Welcome to the Jets, Israel Abanikanda (RB)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think that's exactly what this is. They wanted him to participate in the full offseason program, there was a lot of value there. Plus with JD's job on the line, he wanted to make sure we get Rodgers. I just think he could have waited until the draft day, and GB would accept without the swap. Free 110 mil of CAP for the guy they already moved on from, no other takers, Rodgers will only go to the Jets, 2nd rounder this year, and a 1st next year with little protection. I just don't see them refusing this package even without the swap. For GB it would be like cutting their nose to spite their face. We just had to wait a few days longer.

Glad to have you back!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Also very possible that our staff looked at their board and saw a negligible dropoff from 13 to 15 which includes missing out on all the tackles which they obviously knew was a possibility. We wanted Broderick Jones badly, that doesn't mean that a.) the front office agreed and b.) Broderick Jones is going to actually pan out. So who knows, maybe the FO was a whole lot more casual about it than we are and maybe they end up being completely right.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I hope so, at this point, I want Jones to suck to stick it to Pitts for jumping us.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I'd rather him be great and Will McDonald beats him multiple times for sacks in the next game we play.

NY Jets68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks!

6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

If the Jets would have waited till after the draft, why wouldn’t GB just then wait till the Sept salary is due? Doesn’t that seem like GBs next move?

Jets would still get their QB (probably)… but in September. Is that a better scenario?

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Neither did Sammy Davis, Jr.