Welcome to the Jets, James Morgan!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Apr 25, 2020.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

yes.... Actually why an argument for Fromm could be made....... we all hope Darnold tkes the reigns and never looks back. In that case, just having "step-in-and dont suck" guy like Fromm could be beneficial..... but f you're playing the bigger gamble.......

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what has happened in the past. Now is the only thing that matters. I'm not going to hold my breath on Gase and/or Dowell Loggains developing Morgan, but stranger things have happened.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Sweet, so we got Josh Allen 2.0 in the 4th round instead of 7th overall.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I would have been happy had they taken fromm here to develop into a game manager type but I am not as down on the Morgan pick as i was when i first saw it

stinkyB likes this.
  5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Based on everything else Joe D has done to this point I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on Morgan.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm fine with this pick, but I am not fine with the fans pointing to 2019 when Sam went down and thinking a 4th round developmental QB is the solution? If Sam (God forbid) goes down in 2020, they need a solid veteran back-up to come in. Not Fales or Morgan. So, I am not sure what the plan would be. Do you want to carry 3 QB's on the roster? I doubt it, but you can't cut Morgan or he will likely be stolen. They need to sign another vet and cut Fales before or after Training Camp.

themorey, NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don’t know about Fromm, he doesn’t have the arm strength to fit east coast weather. Simms had a great take on him.,He was not a candidate for NE, but apparently Morgan was the Pats kind of guy if we didn’t pick him.

stinkyB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Fromm floats every ball he throws. They're all 50-50 balls. Go back and watch the tape. He's AJ McCarron all over again. Great kid, good leader and college football quarterback. But he's not fitting in a tight 15 yard in or out route. I feel bad knocking him because he's done nothing but the right thing since going to Georgia. But he's a good career backup with limited upside, if any at all.

I don't know a ton about Morgan but a lot of teams were all over him. He's supposedly a brilliant kid who completed a pre-law degree easily. That wouldn't be a big deal if he has Fromm's arm. It's a big deal because he has Cutler's arm but not the arrogance.

#48 Jonathan_Vilma, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Hopefully Darnold isn't getting injured or out of the lineup for long stretches every year otherwise we have a bigger problem at hand. The point is that you develop this guy and hopefully two or three years from now he's good enough that he can pass for a low level starter who can fill in if Darnold does get hurt. If he ends up even better than that, you have trade bait. For 2020, yeah I agree, it'd be foolish not to get a vet.

joelip, NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The next Tom Brady.

11. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Well he does wear #12. I can't think of any reason why that would be a problem for us.

Brook! likes this.
  12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Seems like the reports could be true...we fucked the Patriots out of this guy.

Freddy Mondo and themorey like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that. This may have been as much of a move to make sure the Pats don't get him as if was Joe D. looking for a backup QB.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I actually watched this guy quite a bit in college, its pretty funny that they drafted him. The wife is a Bowling Green alum and we have season tickets, although we only go to a couple games a year. Then I watched him play Marshall when he was with FIU, very randomly. Then the Jets draft him, lots of strange coincidences.

--
    anyway, at Bowling Green that team was a mess. Every game he played the other team was more talented and organized. Forget the football stuff, I was most impressed that he would scramble and tell everyone where they need to be, often after picking himself up from the turf after getting smashed haha. He is tough.

The arm is real, the pocket awareness was odd but maybe it was a product of the porous offensive line.

I will say I didn't think I was watching an NFL Quarterback but I'm not the best judge of QBs so who knows

Brook! likes this.
  15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Good! Belichek said they had their eye on a QB, but it didn't work out. Could be Morgan.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Well by all accounts Morgan is intended to be developed. This is what Howie Roseman said regarding Hurts and the Philly mantra. I'm sure Douglas played a role in that mantra in Philly and brought it here.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

At least Morgan has an arm unlike Fales and Falk

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

LOL ...BB loves competition for his players and getting Morgan would have pushed J Stidham and at worse possibly get another J Garrapollo trade

Of course, Morgan is no where near the talent of JG imo. In fact I was pissed when dummy Idzik let him walk away from the Jets

I hope Iam wrong but now on rethinking , I would lower the heady A grade I gave Morgan when I first considered him to a B

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hmm...only problem Morgan is not close to being the talent Hurts is :(

Philly can now pull off the stuff S Payton does in NE with T Hill /Brees

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I do like the kid's size and arm. He might be a steal for us as other teams apparently were drooling over him too.

ColoradoContrails likes this.