Welcome to the Jets, Quinnen Williams.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Apr 25, 2019.

1. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

All I know is I’m 50 yrs old been a jet fan since I was 8 and this I know every Qb and I mean ever Qb hates rushers in their face. The step up around pass rushers on the corners but they can’t do that when Q is pushing the pocket in their face. Go read what Leo said about him. He was training with he said if he could he would pick him

papapump, TonyFtLaud and BudJet like this.
  2. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Would have preferred Allen. I realize this guy is more than likely the better player, but I'm exhausted by interior linemen.

This dude better put up some real numbers. Sacks and turnovers. None of this "hidden production" crap.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

3. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Why even bring back Henry Anderson if this was going to be the pick? We've seen this story before with Wilkerson, Richardson and Williams. Can't have them all on the field at the same time and remain productive. Too many similar players for the same role.

tomdeb and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Until we have a guy on the edge who can beat his man 1v1 the William's talent will be wasted as 3-4 DE's

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Man, he doesn't even turn 22 until December. Excited to watch him develop here.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well said. The kid is a class act. And he absolutely excelled in multiple formations, one year as a starter or not he tossed senior OL around like rug dolls. Far more class from him than the few here with a hard on for an outside rusher than find pleasure in insulting another human being. I'll root for him 100%

7. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

But not if Quinnen is the next Donald:)

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The boy is a beast. Nothing not to like about him as a player or a person. It's been forever since we've had any kind of push up the middle, and here it is. Collapsing the center of the pocket is a QB's worst nightmare and this should lead to some easy picks downfield. Love it.

PulseJet and TonyFtLaud like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

100% on the money. Not to mention a far superior defensive coaching staff. He will get the linebackers to rush the passer instead of backing up a sort ass front line.

Dom likes this.
  10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think this is the start of tooling up to switch to a 4/3 defense. & possibly the last season for Leo. Don't know if we want to pay Leo big money ....unless he breaks out playing next to Quinnen .

#50 BudJet, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  11. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I wanted Bosa or Allen, and I really didn't agree with the pick. Yeah, he's the BPA, but we do that every goddamn year, and it has yet to pan out for us. I won't attack Quinnen's character. He seems like a good guy. I won't even attack his talent; he's obviously a beast, and a Pro Bowl level talent. I just don't think he was the right pick considering we had a few guys who were "near-BPA" right in our laps.

tomdeb and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Quinnen Williams is an outstanding football player. When the season starts you will feel more optimistic about this selection

13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

YES!!!!

YES!!!!

YES!!!!!

I just found out a few moments ago. I had my fingers crossed.

I hope he lives up to the hype. If he comes anywhere near to living up to it, along with Adams in the secondary and if Darnold becomes who we hope he becomes we're set.:)

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I respect the sentiment about an edge rusher. But without a strong push down the middle it doesn't mean shit for the top QBS that release in 2.5 seconds or there about. No edge rusher gets there. That's why Brady butt fucked Bosa and the Chargers all game long. We aint getting that with Mclendon. But hopefully Q will make our LBs that much better.

FJF likes this.
  15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

then why resign Henry Anderson, a 3-4 DE, and have two high priced ILB in Mosely,and Williamson?

16. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

People complaining about this pick are insane. We aren’t competing for a Super Bowl this year and that’s a fact. This is a multi year project where if we play our cards right, perhaps a 2019 playoff appearance and “contender status” in 2020 are achievable. We were not going to be able to fix all of our roster holes this year. Regardless of additions a 4-12 team needs to take BPA in the top five regardless of position with the exception of QB which we already have. This is an excellent pick and I personally am thrilled. QW has been called the best prospect in the draft almost universally from what I have seen and is a notably better prospect than Leonard Williams, Sheldon, Wilkerson or Coples we’re for comparisons sake. It’s ok to be happy guys

TonyFtLaud and Acad23 like this.
  17. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Good grief! How many DT can you play at a time? Two years ago, they tried playing Leonard Williams with Wilk and Richardson and it was a disaster. Q. Williams would be a dominant player in a 4-3 defense which the jets don't/can't play with $25M invested in Henry Anderson and two high priced ILB in Williamson and Mosely. Another case of the idiot jets taking a great talent, but a poor fit for the type of defense they play. Q. Williams will just be another Leonard Williams,a real draft pick constantly double-teamed and who will post pedestrian stats because he is playing on/in a defense that does not maximize his talents. Mike McCagnan is total idiot--This was a perfect chance to trade down since we only have 5 picks this year. Instead, the dumb shit picks a guy who is poor fit for their defense. The jets ONLY used three of their 6 picks LAST YEAR on the DL--so they used the first pick there again. Fire that dip stick McCagnan now!

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Hopefully Trumaine Johnson can return to form

cgrec likes this.
  19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I disagree with this. Allen could turn out to be good but he had only one good year. Quinnen Williams is a beast. Opposing D's wont be able to double team both him and big cat. Gregg Williams has already suggested that he's going to play some 4-3 and that he isn't married to the 3-4, which would be big time pressure for our D-line.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Multi year project?Ive been hearing that for 7 years now...This rebuild fantasy some of you have is never happening.We either start winning or we dont...There is no multi year project.