Welcome to the Jets Cameron Clark

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedGreen4ever, Apr 25, 2020.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'll bet that Mac is scratching his butt and wondering why Douglas is taking all the OL and ignoring DT.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

Holy shit! That's awesome!

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

We certainly needed it.

5. NCJetsfan

https://www.northjersey.com/story/s...ron-clark-joe-douglas-adds-o-line/3026753001/

NFL Draft 2020: Jets pick Cameron Clark in 4th round, 3 things to know about new o-lineman
    Andy Vasquez, NFL writerPublished 2:07 p.m. ET April 25, 2020 | Updated 4:38 p.m. ET April 25, 2020

General manager Joe Douglas is serious about rebuilding the Jets' offensive line. And on the off chance you were doubting the general manager's commitment to the o-line, he reminded everyone yet again on Saturday.

The Jets used their third and final fourth-round selection on Charlotte offensive tackle Cameron Clark, who went 129th overall.

Clark is the sixth offensive lineman the Jets have added this offseason, joining the first-round pick, tackle Mekhi Becton, and five free-agent signings: tackle George Fant, guard Greg Van Roten, center Connor McDermott and interior lineman Josh Andrews. The team also re-signed guard Alex Lewis.

Here are three things to know about the Jets' new tackle.

He knows another Jets' rookie
    Clark and the Jets' other rookie offensive tackle should have some chemistry. Becton and Clark got to know each other well during the pre-draft process, striking up a friendship at the combine and training together in Dallas.

"We got real close," Clark said. "We talk all the time. So I was definitely excited about joining Mekhi up here. Mekhi's a heck of a player, he's nasty, loves finishing blocks. I feel like both of us have that in our game so I'm excited to see what both of us can do."

Changing positions?
    Several talent evaluators believe Clark is best suited to play guard as a pro, where speed on the edges could be a problem for him . But Clark says he doesn't view himself that way.

"I feel like I can play all five positions in on the offensive line," Clark said. "But I definitely feel like I'm a tackle in the NFL."

Clark played left tackle exclusively in college, but Becton and Fant are likely to be ahead of him there on the depth chart. Perhaps he could push right tackle Chuma Edoga for playing time. But one thing is for sure, the Jets suddenly have plenty of o-line depth.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He needs to play a little bit lower if he kicks inside. The talent definitely looks there and he's always moving his feet. I think he's more of a tackle than he is a guard, but he definitely gets a great push and has the power to be an NFL lineman.

8. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I know there's a lot of talk about him moving inside, but wondering if anyone envisions RT

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's possible but I think it's a given he will be moving inside, just from everything I've read since the draft

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

This isn't your grandfathers maccagnan built offensive line.
    This is your daddies 2020 version of JD's built O-Line.
    It's just different.
    Within only one off-season too.

Say Uncle.
    Say uncle.
    No? Ok.
    Well then who's your daddy?
    Joe Douglas is my new O-Linemans daddy.
    And they are different.

So I have every right to scream best offensive attack within our Division being led by Sam Darnold,

1-2 punch and tandem @ RB featuring thunder and more thunder in former All-Pro Le'Veon Bell and the next great and top 10 Florida Gator RBs of All-Time Lamical Perine.

Pass catching options everywhere now too.

Denzel Mims (welcome to the #1 on the outside NFL WR party).

Jamison Crowder (great slot receiver set career highs with Sam 2019).

Chris Herndon (better rookie season than Antonio Gates)..

Breshad Perriman will beat you deep with Florida Olympic track star speed if you let him.

Le'Veon Bell (61 reactions 1st year Jet)

Behind an improved JD Offensive Line (big time).

And if Q comes back Darnold turns him into a star again.

nycarl likes this.