Welcome to the Jets Christian Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why not? You can root for a bartender when he's making your martini but not when he's home beating his wife.

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I was rooting for Sean Davis. Quote me on it.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

For those wondering why we didn't take Cook... the 4th round is approaching, two more QBs have come off the board after our Hackenberg pick and neither of them is Cook.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

5. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

A random bartender? Maybe. One of the worst mass murderers in history, I can't do it.

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

But with all our holes there were olinemen and linebackers and WRs and RBs we could have taken in the 2nd that could become starters.

Hack is awful.

_

7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Yea we miss on our 2nd round picks every year, year in, year out. That's why our team is stuck in perpetual mediocrity. We're a shitty franchise that gets by on free agent signings.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Geno and Petty are projects; Hack is not a project. At 21 he already understands pro-style offensive concepts, calling protections, making audibles at the line, pre-snap reads…etc. His issue is can he shake those bad habits he has picked up from getting beaten into a pulp the last couple of years. Unlike Petty and Geno he can run a NFL offense on Day 1, whether or not he would be any good is another story though.

9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Junc Is that you?

10. legler82

Didn't Penny announce Geno too? Oh oh.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Vic Hitler. I could root for Vic Hitler in green and white. He'd be about 70 now, or the actor who played him would.

Hill Street Blues... Feels like a lifetime ago.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

13. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

My hero, Wayne Chrebet announced Geno. But I forgive him.

legler82 and 74 like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

This post makes zero sense. So he's a project. He's a project with a ton of talent and potential. Using a low 2nd round pick on a potential franchise QB makes plenty of sense. Yes, we have a project QB in Petty already. Is he starting yet? Last time I looked he wasn't. Mac would be stupid if he put all his eggs in Petty's basket, and I like Petty and think he may develop. Just because they took Hack doesn't mean they don't like Petty, have given up on him, or the pick was wasted. It's Mac's job to find a QB of the future, not take one and hope he develops. If both develop, the Jets are golden. Adding Hack improves the Jets' chances of having a QB of the future. If neither develops, they're no worse off than they were before.

It might be one thing if every other NFL team had Hack rated as a 4th round pick or lower and Mac reached. We have no evidence that is the case, however. Mac is smart and professional. Most of the moves he has made so far have been good ones. He deserves the benefit of the doubt imo. Until we do, imo we should believe that other teams had Hack rated this highly and Mac and the Jets' scouts really think that Hack can develop into a great starting QB. If he truly was valued as a 2nd round pick by other NFL teams as well, then his chances of developing are much greater than if he were rated as a 4th round pick or lower.

Will-I-Am-Not and PulseJet like this.
  15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I don't know enough to say one way or another, but I'll just leave these here:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

It's funny how guys are on here crying wishing the JETS took Cook at QB and that guy is just falling and falling in the Draft. I wonder why lol Not a leader and was never a difference maker just a game manager on a talented defensive team. And everyone hating on the Hackenberg pick, he doesn't have Franklin as his head coach anymore and he will be competing and most likely sitting on the bench his first year smh.

Br4d, tbdaghost and matt robinson 17 like this.
  17. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

its going to be glorious bumping this thread in a few years

18. legler82

It can be argued that he will be the most talented QB Gailey will have had the chance to coach in the NFL.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

lol @ all the internet GM's ITT.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I call BS. While you're correct that no one is perfect or infallible, you seem to think that you are based on your strong comments. You admit that you don't know more than Mac or the scouts, yet you state in a matter of fact manner that Hack is a 6th round QB, and yet you have no effing clue how other scouts/GMs in the NFL had him rated. Bill O'Brien is pretty respected and he seemed to like Hackenberg just fine. I'd be willing to bet that Mac spoke with him at length regarding Hackenberg. They are in a position to know more about Hack's mental makeup and talent than any of us. Why don't you take a qualude or some ketamine and chill? You might just discover in time just how wrong you are.