Welcome to the Jets, Bryce Hall

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CotcheryFan, Apr 25, 2020.

1. 757-Niner

757-Niner Member

Coming from a biased UVA Football fan, I think Hall will be the steal of the entire draft. No way he falls to the 5th round had he done what most college athletes do and made a run at the $$. He could have declared as a junior and been a late first or second rounder. But he had unfinished business@UVA. He wanted to leave Virginia as a winner and that's exactly what he did, as the team took the ACC Coastal division while also ending their 15 game losing streak to arch nemesis, Virginia Tech.

Bryce is a phenomenal young man. Grounded, hard-working, self-motivated and a faith-bound leader. Worked his way from a 2* recruit with only one P5 offer to the best CB in college football, per PFF as a junior. You will never have to worry about any off-the-field transgressions. He's a dedicated student of the game, whose rabid obsession with film study has been well document within the football program.

He may not jump out at you with his physical gifts. But he reminds me alot of Richard Sherman in that he will be technically sound and ultra smart with his read and recognition. He will consistently put himself in the best position to make plays on the ball.

I would take it easy with him, as he recovers from the broken ankle that sidelined him for the majority of his senior year. That was a very gruesome injury that I think had ligament damage as well. Starting him off on the PUP is more than likely and I wouldn't be surprised if he they shut him down for his entire rookie year. It would allow him to hit the ground running(pun intended) for his second year.

I think you guys got a really good one. I'll be paying close attention...

2. ThatQueensGuy13

ThatQueensGuy13 New Member