Welcome to the Jets, Quinnen Williams.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Apr 25, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the math isn't that hard lol

If i go to a store 16% of weekends and 12% of the time i buy toilet paper then it's 12/16 times i buy TP at the store or 3/4 times which is 75%.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The Jets' defense has been inconsistent when it comes to applying strategic pressure. For example, they have the lowest percentages of pressure in the red zone in both attempted pressure (16%) and disruption (12.2%), with zero sacks. While stopping the run is an area of success (3.25 yards allowed per attempt, second-best in the NFL), the Jets have stopped the pass only intermittently.

I read it as the Jets blitz 16% of the time in the red zone. They manage to distrupt the qb 12.2% of all plays in the red zone. The 12.2% may or may not happen while blitzing.

Both stats are separate...and shitty.

Anybody else following this?

Can I get a 2nd opinion?

3. GasedAndConfused

it could be read that way which is why I said the wording is very vague and not specific if they are counting all plays or just plays with an least 5 rushers. It depends what they mean by "attempted" pressure. Like if we rush 2 and drop 9 in coverage you wouldn't expect pressure. or if you drop the d-line back to play contain. Really they should elaborate more on that stat and what it means. To me it's more indicative of the play-calling in the red zone being less aggressive then most teams, however we are very successful when we do call it

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Love the optimism...but we suck at getting to the quarterback.

We've got 7 sacks...our opponents have sacked us 26 times.

Overall our defense is ranked like 10th...I think?...so not bad.

But that opening drive by the Pats Monday night was horrendous.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

I try and be optimistic but also realistic. we have enough over the top angry negative posters here lol I don't need to add to that nonsense.
    Obviously pass rush is an issue but opponent matters too. We haven't faced many QBs that are "easy to sack" For example 2 players this season have had 4 sack games. Both of them came against the giants. that's a team with a 6th overall mobile rookie QB, and a team that gave a huge contract to the top LT in free agency, used 1st or early 2nd round picks on LT flowers (bust) OG hernandez (he's good though), OG Zietler (traded for him he's doing just decent at best) and their o-line is worse then ours and their stud RB can't get any room either. We've played guys like (rank in least sacks allowed) brady twice (7th), bills (16th), Eagles (12th), cowboys (6th), browns (18th) so 3 in the top 10 and 3 average ones. Our 7 sacks is pretty pathetic though. At least ATL only has 5 and played 1 more game then us and they have beasley who everyone here creamed over and turned to junk after a good 2nd year

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I expected more results with a Greg Williams defense.

I'd love to hear his honest opinion of his players.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It wasn't really pass rush though. The pass rush was completely neutralized by the short passing game. You can't put that on the 4 man rushers. I don't think a pass traveled deeper than 4 yards beyond the line of scrimmage to start the game.

That was all terrible game planning. Rush 3 or 4 drop 6-7 in deep zone coverages against Brady is the worst possible game plan imaginable against him.

Either way though the pass rush has been pretty bad. But it wasn't their fault that drive.

Acad23 likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Really? Gregg Williams's defenses have been hovering around average for over a decade now.

9. GasedAndConfused

Our defense all things considered is playing pretty well. Our offense has been putting them in a bad position plus keeping them on the field a lot. Our defense has been on the field the 7th most in the NFL. We have the 2nd best rush defense in terms of YPA and 11th best in YPG. we also haven't allowed a long rush TD. the longest run we allowed was 23 yards which is also tied for 2nd best. We've also allowed the 9th fewest rushing 1st downs. and all this without our 2 starting projected ILBs and our 3rd overall pick DT. not to mention we were missing our starting OLBs most of the season as well. Our passing D isn't bad either. and we know CB is a weak spot for us but we are 9th in YPA but 24th in YPG. We are 5th in Att/g so basically we are stopping the run as one of the best, but due to that teams are passing a lot more on us and while we are holding them to a low YPA the total's are stacking up making it look worse then what it is. with a better CB and better pass rush we could fix that up. We need an OLB opposite jenkins to help with the rush and 2 new starting CBs but all things considered it's impressive how good the run D has been with so many injuries to our front 7. Q missed 3-4 games, anderson has missed the last 2, avery was on IR in preseason, mosely played less then 6 quarters this season, copeland missed 4 games with suspension, jenkins missed 3 games with an injury. Most teams with that many injuries in the front 7 would be run on all day

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Average is a little bit of an overstatement to be honest.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That one drive was all the Pats needed to win the game.

Pitiful...

12. GasedAndConfused

for people shitting on our players just remember this.
    the pats D is playing at an all time best level right now. their 2 leading tacklers on D are the same 2 starters from the 0-16 browns in 2017.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Take a look at the the touchdown run at the end of that drive and tell me what the fuck Daryl Roberts was doing.

Why would he take on the lead block like that?

14. GasedAndConfused

roberts is ass. all of our CBs right now (except pool) are either ass or injured

Edit: and on a side note, they fact that our pass defense hasn't been lit up and is actually respectable is a huge credit to the front 7 disrupting plays and greg williams play calling

#354 GasedAndConfused, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Mr mittens likes this.
  15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yes, this is reality

16. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I read it that way too. The Jets ony send extra men on 16% of downs in the red zone, and they only disrupt 12.2% of plays. I'm assuming these stats are applied to passing downs only? But really, that is horrible writing because it's possible to read it so many different ways, and when you have multiple percentages quoted it gets really messy. One thing you simply cannot misiterpret, however, is the zero sacks.

All I know is, most of the time I see Jets pass rushers and blitzers simply run into the nearest offensive lineman and get stonewalled. In comparison, I see other teams run past our offensive linemen through huge holes. I've been seeing this for, literally, YEARS.

Acad23 likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the defense is a mirage. yardage wise they would be ranked much lower if the offense wasn't so terrible that they are working with short fields. they give up touchdowns easily, but the short fields help their yardage ranking.

there have been multiple rushing touchdowns right through Leonard Williams btw. and the injuries to the linebackers hurt bad.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

It definitely has. I'm glad we traded Darron Lee right before the season and right after he finally looked like he was getting it...

19. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

agree

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Can I change thread title to “Quinnen Williams looks fat to me” ?