-linemen is so insanely ignorant that idk what goes through peoples heads. defensive line depth is maybe the most important thing in football behind a franchise QB. what we have right now is fantastic

also Q.Will is the highest graded college defensive linemen in PFF history. like damn, yall gotta chill

#85 Dom, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    SOJAZ, ctjetsguy, FJF and 3 others like this.
  6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I remember getting such a kick out of this when it happened. I didn't remember it was Quinnen until now though!

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Welcome, big fella! Great pick by the Jets. He is only going to get bigger, faster, and stronger too. His future is so bright. Honestly, the Jets have enough good players now where losing is unacceptable. Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, Sam Darnold, now Quinnen Williams. 4 really solid foundation players. Signed CJ Mosley and Leveon Bell.

Now they need to continue to build the O-line and eventually (maybe 2020) get Sam a true #1 WR. Maybe a pass rusher too? Nah! Who needs those?

ctjetsguy likes this.
  8. Royal Tee

lmao...That's fantastic! He was about to say he's not what everybody thinks he is.... (i think)...
    Nah...I'm good..wow!

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. Royal Tee

10. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I am happy with Williams. He seems like a slam dunk pick. But this is Macc's last chance ate a slam dunk draft. No GM has less draft picks become contributing NFL players than he does.. If he does get at least a couple more starters from the rest of his picks then he is toast.

#90 pdxdrew, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Royal Tee likes this.
  11. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Great pick.

Williams will make Williams better who in turn will help Williams improve.

FTW - For The Williamses.

FJF likes this.
  12. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

he will be a good player , but i wonder what deals were on the table

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

To the AFC championship game twice with a below average QB

FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  14. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Anderson really only has $17 mill coming, not $25. He can be released before 2021.
    Mac drafted 2 D Line not 3 , Shepard and Fatukasi. 3rd and 6th rounds respectively. Darnold, Herndon, Nickerson, and Cannon were the other 4.
    Q Williams is in no way scheme dependent and can line up anywhere on the line. He is simply to good of a player to pass up.
    Remember the Eagles used a rotation of 8 d lineman to beat the Pat's in the Super Bowl just a year ago.

PulseJet, Frenbar and Snatch Catch like this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

We're actually entering year 3. The mass dump of vets and salary began after the 2016 season so 17 was the beginning.

SOJAZ and MoWilkBeast like this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

Like what you said about Q but remember we got a second in addition to Kearse which enabled Mac to trade up and retain our first this year.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  17. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Love the pick. I'm excited to see him and Leonard together.

If they can somehow get McCoy today, it would be a big win.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

A 3/4 defense with 2 nose tackles is innovative to say the least.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Because at that time we didn’t have QW. Free agency is for fleshing out a roster, the draft is for adding talent. And we just added big time talent.
    Secondly, after this season there is no guarantees that any of LW Anderson or Mclendon will be back.

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I wanted Josh Allen. We need an outside pass rush, big time!

But, it is hard to argue with this pick. This guy has been listed as the best player in the entire draft, on many boards, for weeks. The Jets have also gotten an A grade from almost every single analysis.

We went BPA. Can't argue with that strategy. Id rather take him then draft for need and swing and miss.