Welcome to the Jets Elijah Moore - WR (2nd Rd Pick)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 30, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lots of it was him just wide open and having enough speed vs college LBers to seperate. not really a guy who creates YAC from what i've seen.

Positives - very natural hands. balls just gets vacuumed in. makes things look easy and effortlesses. good size/speed combo for a TE, good ball skills will high point it when covered
    negatives - Not much of a threat after the catch, doesn't break tackles, awful blocker, lack of effort when ball isn't in hands. lacks a fire and urgency.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He seemed to make a few good blocks but I appreciate it is a highlight reel lol as an udfa he has promise, he certainly makes catching the ball look effortless that's for sure.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I didn't watch a lot of Fant in college so I'm comparing him to the NFL version based on size and measurable's but he reminds me of a poor man's Noah Fant. Slightly slower and smaller.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know what all the posts are doing in the Moore thread regarding Yeboah, but check out the UDFA thread. I posted some info there on Yeboah that contradicts what you just said about Yeboah.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

6. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

This kids has the potential to be an absolute beast. Was my favorite pick of the draft. Hopefully it's all up for him.

NYGANGGREEN, NCJetsfan and jets_fan like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think I was more impressed by the one-handed grab - like his hands are velcro.

NYGANGGREEN, NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He was my favorite pick of the draft too. Has the potential to be our first real star on the offensive side of the ball in a long time.

9. GasedAndConfused

fant was a much better prospect. obviously since he went in the 1st and yeboah is UD
    lol IDK how we stared this either,

anyway you should know that I don't bother with scouting reports. I like to watch them myself and obviously haven't watched a lot on yeboah at all. maybe 30 mins total so just saying what i've seen so far

10. NCJetsfan

I watch myself, and then read the scouting reports to try to confirm what I saw or see what I might have missed. IMO one isn't doing thorough research if one doesn't read scouting reports.

11. GasedAndConfused

i can discuss with others after and go back to the tape. kinda the point of a forum and why this offseason was no fun since nobody on team fields wanted to discuss the pro and cons of him vs wilson. it was only trolling from that side

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

13. NCJetsfan

https://theathletic.com/2560642/202...ore-nfl-draft-observations/?source=dailyemail

Quote from the above-referenced article by Connor Hughes:

"Just wait to see how the Jets use Elijah Moore
    Instead of Jenkins, the Jets drafted Moore. You can’t ever complain about a player who will help the quarterback. People with the Jets described Moore as “electric” and “dynamic” and “special.” The Jets love his “A-plus-plus-plus character.” Flip on the film, and it’s easy to see what the Jets love. No, Moore isn’t big (5-9, 178), but he is an athletic freak who ran a 4.32-second 40-yard dash and jumped a 36-inch vertical at his pro day. Last year, in eight games, he caught 86 passes for 1,193 yards and eight touchdowns.

The Jets plan to use Moore like the 49ers did Deebo Samuel in 2019. So you’ll see him lined up everywhere. He’ll be outside, inside and in the backfield. They’ll throw it to him deep, on crosses and on screens. You just want to get the ball in his hands. When you do that, good things will happen.

Moore played primarily in the slot in college, but Douglas said the Jets didn’t draft him to replace Jamison Crowder. That’s true … for this year. The 2022 season is a different story, though."

14. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I think this kid is going to be a star!

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Teammates. In my prediction thread I said we will have three rookies in the running for ROY. IMO Our WR leads the parade. I think he will be awesome under our new regime.

NCJetsfan and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not sure I see a rookie WR catching enough passes from a rookie QB to be in the convo for OROY, good or not, and the RB is going to be part of a RBBC.

That doesn't mean they won't have excellent careers, but the situation doesn't lend itself to performance awards early on.

themorey and King Koopa like this.
  17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I watch as much SEC football as anyone and this kid is amazing...Actually shocked Toney went ahead of him for the Giants even though he’s a good player too. Would take Moore over Toney every time though

NCJetsfan, Borat, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  18. toddhershkowitz

toddhershkowitz Active Member

this guy is going to be a STUD

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. toddhershkowitz

same and same

20. toddhershkowitz

OHHHHH LAWDDDDDD
    we haven't had a WR like that in YEARS.

NCJetsfan likes this.